By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by BattleHawk View Post
    Made an upgrade today that was a long time coming as it kept getting pushed back for one reason or another, From this:

I am able to get some games to run like this windowed. I would like to find a way to set up eyefinity at 4360x1440 to make it work with more games, but I doubt it is possible at this point.
    I want that chair also i'll be upgrading my sound soon to some sp2500 no idea for sound card, will post pics once i get em
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Not 100% happy with the headphones but Amazon had them on sale + I had a coupon. They're very clean but don't do bass very well. Still, very very pleased overall with this setup.
    You have to give headphones time to break-in though. Don't judge cans within atleast 30-40 hours, however it can take weeks before they open up completely.
    I'm still hearing some subtle differences in the B&W P7's.

I don't like the look of the build quality of those cans though. Sound may be good, but the buildquality looks plasticy and unfinished.

I got my babies today! It was worth saving up!

Not 100% happy with the headphones but Amazon had them on sale + I had a coupon. They're very clean but don't do bass very well. Still, very very pleased overall with this setup.
    what you have there is proper headphones, it doesnt cover the sound with over powering bass which 'gaming' headsets basically is, proper actual headphones which are the ones you want to spend money on, sound like that, its designed to be accurate, solid clarity.

Basically, all of the rubbish from gaming headsets arent present here, your hearing how sound should sound as close as possible.
    youve made a good choice here

Have you tried what a sound equalizer does to them? Try boosting the bass up a little and see how it sounds. :-)

Equalisers actually make mine sound worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    what you have there is proper headphones, it doesnt cover the sound with over powering bass which 'gaming' headsets basically is, proper actual headphones which are the ones you want to spend money on, sound like that, its designed to be accurate, solid clarity.

Basically, all of the rubbish from gaming headsets arent present here, your hearing how sound should sound as close as possible.
    youve made a good choice here
    I'm warming up to them for sure. I messed around with the foobar equalizer and found a good balance. Nothing too crazy, it's pretty close to flat with just a few minor tweaks to bass/treble. Vocals sound amaaaaaazing. I think I'll stick with these for a good while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghazh
    Have you tried what a sound equalizer does to them? Try boosting the bass up a little and see how it sounds. :-)
    I'm starting to slowly realize that I don't like bass as much as I thought I did, though I've still found myself boosting bass up for a few songs (mostly hip hop, of course). I'm really glad I switched to foobar...if you notice in my setup I have Loki (Schiit) for DSD playback.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    I don't like the look of the build quality of those cans though. Sound may be good, but the buildquality looks plasticy and unfinished.
    I agree, they just fit my budget and are really good quality.

Edit: Random thought: why doesn't every manufacturer coil their cords? It's insanely convenient. I'm really starting to fall in love with these DT990s.
    {MMO-Champion General Rules} {Off-Topic Forum Rules} {Video Games Discussion Forum Rules}

"Curse the fiends, their children too. And their children, forever true."

Edit: Random thought: why doesn't every manufacturer coil their cords? It's insanely convenient. I'm really starting to fall in love with these DT990s.
    Because it makes the chord heavy and annoying. At least most of the time it can make the headset heavier in the chord side and also they can drag. Personally I find a straight chord to be most pleasing, not too soft or too hard. It should be able to move naturally and not drag or add annoying sounds if rubbed against something.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Hmm I can see that but that's definitely not the case for these ones at least. The cord is very light and doesn't get caught on anything, though I'm using an L (though I have it set up more like an T) shaped desk and the amp is on the right side. So the cable goes right from the amp to my head Nothing in the way really.
    {MMO-Champion General Rules} {Off-Topic Forum Rules} {Video Games Discussion Forum Rules}

"Curse the fiends, their children too. And their children, forever true."

I have a friend who uses Shure headphones with detachable cord. It's got a coiled cable, and frankly it is a nightmare. Despite the cable being sufficiently long, the coil meant he couldn't direct the cable around his setup, and I don't blame him for not wanting to have his cans' cord dangling across the keyboard.

It was alleviated by him getting an external amp that sits on his left by the keyboard, so that helped a lot in making it more 'comfortable'.

I must agree. The coiled cable on my sennheiser 280 pro's is the biggest fault with them actually. I mean I don't see it adding anything to the headphones but it's rather heavy and the cable without stretching isn't sufficiently long to reach behind the pc if routed neatly. And if you stretch the coil it just starts dragging the headphones down and isn't comfortable. Only thing I can come up with that it's useful for is that if you 'run out of' cable and would otherwise disconnect it there's some headroom left with coiled one. Might be good for if you moved around alot maybe?

Only thing I can come up with that it's useful for is that if you 'run out of' cable and would otherwise disconnect it there's some headroom left with coiled one.
    With the mile and a half of cable you get with most headphones, running out of range isn't something I have ever come across. I have about two thirds of the cable coiled up and fastened with a cable tie.
    Last edited by Butler Log; 2014-05-07 at 12:30 PM.
    Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Samsung 951PRO nVME 512GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Crucial MX200 1TB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic X850

Former author of the TankSpot.com Protection Paladin guide

I have my headphones connected to the computer, from which it then circles around half the table (held in place by some shelves I have). I can't tell you how convenient its current length is; it doesn't touch the floor, and I can comfortable roll a fair bit about in my chair if I so wish.

If this had been a coiled cable I'd be using it to choke someone right about now, I think. Today has not been a good day.

If this had been a coiled cable I'd be using it to choke someone right about now, I think. Today has not been a good day.[/QUOTE]

I'm definitely not a fan of coiled cables, such as what my DT770's sport. Meanwhile my AD900x's sport a massively long flimsy cord, meanwhile the closed ear variant of the AD900x's have a quality braided cable sleeve. It just ticks me off they opted out of it for the open ear version. One of these days I'll get around to sleeving it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    If this had been a coiled cable I'd be using it to choke someone right about now, I think. Today has not been a good day.
    You'd have to keep pulling the cable until it was no longer coiled to even get anywhere. All in all, you'd just end up even more pissed while your potential victim would be confused.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | EVGA GTX 670 FTW | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Dell U2711 27" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Zowie FK1 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

Funny, my DT 770 Pro 80 ohm features no coiled cable. Just straight one here.

Anyway, two pictures today. Firstly, a while back I tried this thing called tilt-shifting, lens-shifting, whatever term you prefer. And honestly, this is about as good as I could get out of trying. /sigh

Secondly, a bit of a wet crisis is currently forcing me to have my setup somewhere else. I didn't feel like my computer would be safe where it was.
    Therefore, this is the current setup.

how do you like natural lighting behind a monitor? Just curious. and I miss your high res pics glad to see you coming back to it, its been awhile.
    My 2010-2014 Build *updated as of 4/4/14*
    Instagram follow @TheDrawingMil

I don't know yet! It's been raining, so the sun hasn't been nearly as glaring. It's been mostly a gentle, ambient light here. That said, if we had sun right now to begin with my setup wouldn't be where it is right now.

It's been a while (4days is a while for me!) since we have pics semi-related to actual rigs (I just don't care about the audio discussions, sorry guys :3), thanks Drunkenvalley - always appreciate and enjoy your pics.
    Gaming Rig: CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.5Ghz | CPU Cooler: H100i | Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: 2x4GB 1600MHz |GPU: GTX 780 | PSU: Corsair TX750M | Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker | SSD1 (Boot drive): 120GB Kingston | SSD2: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO | HDD: 1TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Black) | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Audio: Razer Tiamat 7.1 | Monitor: LG IPS234 (1920x1080)

Secondly, a bit of a wet crisis is currently forcing me to have my setup somewhere else. I didn't feel like my computer would be safe where it was.
    Your house/flat heard you water-cooled your PC and wanted to help.
    Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Samsung 951PRO nVME 512GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Crucial MX200 1TB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic X850

Former author of the TankSpot.com Protection Paladin guide

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    I must agree. The coiled cable on my sennheiser 280 pro's is the biggest fault with them actually. I mean I don't see it adding anything to the headphones but it's rather heavy and the cable without stretching isn't sufficiently long to reach behind the pc if routed neatly. And if you stretch the coil it just starts dragging the headphones down and isn't comfortable. Only thing I can come up with that it's useful for is that if you 'run out of' cable and would otherwise disconnect it there's some headroom left with coiled one. Might be good for if you moved around alot maybe?
    I hear you on this issue... You described word for word the same issue I have with my Shure SRH440s.

Doesn't help they aren't very comfortable in the first place after 10 minutes. :P

That's why I've moved full-time to the Audio Technica ATH-AD700s... however lately with 3 jobs, I hardly even see my computer. =/
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Funny, my DT 770 Pro 80 ohm features no coiled cable. Just straight one here.

Anyway, two pictures today. Firstly, a while back I tried this thing called tilt-shifting, lens-shifting, whatever term you prefer. And honestly, this is about as good as I could get out of trying. /sigh

Therefore, this is the current setup.

What is the chair you have in this picture? I'm on the look out for a new one.