Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    water damage is not covered by any OEM without accidental coverage in the warranty (you have to pay extra for this)

i'd tell your friend to go after whoever spilled water on it
    It's been over 3 years and I think if anyone did it, it was her younger sister. The laptop barely performed back then anyways, it's not worth it at this point. She's happy with a newer system now anyways.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Sennheiser HD598 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

Got a new monitor a while ago in the form of a 27" 2560x1440 Dell u2713hm

Specs is mostly the same but switched for a more robust case being a fractal design R4 now supporting a future SLI configuration better.
    A 4770k, 8 GB of ram and a gtx 780 is powering it now but i have a feeling i might need a second 780 at some point in the future though.

Zealo, dont your eyes burn, sitting so close to that 27"
    CPU i5 2500k MB Asus P8Z68-V PRO Ram Mushkin 8gb
    GPU Asus R9 270x CASE Antec 300 PSU Seasonic 520W
    SSD Kingston 240gb HDD Seagate 500gb OS Windows 7
    KB CM Storm Rapid-I Mouse Steelseries Sensei Raw

Quote Originally Posted by Sheor View Post
    Would definitely increase immersion due to filling more of the view. It's a 1440p 27", so to truly appreciate that crisp pixel density I reckon sitting close is ok :P
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2014-06-06 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheor View Post
    Having a deeper desk probably wouldn't hurt but can't say they do with that high pixel density sitting at about ~ 1.5 arms length away from it. The wooden plank holding the keyboard can be pulled out more than what's shown in the picture.
    Last edited by zealo; 2014-06-06 at 08:54 AM.

So the fittings arrived today. I'm not completely done yet, since I obviously haven't installed the cables, etc. I've filled the loop, and it's still bleeding. There's still air in the pump, just a few drops, but I just can't seem to bleed them out. /sigh

Anyway, more pictures will follow when the system is assembled further.

High Overlord
    So yeah this is pretty much gonna be my first non pre-built computer (hopefully the link works) anyway, I'm going back between the i7-4770k and the i5-4670k. Mainly going for gaming and streaming/recording. Water cooler for overclocking purposes. 16gigs of ram cause well 16gigs of ram. SSD for boot reasons and the hdd for everything else (I have a external hard drive if I need more storage) and the 780 cause well I don't have the money for a titan and the 780 has higher speeds and more cores or so I've read. I can always switch things around, still learning all this.

Link to build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vNQVGX

The specs of the build:
    CPU: i5 2500k
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz
    Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
    GPU: 2x AMD R9 290X
    PSU: Cosair RM1000
    Case: Corsair Vengeance C70

Obviously, there's a fair bit of watercooling components involved.

Watercooling:
    Radiators:
    360x30 Magicool radiator via OEM
    240x30 Magicool radiator via OEM

Waterblocks:
    EK Supremacy Clean CSQ, black POM
    2x EK-FC R9-290X

Reservoir:
    Bitspower Z-Multi 150, clear w/ black POM

Pump:
    Laing D5 pump
    w/ Bitspower pump-top
    w/ Bitspower pump-mount
    w/ XSPC aluminum screw ring

Think that's about it. Beyond that I'm just using the new multi-link fittings from Bitspower to connect 10mm ID/12mm OD acrylic tubing.

Looking good Drunkenvalley. Really digging the small details like the heatsinks on the HDD, mobo and those small hexagons on the fans all coming together nicely. Slightly bothered by that tilted cpu block to radiator tube though, what's up with that?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    WoW has been a CPU-bound game for much of its lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Slightly bothered by that tilted cpu block to radiator tube though, what's up with that?
    Huh? If there's a tilt it's the reservoir to CPU, because the reservoir had to be placed in that exact spot for the fittings to really come together best.

Ah yes, meant the reservoir to CPU of course. Couldn't you just mount it a bit higher and make that pump to reservoir bit just a tiny bit longer? Anyway, something like that would drive me absolutely nuts when everything else fits so nicely.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    WoW has been a CPU-bound game for much of its lifetime.

The pr0n is strong with this build. Was wondering if you planned on sleeving the pumps wiring? Also, earlier in the thread you mentioned not being able to get the pump itself to bleed out properly.. adjust the speed to max, then back down again a few times, usually flushes those pesky air bubbles out that are caught in the pump itself / rads chambers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Ah yes, meant the reservoir to CPU of course. Couldn't you just mount it a bit higher and make that pump to reservoir bit just a tiny bit longer? Anyway, something like that would drive me absolutely nuts when everything else fits so nicely.
    I used one of the Bitspower Crystal Link tubes that I had leftover from long ago. It was the first fitting, and as you might be able to tell the tilt is caused by like two mm offset, which I couldn't tell at a glance until everything else had come together. When I realized there was a slight tilt I'd pretty much assembled it and everything.

Personally, it doesn't bother me nearly as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravewyrm View Post
    The pr0n is strong with this build. Was wondering if you planned on sleeving the pumps wiring? Also, earlier in the thread you mentioned not being able to get the pump itself to bleed out properly.. adjust the speed to max, then back down again a few times, usually flushes those pesky air bubbles out that are caught in the pump itself / rads chambers.
    I know how to bleed the loop, but the pump is simply being resilient as heck is all. :| Annoys me to no end lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiritai View Post
    Hellooooo!

Not sure if this is the right place to ask for advice but I'm going to regardless! If I'm in the wrong place you can always direct me.

Been thinking of upgrading my videocard mainly to play Watch Dogs, Wildstar, Elder Scrolls Online and Star Citizen. And a lot of older games like Thief, Witcher 2 and other games.
    At first I thought I'd just wait it out till the end of the year for the new videocards to arrive but I heard they won't be out untill somewhere next year.

What would you guys suggest?
    Been looking at the MSI GeForce GTX 760 Gaming and the 770 version. Not sure if the 770 is worth the extra money if I'll be replacing it next year anyway.

Any help is appreciated!
    Compared to your current GTX 580, a 760 is only 1 tier above your current card:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ew,3107-7.html

You would want to move up at least 3 tiers to see a noticeable improvement in games. (Assuming graphics was the limiting factor in the games you are talking about).

Thats not to say that a 760/770 wont outperform your current card, but it might not be worth the upgrade cost.
    Last edited by Sinyc; 2014-06-09 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post

You would want to move up at least 3 tiers to see a noticeable improvement in games. (Assuming graphics was the limiting factor in the games you are talking about).
    this is not really a valid statement, you upgrade when you want based on need, even if i was still running my 590's i'd still upgrade for the feature set on the 600 series and newer, also, gpu performance gains are not a linear thing, there is no reason to wait 3 generations, the 780ti is technically only one generation newer than the 580, but it absolutely smashes the 580

i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | RV05
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

I'd honestly argue that the 780 ti at this point is best described as three generations after. The 600 series came and went, the Titan rolled around, before the 700-series started with 780 and started filling in the gaps below.

Honestly, trying to count generations is getting convoluted. Do we consider the Titan series to be part of the 700?

im referring more to Fermi vs Kepler, the 580 was GF110, while the 780, titan, 780ti and titan black are all GK110

i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | RV05
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I'd honestly argue that the 780 ti at this point is best described as three generations after. The 600 series came and went, the Titan rolled around, before the 700-series started with 780 and started filling in the gaps below.

Honestly, trying to count generations is getting convoluted. Do we consider the Titan series to be part of the 700?
    Titan is I think GTX 699 somewhere on the PCB. But in the driver selection page on geforce.com, it was moved to the 700-series as soon as the 700-series sprouted :3
    Obsidian 350D | Intel Core i7 2700K @ 4.8GHz | ASUS Maximus V Gene Z77 | 32GB RAM | Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 | 500GB SSD | LG 34" 21:9 34UM95-P

Decided to Water Cool my system

After an RMAed Motherboard I still had some credits left at the Manufacturers Store so I decided to buy another GPU...
    Fear of getting cooked alive during summer I decided to go water cooled once more after a decade of absence to it.

Front shot:

Changed my beloved Lian Li TYR PC-X2000B into a Corsair 900D more suitable for water cooling.
    The Front Bezel removed shows the 1st 240mm Radiator equipped with two 120mm Fans.

Second Shot:

With Corsair gluing the Heat Spreaders to the RAM I wouldn't have been able to remove them in order to water cool the RAM thus I didn't bother.
    So for now it's just the CPU, VR, MOSFET, PCH & 2 GPUs that are being water cooled - Still plenty.

On the top is the 1st 480mm Radiator equipped with four 120mm Fans.
    Water Blocks, Radiators and Tubing is all EKWB.
    Pump/Res Combo and Fan Controller is Aquacomputer.

Third Shot:

Lots of custom cable sleeving was done here - Used pretty much an entire 100m spool for this build.
    Not very happy with the not decoupled Pump/Res combo but nothing I could have done.
    Will change to a different Pump/Res combo later on that mounts to the Motherboard Tray even freeing up another HDD Cage.

Bottom area shows the 2nd 480 Radiator equipped with four 120mm Fans and slightly offset behind it the 2nd 240 Radiator with the last two 120mm Fans.

Last Shot:

Place where most of the sleeving went into.
    So not going to do that again in quite a while.

Old Post showing System pre Water Cooled.
    16665600 Pixels