Is this a joke? That OS...
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Well since you asked, I think you overspent on the RAM and motherboard.. Some savings there would have got you a nice 250-500Gb SSD. But other then that it looks pretty solid, especially for WoW considering the CPU. Any overclocking yet?
    No overclocking yet. Saving for some decent cooler first.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I agree with Ghazh, the high speed RAM is always both overkill and overpriced, well, almost always. For WoW, it is. The motherboard is also pretty overkill, unless you know how to use it to its fullest potential.

The savings could have garnered an SSD like Ghazh said, and/or a higher level GPU.

Still, good looking system! Would love to see pictures once you have it all setup!
    Ill take some pictures when i get back from work! ^^

What MOBO and RAM u guys think would suit better this build ? I knew the RAM was overkill but about the MOBO as Ghazh said, planning to overclock in fullest potential as soon as some decent cooler arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Aevyn View Post
    My System Specifications:

Operating System: Windows 8.1
    CPU Type: Intel® Core™ i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz
    CPU Speed: 3.42 GHz
    System Memory: 8.53 GB
    Video Card Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
    Video Card Memory: 4.23 GB
    Video Card Driver: nvd3dum.dll
    Desktop Resolution: 1920x1080
    Download Speed: 3.12 MB/s (25 mbps)

Living in Belgium and internet is shit over here compared to some other countries.
    Have a 27" monitor.
    Will post a picture soon.

Was wondering since I want to multibox WoW more, I can currently have 6-10 WoW windows open at min settings, which part(s) should I upgrade to be able to run more ?
    Edit: inserted wrong OS. Correction made.
    Thanks to Winter Blossom for the gorgeous work.

Quote Originally Posted by sh4c4w View Post
    Just built my new pc.
    Opinions are welcome

Intel LGA 1150 Core I7 4790K R$ 1.229,00
    Corsair 8GB (2x4) DDR3 2400MHz Vengeance Pro Red R$ 389,00
    ASUS Atx LGA 1150 Maximus VII Hero Z97 R$ 975,00
    GigaByte GeForce GTX760 2GB DDR5 256-Bit Windforce 3X PCI-Express 3.0 R$ 1085,90
    Sharkoon REX MWC Water Cooling Edition R$ 505,00
    Seagate SATA III Barracuda 7200 1TB ST1000DM00 R$ 294,00
    PSU Zalman 700W Dual Forward Power Supply ZM700-GLX R$ 322,90

Total : R$ 4.870,80 = $ 2.193,22

Computer stuff in Brazil is expensive
    Thinking about trading the gtx 760 for a xfx r9 280x, does it worth it?
    Last edited by sh4c4w; 2014-07-24 at 05:02 PM.

Is this a joke? That OS...
    Windows 2.6.2.9200:
    windows NT kernel 6.2 build 9200

sounds like windows 8, newer build so probably 8.1

i7-6700K | Z170 Class. K | 16GB DDR4-3200 | GTX-980ti | Samsung 950 Pro RAID0 | SuperNOVA 1Kw P2 | Lian Li PC-07S
    ROG Swift PG348Q | Ducky DSX | Zowie ZA11 | Xonar Essence One | Tannoy Reveal 402

I agree with Ghazh, the high speed RAM is always both overkill and overpriced, well, almost always. For WoW, it is. The motherboard is also pretty overkill, unless you know how to use it to its fullest potential.

The savings could have garnered an SSD like Ghazh said, and/or a higher level GPU.

Still, good looking system! Would love to see pictures once you have it all setup!
    The mobo is not over kill if you just want to OC and have a good gaming mobo. It doesn`t cost much more then a normal Z97 board.
    it`s a striped Down version of the high-end ROG boards. It`s 100% aimed at games WHO allso wants to be able to do a good OC without to many fancy Things and it has a REALY good on-board sound Card

The RAM are overkill.
    Intel i5 2500K: Asus Masimux IV Extreme: Palit GTX 680 Jetstream: Chieftec Nitro Series 1200W:Corsair H-100 Hydro:
    8Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Mhz CL8: Crucial M4 128Gb+256Gb: Creative Sound Blaster Z: Corsair Obsidian 800D: Plextor PX-880SA

I am lazy so I'll just post a link of my setup I made a while back.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ydLHRB

Quote Originally Posted by sgtaliin View Post
    I am lazy so I'll just post a link of my setup I made a while back.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ydLHRB
    A locked processor on a OC board? What is this nonsense!?
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    A locked processor on a OC board? What is this nonsense!?
    Sorry, was the only CPU available to me at the time. Gonna pick up an upgrade in a couple of months though. Any suggestions?

Just finished my new build this morning...

i7-4770k overclocked to 4.2GHz @ 1.145v with 8GB of Corsair Dominator GT running at 2000MHz @ 1.65v. GPUs are EVGA 660Ti FTW Sig 2 in SLI w/ GTX 770 backplates. I custom made the cables (my first set). It's all housed in a Fractal Design XL R2.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Why not one higher-power GPU and potentially add a twin later?
    Why did you opt to put the drives in the top-sled, instead of in the bottom and remove the top one for more air-flow?

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Why not one higher-power GPU and potentially add a twin later?
    Why did you opt to put the drives in the top-sled, instead of in the bottom and remove the top one for more air-flow?
    I already had the GPUs (and got a great deal on them when I bought them).

I don't like the look of the missing HDD cage in the middle. I toyed with removing both but the empty space looked just as awkward to me. I'm not having any heat issues so it just became an aesthetic decision.

Quote Originally Posted by jmt View Post
    I already had the GPUs (and got a great deal on them when I bought them).

I don't like the look of the missing HDD cage in the middle. I toyed with removing both but the empty space looked just as awkward to me. I'm not having any heat issues so it just became an aesthetic decision.
    Are they your front panel connectors in your lowest vertical grommet?
    If so, or even not, how did you route them from behind your motherboard?

It looks very nice, and front panel connectors are a bane of my existence, all my other cables in my case are minimalist, and then ugly unsleeved front panel cables.
    That might be a way for me to minimise the ugliness. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post

It looks very nice, and front panel connectors are a bane of my existence, all my other cables in my case are minimalist, and then ugly unsleeved front panel cables.
    It looks like a Fractal case, but if it's anything like the Corsair cases the front panel connectors are likely sleeved in groups. I know the two front panels I've had for my 700D and the ones I've used on 650Ds have had dense but loose sleeve (covers everything, but not sleeved tight to the wires). If you tuck it straight under the board and then out a grommet, it looks good.

Just ordered a Crucial MX100, recently picked up a second 3x2GB Corsair kit (stuff your "matched DIMMs", not running at highest spec) and will be changing from CCFL to UV LEDs since these CCFLs are kinda crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Takanasi View Post
    Those empty pill bottles concern me.
    most likely adderall

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    It looks like a Fractal case, but if it's anything like the Corsair cases the front panel connectors are likely sleeved in groups. I know the two front panels I've had for my 700D and the ones I've used on 650Ds have had dense but loose sleeve (covers everything, but not sleeved tight to the wires). If you tuck it straight under the board and then out a grommet, it looks good.

Just ordered a Crucial MX100, recently picked up a second 3x2GB Corsair kit (stuff your "matched DIMMs", not running at highest spec) and will be changing from CCFL to UV LEDs since these CCFLs are kinda crap.

Yeah, it's a Fractal ARC XL, I have a Fractal Midi R2, so it's basically the same layout, his is just a bit larger.
    I can't figure out for the life of me how he put it horizontally behind the board, and it come out so vertically beneath it. There must be some sort of tape.. Or something. You don't happen to have any pictures of the way that you do it at all please?

Yeah, it's a Fractal ARC XL, I have a Fractal Midi R2, so it's basically the same layout, his is just a bit larger.
    I can't figure out for the life of me how he put it horizontally behind the board, and it come out so vertically beneath it. There must be some sort of tape.. Or something. You don't happen to have any pictures of the way that you do it at all please?
    The only one I have to hand is the 700D, and I don't have it done like this.

He has them pulled around the lower two standoffs, and he's using thumbscrews to affix the board to the standoffs so that may be throwing you off:

Quote Originally Posted by pilates View Post
    most likely adderall
    Did you just quote a 4 year old post?

Can't post pictures at the moment because A: I'm at work and B: There's not much to look at, no fancy water cooling, just a black tower case, a couple of monitors and cables everywhere (living in a temporary summer location atm)

CPU: Xeon E3-1231V3, 3.8Ghz
    MB: Asus H97-Plus
    GPU: Asus GTX 770 DCU2
    RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX @1600Mhz
    Case: Antec P190
    PSU: 1200w Antec NeoLink (1x Antec NeoPower 650w + 1x Antec NeoPower 550w)
    CPU Cooler: Raijintek Themis Evo
    SSD: 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus
    Storage HDD's: 2x 750GB Samsung F1, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14
    + a few Antec 140mm case fans

Peripherals:
    Main Monitor: 23" Fujitsu P23T-6 Thor Edition IPS-LED
    2nd Monitor: 24" Acer G245H TN
    Mouse: Steelseries Xai
    Mousepad: QPad EC-R
    Keyboard: Razer Lycosa
    Mic: Samson Go USB Mic
    Sound: Onkyo NR515 Reciever + 2x Jamo S506 Speakers + Sennheiser HD202 Headphones + Soundmagic E30 In-ears (Although currently using some crappy Logitech Z5300 speakers, because temporary location)

The Xeon CPU is basically an i7-4770 without any integrated GPU, runs cooler, has a lower TDP and is possibly better binned, and also ~50€ cheaper. Obviously can't be OC'ed though (other than BCLK OC'ing). During this warm summer weather (room temp ~27C) it maxes out at 39C. So, you know, that's pretty good
    Last edited by Shakadam; 2014-07-28 at 10:09 AM.

They're coming out of the lower vertical grommet, yes. You can see them in picture 4. I hid them under my mobo and only pulled out the connecters (picture 5). The motherboard mounts hold them up from sliding out.

I/O connectors are almost always an issue. I started to do something with them but the blended in with the round SATA cables I used and they're pretty difficult to see.

- - - Updated - - -

No tape. I ran them under the motherboard (on top of the mounts), plugged them into the appropriate connecter, pulled the slack out and stacked them, then zip-tied the group behind the panel.

Here's a picture of the cable side.

And while it doesn't make a huge difference, the case is an XL R2 (Define).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    The only one I have to hand is the 700D, and I don't have it done like this.

He has them pulled around the lower two standoffs, and he's using thumbscrews to affix the board to the standoffs so that may be throwing you off:
    Yup. nicely done with the picture.