Let me literally paint you a picture.

The black dot is the motherboard standoff behind the motherboard. The red line is the cable behind the motherboard. If you would now try tugging the cable (red line) from either end the motherboard standoff (black dot) would stop it sliding away.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    WoW has been a CPU-bound game for much of its lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post

The black dot is the motherboard standoff behind the motherboard. The red line is the cable behind the motherboard. If you would now try tugging the cable (red line) from either end the motherboard standoff (black dot) would stop it sliding away.
    Thank you, but I understand now... I was just wondering what he meant by "on top of" the motherboard stand offs.
    Thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Thank you, but I understand now... I was just wondering what he meant by "on top of" the motherboard stand offs.
    Thanks though.
    It's on top of the motherboard standoff... I don't understand.

This is exactly what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by M0cha View Post
    It's on top of the motherboard standoff... I don't understand.
    Well if cables were on top of the motherboard stand offs.. They would be squished by the motherboard when it is screwed in to the stand offs.. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    Just ordered a Crucial MX100
    F@#king Scan.co.uk. Every time I order from them, there's a problem. The stock suddenly disappears, or they send me the wrong item, or it's been used. I shouldn't let it get to me, but I try them maybe once a year since I have free shipping from them and without exception there's been *something* they manage to screw up. Would love to be able to just order my stuff and then get it, but noooooo.

Meanwhile, in America with Amazon and NewEgg and NCIX and TigerDirect and virtually no problems with either of them.

Meanwhile, in America with Amazon and NewEgg and NCIX and TigerDirect and virtually no problems with either of them.
    until you want to order some Chinese knockoff phones, then DHS will cancel your order for you at customs :P

i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | RV05
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    until you want to order some Chinese knockoff phones, then DHS will cancel your order for you at customs :P
    They didn't take my precious Poker II away, and that's all that matters.

Does anyone happen to know of a non-RAID PCI-E SATA3 controller that doesn't suck ass, but doesn't cost the earth? Everything seems to use the shitty Marvel 9128 controller.

Does anyone happen to know of a non-RAID PCI-E SATA3 controller that doesn't suck ass, but doesn't cost the earth? Everything seems to use the shitty Marvel 9128 controller.
    Syba SY-PEX40039 - $15 @ NewEgg

It uses the Asmedia 1061 controller, which is definitely an improvement over the Marvell. It's still limited to x1 2.0, however.

Decided to clean my computer desk and hauled out my tower from it's prison. Little dusty...

You could argue you've made your own filters of dust.
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k (4.5GHz) MB: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth (uefi 2003)
    GPU: Asus 280X TOP (1130MHz/1750MHz) RAM: Corsair LP/LV white 8GB 1600MHz
    SSD: Samsung 840Pro 256GB + Crucial m4 128GB (040H) PSU: Seasonic 620M CASE: Corsair 500R (White/Black) Monitor: 1440p BenQ GW2765HT 1080p LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! ||Old Build || Bitdefender Total Security 2015 || AV-TEST 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Velky View Post
    Decided to clean my computer desk and hauled out my tower from it's prison. Little dusty...
    I found a spider in mine when I went to clean it. ;_;

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Good guy spider-bro, ate all your spiders.

In seriousness, I like dust filters a lot, but I should probably clean mine out as well. My new place is more dusty. I could not upload pictures of it looking like it does.

Yeah, sadly there doesn't seem to be much in the way of decent SATA3 cards that outperform the ICH10R chipset in any worthwhile way. Seq. Reads might be higher on any SATA3, but the randoms just suck compared to Intel's SATA2. I'll just hold off until my next motherboard upgrade I think. This Gigabyte X58A-UD3R has been a fantastic board otherwise.

I once found a dead mouse in a PC I was repairing(12 years ago or so). Wasn't a pet or anything; poor thing had just gotten in through a hole and gotten stuck inside.

I once found a dead mouse in a PC I was repairing(12 years ago or so). Wasn't a pet or anything; poor thing had just gotten in through a hole and gotten stuck inside.
    I don't even want to think, how the apartment the owner was living in, looked like. I mean, the smell of a dead mouse isn't exactly subtle.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    WoW has been a CPU-bound game for much of its lifetime.

My latest setup:

CPU: AMD FX-8350 8-Core 4.0 Ghz
    RAM: 24 GB
    GFX: AMD Radeon HD7950 3GB
    Keyboard: Logitech G15 Refresh
    Mouse: Logitech G700
    Monitor: Hewlett Packard L2405wg (1920 x 1200)
    Samsung 256GB SSD as primary disc
    Silence doesn't mean acceptance.
    Sometimes you have just no desire to discuss with idiots

Personality: INTJ

I don't even want to think, how the apartment the owner was living in, looked like. I mean, the smell of a dead mouse isn't exactly subtle.
    It hadn't been dead for long, honestly (I didn't exactly do an autopsy, but it didn't seem to have decayed when I pulled it out with a plastic bag over my hand), and it was a PC used in a work environment iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    They are the same studio monitors as I have.

The Presonus Eris E5s, he came to me asking about buying them, after a while, he got them, he's pretty happy from what I can tell.

PIC

Wow, just realized how out-of-date this picture is... I'll have to get a new picture soon!
    im always laughing when I see a keyboard with light. do cellair-kids really need them? lolol