Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Nice there tiel, come on don't be shy with the overclock . Did you check how that pentium plays yet?
    I'm being shy until I get a new PSU(got a $20 newegg gift card to help with that) as I don't to mess with the voltage until then, so it's at 3.8 until further notice.

Besides, it runs my favorite game(World of Tanks) at buttery-smooth 60fps at mostly medium settings whereas I was at bare-minimum settings and frequently dropped below 20 when the shit hit the fan with the Athlon. Makes it a hell of alot easier to derp people in the face with a big ol howitzer with steady framerate too

Gonna get around to installing some other games to give it kick in the pants and see how it does eventually.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Deleted
    ouch thats a lot of dust, why not find a way to make that rear fan a intake somewhere, you have a lot more outtake fans then intakes largely with the psu fanside contributing to the negative pressure, but ye that cpu from the performance it gives when OC is pretty snazzy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4pw...EQCsiIkq36PyUA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUlS...EQCsiIkq36PyUA

holds its ground when paired with a 750ti, which is prob the best budget build combo you can get imo.

Though the settings used are prob in the full review link in there.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    oOOooooOOOOOoooOOOOO clean blue glowy setup!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    HAF
    i7 3550k @4.0
    8gig of 1600 ram
    780 gtx SLI
    Antec 900 HCG
    2 Yamakasi catleaps, 1 @100mhz

Can't find a picture of my desk I took down besides this one. I really never noticed how slanted it was lol.

Door, before finishing.

After some sanding, and stain along with a sealant.

Empty new desktop.

Setup.

Under the desktop.

Final setup, before finding desktop images that fit the 1440x2560 resolution.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RAgamanos View Post

That is incredibly sexy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loyrl View Post
    HAF
    i7 3550k @4.0
    8gig of 1600 ram
    780 gtx SLI
    Antec 900 HCG
    2 Yamakasi catleaps, 1 @100mhz
    I dig the desk and the fact that it is DIY but is that held up by sawhorses? lol. Other than that nice setup the finish you put on make sit look smexy
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

moar parts!

10x Corsair sp120 quiet edition
    1x Noctua nf-a14 industrial edition
    12x primochill ghost compression fittings
    12x 24" primochill acrylic tubing
    swiftech apogee XL cpu block
    xspc ex140 radiator
    noctua nt-h1 paste

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, yeah sawhorses. I didn't trust the legs I could find at Ikea to hold a solid core door, with 2 27" monitors, my tower, and whatever other junk I can stuff on to it. I also got on the desk to put those monitors on the stand, so it had to hold my weight too. They also sit at a pretty good height for me.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Haha, yeah sawhorses. I didn't trust the legs I could find at Ikea to hold a solid core door, with 2 27" monitors, my tower, and whatever other junk I can stuff on to it. I also got on the desk to put those monitors on the stand, so it had to hold my weight too. They also sit at a pretty good height for me.
    Make some legs for yourself. I built my own desk as well, but laminated plywood (drafting table thickness) and built boxed legs with reinforcements. The solid core door itself will actually make the desk quite stiff, so you might not need as much support with the legs as you may think.

ANYWAY! My setup is the same as when I posted ages ago. Lame. Though, with the new nvidia cards, I might actually be doing a small upgrade from my GTX 670!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

You could always use the board technique like all that prefab furniture rather than trying to anchor an actual table leg, seems more DIY friendly to me. Building a table myself, actually been planning it for so long I feel like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adyC404_gEk

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile at Noctua HQ...

Manager: It's been 4 years since D14, I expect R&D have made some fantastic progress?
    Engineer: WE MADE IT FUCKING BIGGER
    Manager: Brilliant!

Decent temps, silent as expected.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Meanwhile at Noctua HQ...

Manager: It's been 4 years since D14, I expect R&D have made some fantastic progress?
    Engineer: WE MADE IT FUCKING BIGGER
    Manager: Brilliant!
    Got the same pic with the old one for scale? ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Got the same pic with the old one for scale? ;-)
    Oh I never had D14, was just joking :P this is my first Noctua product (ever).
    The D15 replaced my Corsair H100. It was nearly 2 years old and the pump was starting to make odd noises, I'm not even interested in RMA'ing it because I'm not interested in that kind of cooling any more. H100 served me really well, but it didn't give me peace of mind if that makes sense : /

I hope to keep D15 for MANY years to come through CPU upgrades.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2014-09-20 at 09:20 AM.

Fewer parts to break, if nothing else!
    I'm genuinely surprised that the D14 could be improved upon. Not that I did not expect it as time has moved forward, but if someone told me that they'd build a significantly better one when I bought mine, what, four years ago?, I'd have laughed them silly.

Were you using flash in the pictures? I'm a bit dissatisfied with the colours, hm. Looks like you've got a winning "base-platform" for many years to come, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not significantly better tbh.. Only thing it improves upon is pretty much the RAM compatibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Were you using flash in the pictures? I'm a bit dissatisfied with the colours, hm. Looks like you've got a winning "base-platform" for many years to come, though.
    Galaxy S4 camera lol, I'm terrible at photos anyway : /

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    It's not significantly better tbh.. Only thing it improves upon is pretty much the RAM compatibility.
    Yup the performance improvement seems quite small according to benches. Approximately equates to how much they have increased the surface area by...

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    The D15 replaced my Corsair H100. It was nearly 2 years old and the pump was starting to make odd noises, I'm not even interested in RMA'ing it because I'm not interested in that kind of cooling any more. H100 served me really well, but it didn't give me peace of mind if that makes sense : /
    Weird. I've had the H70 (single 120mm rad, thicker than H50, with two fans) for four years, running 24/7 in a secondary machine. Not a single issue with it, ever.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    Weird. I've had the H70 (single 120mm rad, thicker than H50, with two fans) for four years, running 24/7 in a secondary machine. Not a single issue with it, ever.
    How is this weird? When will people realize that their product not failing does not equal to other product not failing. Even between exactly the same models there's a defect rate. Nothing can be manufactured to work perfectly 100% of the time. If you have 98% of a said item working and 2% defect rate that means that out of 100 products 2 are going to fail. I wouldn't call it weird, just math.