Deleted
    I use them as push. And yeah thats what i did, i used those long screws that came with h100i going through those double rubber supports. What i used additionally was rubber o-rings on screws between the radiator and top case. Will post a couple photo's tomorrow morning cause atm i about to go out watch Mad Max

edit: ok phone photo

Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2015-05-19 at 09:15 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    I use them as push. And yeah thats what i did, i used those long screws that came with h100i going through those double rubber supports. What i used additionally was rubber o-rings on screws between the radiator and top case. Will post a couple photo's tomorrow morning cause atm i about to go out watch Mad Max
    Ah, I see. Well I actually use my fans in pull so it was just one long screw going through the case, then the fan, into the radiator. I put orientated the fans wrong the first time not thinking right and had to do it all over again. My poor fingers were sore lol.

While not being quite as effective as the stock fans, they are certainly much more quiet.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

So I've got an update after a long while..

I bought myself a MSI GT72 Dominator, while it wasn't cheap it was well worth it.. So lets get into it:

Specs:

17.3" FHD LED Backlit screen
    i7 4710HQ
    8gb DDR3 1600mhz ram
    1tb 7200rpm hdd
    GTX 970m
    Steelseries backlit keyboard.

Photos:

That's the only one I have for now but will take some more and update this post.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    It's quite amazing to see this forum is still so active with the same people I know from 4 years ago

I did away with this old piece of crap here:

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post

I could make a picture of my case but tbh, right now you can't really see anything on that.

The keyboard is temporary, i've just run out of money for this month

And got myself an X99 chipset and i7 5820k CPU. Because.. well.. this:

Dem logical cores

OC'd it slightly to 4GHz, will probably work on that more later but I didn't want to spend a lot of time on it today.

P.S. Yeah I just spend 1,5h finding that post because I'm waiting for a download on a completely cleaned out system. And I got nostalgic
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2015-05-30 at 10:07 PM.

I'm toying with the idea of X99 and a 5820K too

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, I got a new monitor today, behold the overcompensation!

Late 2012 Mac Mini

I know... Its Sad...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I'm toying with the idea of X99 and a 5820K too
    I really love it so far, the 2 extra cores (on top of the fact that the haswell chip is faster per tick already) are seriously helping me out.
    I wasn't able to play GTA V, run chrome at 3+ tabs and watch a livestream at 1080p in one of them before without experiencing serious hiccups in the game.

Nor was I able to stream 1080p myself without feeling the impact just enough for it to be annoying.

Now it laughs at that with a bunch of applications running in the back alongside. With quite some power to spare.

The drawback is that halfway good motherboards start at $250 and you need DDR4, which doesn't come cheaply either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    So, I got a new monitor today, behold the overcompensation!

Is it 4k? Because that would be seriously cool.

If it's not I have to be honest and say I still don't like the idea of huge 1080/1440p monitors.. over 27' is just too pixely :/

Not to say it's not still a beastly thing to see on a photo
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2015-05-30 at 10:05 PM.

Deleted
    Thats an ultra wide 21:9 3440x1440, different experience from the 16:9 4 k offers, you need to actually use one to understand the different experience it offers in applications and games.

Granted 21:9 are 'large' by default due to the aspect ratio.

Also keen for 5820 k as well, though unsure if more cores or skylakes slightly better IPC and clockspeeds for its I7 model would be better for most of what I do at the moment in the future and ye, as you say the motherboards and DDR4 is just meh, I have no reason the throw away the DDR3 ram when theres been no performance improvement at all which just stings of snakeoil.

I really love it so far, the 2 extra cores (on top of the fact that the haswell chip is faster per tick already) are seriously helping me out.
    I wasn't able to play GTA V, run chrome at 3+ tabs and watch a livestream at 1080p in one of them before without experiencing serious hiccups in the game.

Nor was I able to stream 1080p myself without feeling the impact just enough for it to be annoying.
    Yeah, I'd be going up from 4 threads to 12, plus the IPC increase from SB to Haswell-E.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Now it laughs at that with a bunch of applications running in the back alongside. With quite some power to spare.

The drawback is that halfway good motherboards start at $250 and you need DDR4, which doesn't come cheaply either.

Is it 4k? Because that would be seriously cool.

If it's not I have to be honest and say I still don't like the idea of huge 1080/1440p monitors.. over 27' is just too pixely :/

Not to say it's not still a beastly thing to see on a photo
    It is a 21:9 1440p monitor, the LG 34UM95. It comes with a Display Port cable so I am getting the full 60Hz refresh rate out of it, HDMI only gives you 50Hz. I don't see an issue with pixel problems either, even running games like Far Cry 3 at maximum resolution and full ultra settings, there isn't any issues other than frame rates being a bit unstable on my R9 290. One of the advantages that really appealed to me with this monitor is the ability to split the screen up to 4 times, which is great for productivity if I want to run a game at 1920x1080 or have multiple frames on the same screen, it saves minimizing applications and alt tabbing all the time.

I felt like it wasn't worth buying a 4K screen even though the Samsung one was a third of the price (on sale for $499 CAD this weekend, I paid $899 CAD for the LG, $400 off the regular price), it is a TN panel and doesn't have nearly as nice of features, not to mention 4K would probably kill my card unless I reduced the settings in most of my games as well. Also, another point is that a large scale 4K monitor would have cost me about double what I paid, and I need something that will be capable of being used in a small apartment as a TV soon.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2015-05-30 at 11:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    It is a 21:9 1440p monitor, the LG 34UM95. It comes with a Display Port cable so I am getting the full 60Hz refresh rate out of it, HDMI only gives you 50Hz. I don't see an issue with pixel problems either, even running games like Far Cry 3 at maximum resolution and full ultra settings, there isn't any issues other than frame rates being a bit unstable on my R9 290. One of the advantages that really appealed to me with this monitor is the ability to split the screen up to 4 times, which is great for productivity if I want to run a game at 1920x1080 or have multiple frames on the same screen, it saves minimizing applications and alt tabbing all the time.

I felt like it wasn't worth buying a 4K screen even though the Samsung one was a third of the price (on sale for $499 CAD this weekend, I paid $899 CAD for the LG, $400 off the regular price), it is a TN panel and doesn't have nearly as nice of features, not to mention 4K would probably kill my card unless I reduced the settings in most of my games as well. Also, another point is that a large scale 4K monitor would have cost me about double what I paid, and I need something that will be capable of being used in a small apartment as a TV soon.
    Each to their own, from the distance you sit at it doesn't really matter anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    Thats an ultra wide 21:9 3440x1440, different experience from the 16:9 4 k offers, you need to actually use one to understand the different experience it offers in applications and games.

Granted 21:9 are 'large' by default due to the aspect ratio.

Also keen for 5820 k as well, though unsure if more cores or skylakes slightly better IPC and clockspeeds for its I7 model would be better for most of what I do at the moment in the future and ye, as you say the motherboards and DDR4 is just meh, I have no reason the throw away the DDR3 ram when theres been no performance improvement at all which just stings of snakeoil.
    If you're just gaming, and not livestreaming or rendering/folding anything of the sorts then an i7 like this is completely overkill and unnecessary right now.
    If you do like to multitask and run CPU heavy applications at the same time it's a godsent though.

Like hell, GTA V doesn't use up more than 23% of my CPU power ever. Lol.
    I tried livestreaming with NVEC earlier, and it was horrible. Then I turned it back to regular CPU x264 encoding and it literally didn't even give 2 s**ts

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad to see many 21:9 monitors It's an awesome experience! Very hard to go back from..

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Each to their own, from the distance you sit at it doesn't really matter anyway

If you're just gaming, and not livestreaming or rendering/folding anything of the sorts then an i7 like this is completely overkill and unnecessary right now.
    If you do like to multitask and run CPU heavy applications at the same time it's a godsent though.

Like hell, GTA V doesn't use up more than 23% of my CPU power ever. Lol.
    I tried livestreaming with NVEC earlier, and it was horrible. Then I turned it back to regular CPU x264 encoding and it literally didn't even give 2 s**ts
    I sit pretty far back which does help a lot. I think the biggest complaint I can actually make is that the monitor stand is not that great in terms of giving the monitor stability, which with my desk means it can get wobbled easily and it can bob up and down due to the way the stand is designed, but I would pretty much have to get a wall mounted arm if I wanted to use the VESA mount and it would have to have a lot of flexibility because the connectors are right underneath the bolt holes.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Glad to see many 21:9 monitors It's an awesome experience! Very hard to go back from..
    Personally I have to have the curved one, no lie.

It's amazing. You have to sit in front of it to get it!

But yeah... 21:9 is the new sheriff in town!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Personally I have to have the curved one, no lie.

It's amazing. You have to sit in front of it to get it!

But yeah... 21:9 is the new sheriff in town!
    Hopefully it takes off instead of 4k. It makes more sense with pretty much any video media. I would love movies using that aspect ratio.
    :::: Intel 10900k w/ Corsair H100i
    :::: ASUS Maximus XII Formula
    :::: 64GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3600mhz DDR4
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Pop!_OS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lloose View Post
    Hopefully it takes off instead of 4k. It makes more sense with pretty much any video media. I would love movies using that aspect ratio.
    Current movies are recorded and displayed in 21:9 ratio in movie theaters actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Current movies are recorded and displayed in 21:9 ratio in movie theaters actually.
    Actually in 2:39:1 and 21/9 is the closest to it.
    3930K@NH-U12s | Asus R4E | 16GB (4x4GB 1600MHz) Dominator Platinum | 2x Asus gtx 780 DC2OC SLI | Evga Supernova 1000 P2 | S27A750D

Deleted
    Yep, if people have 21:9 monitors and have netflix, theres a extension that allows you to fullscreen the damn thing since netflix considers the browser it self being fullscreen rather then the movie.

But watching movies at 21:9 is amazing, for anime I do stretch those out to 21:9 and gonna be honest, it looks nicer and does not look horrible, if anything just nice to watch.

However 21:9 is an acquired taste still, lot of people still can't get away from 16:9 but I will never go back to it unless this monitor breaks and have to use my old 22 inch 16:9 screen until a new 21:9 screen arrives .

Deleted
    I decided for the 16:9 1440p, instead of 21:9 1080p. 1440p offers more work space etc.
    Those 3440 x 1440 screens look nice, but I don't have the money to upgrade to one of those anytime soon

Talking about upgrades. I came across a very nice deal for a 290x. A club3D 290x RoyalAce for 300 euro's (290x cost around 350-375 around that time and 970s started at 360 euro). Quite happy with the card, backplate looks nice too. It does become a bit noisy above 50-60% fanspeed, but temps stay in a good range (below 75 degrees and VRMs as well). Gaming performance is awesome TW3 with just about everything on ultra hoovers nicely around the 50-55 FPS

Maybe later I will add a pic, if I can be bothered