Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    The first Pepsi and Dew Throwbacks were the original formulas, as far as I could tell. The current ones are just the current formulas with real sugar and not corn syrup. Dublin Dr Pepper is the original Dr Pepper, with Imperial Cane Sugar and all. And yes, I can tell the difference on all of those.
    Proper cola tastes much richer than the bottled stuff we get in the supermarket here in the UK. You can tell the difference. I'm a funny sort though. Bottle cola has to be room temp, tastes bland when it's been chilled, whereas pepsi tastes better chilled. Real cola tastes good either way but so much better chilled. I can only imagine what true original formula Cola and Dr Pepper tastes like.

On topic, i'll be showing you guys around my new case in video format once this is rendered and uploaded (will be sometime while i'm sleeping). Also, having an After Effects cache on my SSD RAID is absolute drool material. It's near enough instant and perfect for the task. Admittedly, i still have to avoid any disk-previewing when i run a RAM preview (the blue part on a RAM preview is disk cached content for that specific preview), but when it comes to editing it's just so fluid. Nearly unbelievable if i'm honest.
    Last edited by Synthaxx; 2011-07-30 at 01:23 AM.
    Coder, Gamer - IOCube | #Error418MasterRace #ScottBrokeIt
    Knows: Node.js, JS + JQuery, HTML + CSS, Object Pascal, PHP, WQL/SQL

PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX780 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

Proper cola tastes much richer than the bottled stuff
    Chances are I wouldn't like *real* Dr. Pepper either then. =/

I don't consume much sugar these days, or sweets. In fact, stuff that's too sweet actually makes me ill.
    Statism: Total bliss is just one more regulation away.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    I do consume a lot of sugar, but OTOH, I try to gain weight. Which is a damned hard thing to do with an active lifestyle. >.> After overeating every day for two weeks last month, I actually lost weight ._. FML

EDIT - but my point was to say, that I dislike the DR. Pepper we have in Swedia (taste like liquid almonds :P), I have only tried US-imported Dew once (tasted like softly flavoured water).
    I do like Fanta, Fanta Exotic and Sprite when it comes to soda, though. And starting to like 'Coke' again, after taking a 7-year break (I over-indulged on them previously).

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    I do consume a lot of sugar, but OTOH, I try to gain weight. Which is a damned hard thing to do with an active lifestyle. >.> After overeating every day for two weeks last month, I actually lost weight ._. FML
    Heh, I consume a ridicilous amount of sugar from several sources, and I now weigh 45kilos.
    (That's like, 15 kilos in two years, yay for me!)
    Also, Dr. pepper tastes like crap, yeah, I said it, tastes HORRIBLE.
    But I know what subjectivity is and I respect the fact that you like the drink, and if I was in charge, I'd continue to get them made.
    Last edited by Hmmster; 2011-07-30 at 02:00 AM.
    I'm a Communist. Take this information as you please. I'm always up for debates in PM!

Well... if you're active... sugar isn't how you are suppose to gain weight. lol.

Try protein.

EDIT - but my point was to say, that I dislike the DR. Pepper we have in Swedia (taste like liquid almonds :P), I have only tried US-imported Dew once (tasted like softly flavoured water).
    I do like Fanta, Fanta Exotic and Sprite when it comes to soda, though. And starting to like 'Coke' again, after taking a 7-year break (I over-indulged on them previously).
    Liquid Almonds..... that's a new one!

Most people that dislike it here say it tastes like Prune Juice. Now i've had prune juice and can safely call anyone who says that as being on crack. If you don't like it fine, but prune juice?! The hell. I for example do not like Coke. I can drink it, but it leaves a weird after taste in my mouth, like many diet sodas do. As for Fanta, I actually prefer Minute Maid or Sunkist for the Fruity Sodas, like Strawberry, Orange, etc. Sunkist btw, is awesome for orange soda, the only one I know of that puts caffeine in it.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

I have to agree... Dr. Pepper tastes horrible. I <3 Orange and Grape soda But my favorite of all is root beer!

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    I have to agree... Dr. Pepper tastes horrible. I <3 Orange and Grape soda
    U just jelly of my Rainbow Ice Tea, it's better than anythign else.
    I'm a Communist. Take this information as you please. I'm always up for debates in PM!

Honestly, I like alot of soda flavors. Dr Pepper, Mt Dew(most of the different flavors even), Pepsi, Minute Maid and Sunkist Orange/Grape/Strawberry, Mello Yello, Sprite, Bawls, Root Beer, Most Jones Sodas Flavors. But if I could only have one, it would probably be Dr Pepper. Sunkist Orange would be a close second though.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmmster View Post
    Heh, I consume a ridicilous amount of sugar from several sources, and I now weigh 45kilos.
    (That's like, 15 kilos in two years, yay for me!)
    Also, Dr. pepper tastes like crap, yeah, I said it, tastes HORRIBLE.
    But I know what subjectivity is and I respect the fact that you like the drink, and if I was in charge, I'd continue to get them made.

Also, since this is now a chatting thread, does anyone know when Dx12 would come out, so I can stop being paranoid that it launches the day after I would buy a new graphics card? (It will, I swear it will! >: )
    DX12, I've seen nothing about yet. DX11 hasn't had a major punch in the market yet, ie, games are only adding it as an afterthought. Like 3d in the cinema.

But I weigh 63kg now. (Because I managed to go up 4kg \o/ ).

You is tiny. I actually need to go the opposite weightwise. Not having had a job for 7 months so far, and not riding my bike uphill to get to said job, has made me a bit big again.

DX12, I've seen nothing about yet. DX11 hasn't had a major punch in the market yet, ie, games are only adding it as an afterthought. Like 3d in the cinema.

But I weigh 63kg now. (Because I managed to go up 4kg \o/ ).
    I weigh... 72kg. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmmster View Post
    U just jelly of my Rainbow Ice Tea, it's better than anythign else.
    I just jelly over your Rainbow Ice Tea Can I has some?

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I weigh... 72kg. ._.
    Well, you're a north American. Imagine if you lived just south of the border, then? +15kg right there.

What I do dislike though, is that stores and whatnot make us a sub-American culture, almost everything is imported American products these days. McDonalds? Tastes like crap compared to our native chains, but people still go there. Oreos? Ew.
    Worst thing is, the more we get here, the more I want what hasn't come here yet.
    As I did with twinkies(?), until a friend went over there and brought two home. It tastes... ordinary? ._. Stupid american tv-shows.

Well, you're a north American. Imagine if you lived just south of the border, then? +15kg right there.

What I do dislike though, is that stores and whatnot make us a sub-American culture, almost everything is imported American products these days. McDonalds? Tastes like crap compared to our native chains, but people still go there. Oreos? Ew.
    Worst thing is, the more we get here, the more I want what hasn't come here yet.
    As I did with twinkies(?), until a friend went over there and brought two home. It tastes... ordinary? ._. Stupid american tv-shows.
    Ahhh, but those twinkies will survive a nuclear holocaust! (Just a rumor btw, don't test it, might be bad for your health)

And McDonalds IS crap compared to "good" fast food places here. In-n-out to name one. I personally like WEndys and Jack in the Box, but In-n-Out is just mmm. Greasy as crap though.

Dr. Pepper is AMAZING.

I don't understand the haters.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

People have different likes and dislikes. No problems there, until they try to mock you for liking it, or saying you drink prune juice.

In regards to Dr. Pepper, I drink an unhealthy amount. In regards to weight, I sit around all day and weigh about 59.1 kg so >.<

oh boy computer nerds posting weights!

I weigh like 260 LBs and am 6'2". ;p

WOULD YOU LIKE MY SSN too?
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    oh boy computer nerds posting weights!

I weigh like 260 LBs and am 6'2". ;p

WOULD YOU LIKE MY SSN too?
    *Squeal* Please!