I wonder if I'm a regular. *Chinscratch* /trollface

I demand an answer to my new thread. D:

Do that, and maybe I'll consider you a regular. /trollface
    /random

a little update on my build.
    i finaly got a mail from the shop, saying that my h100 hydro has been send and should be by my house monday.

so monday i can finaly begin OCìng my cpu and see what the new h100 can do.

so now i have all the parts except new GFX cards. the once i want is all out of stock untill september. so i will have to wait for new cards untill then.
    Intel i5 2500K: Asus Masimux IV Extreme: Palit GTX 680 Jetstream: Chieftec Nitro Series 1200W:Corsair H-100 Hydro:
    8Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Mhz CL8: Crucial M4 128Gb+256Gb: Creative Sound Blaster Z: Corsair Obsidian 800D: Plextor PX-880SA

So.. anyone going to create an off-topic thread here soon? :P Or will we just derail this further? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    So.. anyone going to create an off-topic thread here soon? :P Or will we just derail this further? ^^
    Talking to the mods about it atm. x3

This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Wtb more people with the Define XL, so I can judge if I should get one for my main server..!
    Node 304 | i7 3770 | H77N WIFI | 2x4GiB HyperX 1600 | 2x512GB MX100 | MSI GTX970 4GiB | U2711 | 6GV2 | Naga Hex Wrath | Yamaha RX-V550 | Win8.1 Pro
    15" Retina MBP | i7 4960HQ | 16GiB 1600 | 512GB PCIe SSD | IRIS Pro + GT750M | G700S | OSX 10.10

Today is a sad sad day No more Battlefield 3 Alpha after today
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING in SLI | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Wtb more people with the Define XL, so I can judge if I should get one for my main server..!
    Well I *had* one... but it arrived broken. So you'll have to wait till the replacement arrives (or someone else to post theirs )

Titan
    Ok, we went through like 8 pages while i was in my 10 hour slumber (thankyou insomnia the past 3 nights -_-).

Also, my video finished uploading. However, i woke up this .... erm, afternoon actually, to find my system booted into my old install that's on my Vertex drive. Seems that somehow one of the SSD's hadn't been recognised while the new install was running and thus BSOD followed by autoboot into the old install. Reconnected the cables to make sure and recognised instantly. No data loss either. Now, i just had another F4 BSOD, so i'll be switching the cables over soon just to be on the safe side. Really hoping it's not a drive failing already though, only had them 3 days.

Boottime CHKDSK hanging is frustrating, but i imagine that might be an issue with RAID setups. Booting to my VERTEX install and it ran properly without any freeze during the countdown.

I had been running the RAM at 2133Mhz at 1.75V, so i've backed that down to 1866Mhz at 1.65V just because it was excessive and it's not worth the risk.

Anyway, the video. Bear in mind this was filmed at ~11pm last night on only 4 hours sleep the previous 2 nights, so excuse the sighing and any mistakes i made. Annotations recommended. You can get an idea of just how much space is left even with my rig installed in it. Even with this setup, i've still got 4 dedicated HDD bays spare and a lot of room. Cable management could be better, but i'm happy enough with it.

Future plans
    I'm planning on switching the fan controller to 2 different ones that use sliders instead of dials or touchscreen. Moreover, they have a mesh design so they'll really fit in with the front of the case too. Only reason for 2 of them is because of the fans i've got now and each controller only having 5 channels. It's fairly quiet when you consider that, but not quiet enough. Also gonna change those 240 rad fans to GT's as well, and switch the other 120mm fans to FractalDesign ones, simply because the others are just for low airflow rather than performance. I'll also probably buy some longer rad screws and more washers or springs and mount that bottom rad even further above the base. An additional 120mm rad in the back will help out too, because even though ambient is like 29c, hitting 72c peak on the CPU (4.8Ghz, 1.45V) while rendering still isn't low enough.
    [...]

Syn, I liked the video - was nicely done considering the lack of sleep. PLUS now that I have heard your accent, reading all of your posts in that accent is making my day THAT much better.

Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    In-n-outs the one you have to try for *real* american fast food. There's a few other places here and there that make food about the same way, but In-n-out is just very well known. I've shipped to Norway before, so it would be bleah by the time it got to you.
    This, because of In-n-out i never go to any other fast food place

The bad part about In-n-out is they don't exist everywhere. None here in Colorado, but there's a place nearby that makes food just like them.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

...ever have that moment, working with a/your rig, when you realize you might just have too much disposable income?

Nope, never.
    But then again, my income is close to nonexistant.
    I'm a Communist. Take this information as you please. I'm always up for debates in PM!

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Just got mine, and I can say for sure it's Huuuuuuuge and heavy. But looks neat.

Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    ...ever have that moment, working with a/your rig, when you realize you might just have too much disposable income?
    Every now and again. I just cruise through life with few cares though

Anyway, about to order in the new rad and fan controllers. Not bothering with any more Scythe GT's this month, more because if i can run 1 fan controller for rads and another for case fans, i can set them low enough to not be able to hear it while maintaining suitable airflow. I kinda wish there was a 10-channel version, but i suppose we can't have everything. I probably will be moving every 120mm fan to a GT next month.

And the controllers i've chosen match the design of the new case perfectly. I never was a fan of LCD displays on the front of cases, but i also despise having the traditional style with the controllers stuck out the front of the mounting itself. I also don't want audible warning or loads of silly lights. I just want to control my fans. As such, the ones i've found are just perfect.

Tonight though, since i'm only running 4 drives, i've put them all in one mounting cage. The other one, i've reversed and made it so the fan is an intake. The HDD's are up top while the empty cage is below. In this way, i'm providing a constant flow of cool air to the bottom rad. It's a little weird to mount it back to front with the fan on the inside, but it works wonderfully. Essentially, the air doesn't travel over anything before it reaches that rad.

Seriously, this case is just perfect. No gimmics or frustrations, it just works. The wheels alone made it worth purchasing because a floor mounted case means more space in my room, and much easier to work with.
    [...]

The Patient
    System I just built for my girlfriend to play wow with.

Case: Corsair 600T White Special Edition
    CPU: I5 2500K
    Mobo: Asus P8P67
    Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB
    GPU: EVGA GTX 580
    Cooling: CoolerMaster Hyper 212+
    PSU: Corsair Modular HX650

That's pretty overkill for WoW, don't you think? o_O
    Also, this thread has been boringly quiet today.
    I'm a Communist. Take this information as you please. I'm always up for debates in PM!

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmmster View Post
    That's pretty overkill for WoW, don't you think? o_O
    Also, this thread has been boringly quiet today.
    Meh. Overkill is sitting next to that with the triple sli 580s
    Last edited by zeq; 2011-07-31 at 02:17 AM.