Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    And that has to be the worst analogy I ever heard.
    Also this
    It would be more like getting a Ferrari and going has fast has you can on a closed course for hours

Worse, ferrari are bought complete. 99% of the frequenting users here have built their own machine, so it's more like buying three cars and salvaging them all into one.

Quote Originally Posted by dotOrion View Post
    Keyboard Logitech G11
    Mouse Razer Imperator
    Headset Steelseries 4H (not visible in pic)
    Monitor Samsung SyncMaster (can't remember the model nr .. it's a 24")

Case Cooler Master CM690II Basic
    Cooling Scythe Mugen 2 rev B

Rest: see sig

Already posted the outside once, here's the inside ..

Yea, first time I put one together, so the cable management isn't all that, yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Worse, ferrari are bought complete. 99% of the frequenting users here have built their own machine, so it's more like buying three cars and salvaging them all into one.
    I'd say that it's like making an exotic fruit salad. You scout around markets to find the best fruit, while at the same time making sure that they will all mix nicely together. You then carefully slice and dice your fruit and mix them all into a delicious salad that will make your taste buds melt. Only difference is that the fruit salad doesn't last 2-4 years.

Deleted
    Mod Warning: OK guys, lets get back on-topic! @Asrialol , if you don't like it, there's no need to offend others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Some posts in this thread is pretty similar as to buy a Ferrari to drive 5 min to the store - overkill on performance. Makes me giggle. I usually game on a laptop. Why spend money just to make games look a bit more pretty.
    Because a laptop - let's be honest here - is absolutely horrible to play with. I have played WoW with a lappy and when comparing it to my desktop (not only in terms of graphical quality) I bet you that 22"-27" (I use 24" @ 1920x1200) monitor, REAL keyboard and gaming mouse accompanied with decent speakers just beats any laptop so hard it's unbelievable.

It's not that I wouldn't play with a laptop if I was on the go, but I can't see myself playing with a laptop if I have real hardware around.

Oh and I use my computer for other things as well. The laptop keyboard (even the best ones, mostly business laptops) are not really comfortable in comparison. Sure you can plug a real keyboard into a lappy but, what's the point of having a laptop then? If I were to buy a laptop, I'd get one aimed at businesses due to better physical durability and comfort (they mostly do not look like toys either). Those laptops usually come with integrated Intel/nvidia quatro chip and are not meant for gaming at all.

Desktop computer <3
    Last edited by Thes; 2011-08-01 at 06:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    Because a laptop - let's be honest here - is absolutely horrible to play with. I have played WoW with a lappy and when comparing it to my desktop (not only in terms of graphical quality) I bet you that 22"-27" (I use 24" @ 1920x1200) monitor, REAL keyboard and gaming mouse accompanied with decent speakers just beats any laptop so hard it's unbelievable.

It's not that I wouldn't play with a laptop if I was on the go, but I can't see myself playing with a laptop if I have real hardware around.

Oh and I use my computer for other things as well. The laptop keyboard (even the best ones, mostly business laptops) are not really comfortable in comparison. Sure you can plug a real keyboard into a lappy but, what's the point of having a laptop then? If I were to buy a laptop, I'd get one aimed at businesses due to better physical durability and comfort (they mostly do not look like toys either). Those laptops usually come with integrated Intel/nvidia quatro chip and are not meant for gaming at all.

Desktop computer <3
    seriously? are you blind or something? one post above you

my minecraft server:

Damn. Now you've made me want to make a minecraft server, Cyo. What does such a thing need anyway? Don't imagine needing a GPU much... >>

What's minecraft, and why does it need a dedicated server? I'm not much interested in software.
    &nbsp;

Deleted
    An aftermarket monster cooler for a.. minecraft server? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    An aftermarket monster cooler for a.. minecraft server? Seriously?
    He could've watercooled it...

Deleted
    He could've watercooled it...
    He could run it without a cooler.. -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    What's minecraft, and why does it need a dedicated server? I'm not much interested in software.
    Minecraft is an amazing resource hungry game with 8bit graphics lol
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Amazing 8bit graphics tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Sounds badly optimised! Is it that addictive useless stuff you can mine stuff and sell for real cash?
    &nbsp;

Sounds badly optimised! Is it that addictive useless stuff you can mine stuff and sell for real cash?
    http://minecraft.net

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's a sandbox game made in java so its bloated to hell lol.. But it is an insanely fun game.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

10+ Year Old Account
    i actually assembled it from spare parts i had lying around and a few new parts from my business:

CPU: AMD Phenom X4 3.2 Ghz
    MB: Asus Crosshair IV
    Ram: patriot something, ddr3 2000 i think
    Video: Asus HD5450 (only installed for initial setup, i manage it with RDP)
    Cooler: CM V8
    Case: CM Cosmos

minecraft is a sandbox style mmo, i use this box to host a server for me and a few friends, as well as folding, and a network storage and printing location

Cpu : 6.9 intel q6600
    Ram : 6.9 5gb ddr2
    graphics : 6.7
    gaming graphics : 6.7 Ati 5750 1gb gddr5
    Main Hd : 5.7

extras
    Logitech G19 , g35 , g500 , z506

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This was truly something fun, I must say. Now I look at my computer every day and know, I built that, not some 3rd party company using Chinese labor workers or whatever. Not too many people can say that, and much less being able to say the specific items that went in. It's truly something awesome!

---------- Post added 2011-08-01 at 10:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cyceron View Post
    Cpu : 6.9 intel q6600
    Ram : 6.9 5gb ddr2
    graphics : 6.7
    gaming graphics : 6.7 Ati 5750 1gb gddr5
    Main Hd : 5.7

extras
    Logitech G19 , g35 , g500 , z506
    Geeez. A G19. Bamf man. Got any pictures of that setup? It sounds pretty damn sick.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water