Tetris, it's purely extra cooling for my videocard.
    For the time being the one I have now and after that the same card as you have. It's located in the airduct (look at the picture I posted, I'm holding it in place) and blows air straight towards the back of the case, essentially penetrating the Asus DCII then...
    I think I just answered my own question

-edit- I really like an answer to this: Is it possible to put GT's on a NH-D14? If so, with what kind of RPM should I go, is it more quiet at highest RPM and what's the difference in cooling performance?
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2011-08-09 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    I think I just answered my own question
    hehe, don't you just love it when that happens. :P

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    -edit- I really like an answer to this: Is it possible to put GT's on a NH-D14? If so, with what kind of RPM should I go, is it more quiet at highest RPM and what's the difference in cooling performance?
    Yes. But. The fittings need fiddling. Or mount them with zip-ties. You can expect the cooling-performance to go up. At least with the 1850s. 1450s would work well.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Yes. But. The fittings need fiddling. Or mount them with zip-ties. You can expect the cooling-performance to go up. At least with the 1850s. 1450s would work well.
    Yeah i would go with either of those models. As you go slower than 1450, they don't really get any quieter.

Also, undervolting them (using a fan controller) to slow them down, usually saw no reduction in noise level.
    Last edited by Skelly; 2011-08-09 at 02:53 AM.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Nice, how many fans do you have in there? haha.

You're looking at a i5-2300 @ 3.3Ghz, Scythe Mugen 2, Asus 6950 DCII (modded to 6970, shroud removed, used 2 x 120 scythe slipstream 800 rpm), 2 x wd6400aaks raid 0, 8 gb ram and a shitload of cables. The case is an old Lian-Li PC-S80 case (with 3 x scythe slipstream 120mm 800 rpm) that I had to cannibalize to get the 6950 to fit in. I know it looks pretty bad, but you can't hear it from 30 cm away even under full load with the gpu going up to 70-75 degrees and cpu to 55-60.

...You added your own fans on the graphic card? Hadn't thought of that... o.o But yeah, thing looks rather nasty. :P

So many cables! But nice quiet setup

Well, Corsair got back to me about running 4 of those dominator GT's at 2400 Mhz, and unfortunately, they said it's unlikely i'd be able to do that, if possible at all. They're completely designed to run as just 2 modules, and not as 4. Real shame in all honesty. Least i know i can get 2133 out of the ones i have, and 1866 if i don't want to push it.

As such, i've decided i'm gonna go ahead and sort out the loops into something more optimal. I'm gonna replace my 240mm rad in the CPU loop with a 120mm rad in push pull, identical to the existing 120mm also in the same loop. I'm then gonna try and go push-pull on the 360mm rad that's in the GPU loop as well. Gonna drop down both drive cages, as well as the reservoir, and add yet another NZXT Mesh fan controller to it (since i don't really wanna burn out one of the existing controller by overloading it with a fan splitter on 3/5 ports). Gonna try and position my pumps so i can change the speed from the side of the drive cage through any available gap.

Also gonna replace the side 200mm fan with a different, more powerful one, and add a fan grill over it. Since i went push-pull on the rear CPU rad, the 200mm fan is just a little too big to fit inside the case. I might be able to change the position of the sides meshed panel to allow me to do it again, will take a look later.

I'm also gonna go to town on the styling, and redo all the tubing in red translucent instead of clear, as well as add some NZXT "line lights" around the inside to provide some contrast. Will probably also add in some white antikink coils to all tubing, mainly for the style.
    Coder, Gamer - Thoughtcloud | NEW SITE: IOCube| Node.js Monkey | #Error418MasterRace
    Knows: Node.js, JS, JQuery, HTML, CSS, Object Pascal, PHP, WQL/SQL, Ruby

PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX780 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

Remember to post pics, or I'll personally track you down and do it for you. D:

Have had some troubles with my order so my mITX build has come to a halt (until the case finally arrives). I thought I'd post some pictures anyway because... well, why not? Might want to add that this is by no means a "gaming setup" so it is a bit off-topic. I hope you won't mind.

Took the shot initially for a friend who's looking to get a similar build. He isn't the most tech-savvy guy so I included the credit card for size reference.
    http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/1341/img0499q.jpg

Specs:
    Mobo: ASRock E350M1 Fusion
    CPU: AMD Fusion E-350 with integrated Radeon 6310 graphics (included with the MoBo).
    HDD: Seagate Momentus 250Gb 7200rpm 2.5"
    RAM: Corsair CL9 VALUE 1333Mhz 2x2Gb

The goal was to build a computer to be used for surfing and e-mail, look at pictures and Youtube with very low power consumption for a very low price. The total price for the above parts is 1570SEK, which roughly corresponds to $160. I'll hopefully put it all in an Antec ISK 100 when/if I get it (putting the total at $220). Right now I'm using an old 300W PSU and the DVD burner/writer of my gaming rig to install windows, updates and drivers.
    Last edited by Marest; 2011-08-09 at 04:17 PM.

Dear sir, i fail to see the point why u show ur bankcard in the pic?

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Have had some troubles with my order so my mITX build has come to a halt (until the case finally arrives). I thought I'd post some pictures anyway because... well, why not? Might want to add that this is by no means a "gaming setup" so it is a bit off-topic. I hope you won't mind.

Specs:
    CPU: AMD Fusion E-350 with integrated Radeon 6310 graphics (included with the MoBo).

The goal was to build a computer to be used for surfing and e-mail, look at pictures and Youtube with very low power consumption for a very low price. The total price for the above parts is 1570SEK, which roughly corresponds to $160. I'll hopefully put it all in an Antec ISK 100 when/if I get it (putting the total at $220). Right now I'm using an old 300W PSU and the DVD burner/writer of my gaming rig to install windows, updates and drivers.
    Thats amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Neeko View Post
    To show how small it is

Technically, it's not my bankcard I simply had it in the shot for a friend to see the overall size of such a build, as he is looking for a small desktop computer for e-mail and browsing.

I really want the mini-ITX series to come out for FM1... Most amazing mobile PC ever.

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoCoffee View Post
    Thats amazing

To show how small it is
    aaaha hahaha, yeah ok, fair nuff, the DVI cable would have worked but very nice indeed!

aaaha hahaha, yeah ok, fair nuff, the DVI cable would have worked but very nice indeed!
    Or the fact that the RAM sticks are almost as long as the entire motherboard

It is very cool though

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post

Took the shot initially for a friend who's looking to get a similar build. He isn't the most tech-savvy guy so I included the credit card for size reference.
    http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/1341/img0499q.jpg

Specs:

Oh we love a good unique build like this! mITX are fun. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by gogusrl View Post
    You're looking at a i5-2300 @ 3.3Ghz, Scythe Mugen 2, Asus 6950 DCII (modded to 6970, shroud removed, used 2 x 120 scythe slipstream 800 rpm), 2 x wd6400aaks raid 0, 8 gb ram and a shitload of cables. The case is an old Lian-Li PC-S80 case (with 3 x scythe slipstream 120mm 800 rpm) that I had to cannibalize to get the 6950 to fit in. I know it looks pretty bad, but you can't hear it from 30 cm away even under full load with the gpu going up to 70-75 degrees and cpu to 55-60.
    I love the way you ghetto-mounted these fans.

Quote Originally Posted by gogusrl View Post

Nice cable management, looks like mine. Harhar.
    Also, I just ordered some stuff since I'm back from Sweden!
    A Scythe Kaze fan controller, the Noctua NH-D14, a 5.25'' to 3.5'' adapter thing, a 3.5'' to 2.5'' adapter thing, and two Noctua NF-P12 fans. Let's hope it gets here before the weekend.
    (I forgot to buy the Arctic cleaning kit to get the old thermal paste off my CPU though, let's hope I can manage it anyway)
    Last edited by Hmmster; 2011-08-09 at 10:08 PM.
    I'm a Communist. Take this information as you please. I'm always up for debates in PM!