Internet speed / Streaming

Problem: Most stream configurations I've seen say to use ~80% of your upload as max bitrate but I can only use ~20% of my upload before my stream starts dropping frames and my latency spikes and holds at ~500 ms.

Details: http://www.speedtest.net/result/3456043804.png
    I have a Netgear N900 wireless router
    There are ~2 other people that use the internet along with me but only browsing like Facebook and stuff and they warn me before hand if they download stuff.
    In task manager my CPU usage never rises above 60% and my physical memory never goes above 70%. My network utilization never goes above 20% when I "try" to stream and stays below 5% elsewhere.

Computer specs:
    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570k Processor
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H60
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI Mini ITX
    Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB DDR3-1866
    SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120g
    Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 660 Ti
    Power Supply: Corsair 500W Bronze Semi Modular ATX

Question: How can I use more of my internet (if that's the correct way of saying that)?

Extra: I read that Comcast (my provider) might throttle my speeds during peak hours but this is consistent during all parts of the day. I'm also thinking of upgrading to a better plan to 50/12 for just a little bit more (on one of the grandfather plans), would that be worth it?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Jeremypwnz; Yesterday at 04:09 AM.

your network card's max capabilities and what your ISP sells you are two different things.

Speedtest.net is extremely inaccurate for several reasons. The results yielded tend to be more fiction then fact.

Go to Testmy.net, go to upload test > select test size > 33MB.

Adjust your stream settings based on those results.

Of course stream size, target frame rate, audio quality, encoding will all have an impact on your stream as well.
    Last edited by BruceG87; Yesterday at 04:22 AM.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | EVGA GTX 670 FTW | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Dell U2711 27" | Corsair K60 | Steelseries Sensei RAW | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti