Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I'm moving to Sweden. Where should I buy computer parts from?

As the title states, I'm moving to Sweden and can't figure out where to buy computer parts from. I usually buy computer parts from newegg, tigerdirect or Amazon, but none of those places ship to Sweden, or if they do they throw in a very hefty shipping price. So my question is, does anyone know of some good websites or any kind of chain stores where I would be able to buy computer parts? I would just take my computer with me but it's not very practical as it's very heavy and would cost almost the cost of the computer to take it with me, so I'm building a new one once I arrive there. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

These tables bar our way.. ┬──┬ ┬──┬

But the will of a templar is stronger! ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

komplett.se
    netonnet.se
    mediamarkt.se

Definitely not Sweden
    EVGA GTX 970 4GB SC | i5-4690K Quad-Core @4.5GHz CPU
    Ripjaws 16GB 1866 (4x4GB) RAM | H80i Liquid Cooling System
    Corsair RM 750W G+ Fully Modular PSU | ASRock Fatality Z97X Killer Motherboard
    Cobra Series R Gaming Keyboard | Razer Deathadder Chroma Gaming Mouse
    Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD | Seagate 7200 RPM 2TB HDD
    ASUS Black 23.6" 1920x1080 2ms Full HD LED Monitor | Enermax OSTROGG GT Mid Tower

Buy them in CA and take them with you to Sweden
    My Little Borg: Friendship is Irrelevant

I always use inet or webhallen.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Buy them in CA and take them with you to Sweden
    I would but we don't have the suitcase weight available, which is why I have to buy them in Sweden.

Curious. How old are you? Your move doesn't seem very well put together

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    I'm 27. The move is actually moving along extremely well. We queue'd up properly for our apartment (everything has queue's in Sweden), we have guaranteed income, proper savings, our pet dog has her passport, we've been cleared by the Swedish government for our permanent residency cards. Literally the only thing that I don't know is where to buy computer parts as I don't know Swedish and I've always had a desktop. I don't understand what isn't put together.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HTPRO View Post
    komplett.se
    netonnet.se
    mediamarkt.se
    Thank you. I'll check them all out.

Take out your GPU (and HDD if it's mechanical) and ship it international via USPS. Should be around $100-130~. Take the GPU as luggage, easy peasy. No reason to waste all that money on a new build if you don't want to.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Take out your GPU (and HDD if it's mechanical) and ship it international via USPS. Should be around $100-130~. Take the GPU as luggage, easy peasy. No reason to waste all that money on a new build if you don't want to.
    I don't really mind for the most part building and buying a new computer. I sold the computer I was using for $800, which I feel was a fair price for it. I kept all my hard drives though and got anti static bags and properly wrapped them to take them in my luggage. The most important part of my computer, to me, is my four hard drives. I can replace parts but a lot of the stuff on my hard drives would be more difficult to replace.

Komplett.se or Webhallen.se is what I typically use and have been for years. inet.se is also good

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    That's why this forum is awesome, he asks a simple question and you insult him without giving any help on the actual topic

OT
    Good luck with your move, the others have given you great suggestions already

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    You can either compare individual parts on www.prisjakt.nu and hunt for prices (but beware of less amounts of reviews on some of the stores, they can be crooked), otherwise CDON.se (which can be a bitch to navigate if you don't know Swedish though), komplett.se, inet.se, webhallen.com, komplett.se, dustin.se, alina.se and proshop.se are all good stores.

Inet is a store I have extensive love and experience with; if I order something on a Tuesday at 2PM, I can expect to pick it up* Wednesday by noon.

* As in, at my local package delivery drop-off, like a grocery store

Quote Originally Posted by Oogzy View Post
    I'm 27. The move is actually moving along extremely well. We queue'd up properly for our apartment (everything has queue's in Sweden), we have guaranteed income, proper savings, our pet dog has her passport, we've been cleared by the Swedish government for our permanent residency cards. Literally the only thing that I don't know is where to buy computer parts as I don't know Swedish and I've always had a desktop. I don't understand what isn't put together.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. I'll check them all out.

wait what u have guaranteed income??? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?
    Are u Swedish by chance?

- - - Updated - - -

Whats the swedish word for bestbuy?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't really mind for the most part building and buying a new computer. I sold the computer I was using for $800, which I feel was a fair price for it. I kept all my hard drives though and got anti static bags and properly wrapped them to take them in my luggage. The most important part of my computer, to me, is my four hard drives. I can replace parts but a lot of the stuff on my hard drives would be more difficult to replace.

You realize if you had a OS on a HD that you had data on it you wanted it is now lost as you will get a blue screen of Death upon attempted boot. also windows wont work. nor will they let you most likely use a old cd key for the OS.

inet.se and webhallen.com are the places I'm a frequent customer. Both have actual boutiques you can visit but they of course also deliver. I can imagine inet.se being the easiest one to sift through (given you run it through google translate).

You can also usually order things through amazon.co.uk, but it usually costs the same and you just have to wait longer for parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    You realize if you had a OS on a HD that you had data on it you wanted it is now lost as you will get a blue screen of Death upon attempted boot. also windows wont work. nor will they let you most likely use a old cd key for the OS.
    I think OP knows that. But you can definitely access the personal data on an OS-drive as long as you're not silly enough to boot from it.

You could also technically boot from it if you either 1) Build a computer with the same motherboard chipset
    or 2) have prepared the OS installation with the sysprep tool which prompts the OS to throw out all drivers and reinstall upon next boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Take out the expensive parts such as CPU and Graphics card and carry them in whatever bag you bring with you

inet.se and webhallen.com are the places I'm a frequent customer. Both have actual boutiques you can visit but they of course also deliver. I can imagine inet.se being the easiest one to sift through (given you run it through google translate).

You can also usually order things through amazon.co.uk, but it usually costs the same and you just have to wait longer for parts.

hey thats nice setup u have in the signature whats ur fps in wow and what setting 10?

ITT: Life coaching by MMO-Champion. Quality stuff.
    Siegecrafter Blackfuse (25-N) testing is complete! Today's Wisdom:
    One man's Trash is another Man's Heroic Boss.

do you speak arabic? I kid I kid

Infracted. This is not the place for this kind of comment. - Cilraaz
    Last edited by Cilraaz; Yesterday at 03:55 PM.

Can you buy all the small stuff here and buy case/psu once you are over there?

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Can you buy all the small stuff here and buy case/psu once you are over there?
    I'm actually thinking about doing that as I might be able to save a few hundred dollars that way. I'm actually checking that out right now, it was the reason I logged in.