I'm thinking of buying an iPad with Black Friday coming up, because I can get a decent deal I think. I had a couple of questions.
1) Have any of you tried the iPad Air yet? Is it better/worse than a regular iPad? I haven't been keeping up with all that since I've never owned an iPad and got rid of my iPhone 2 years ago to buy an Android phone.
2) Are apps possibly not compatible with iPad Air? Or is everything for "iPad" fine to use on iPad Air? I'm not sure how their operating systems work with or against each other
3) If I have an Android cell phone that has a hot spot function, I don't need to get a Cellular-capable iPad, right? I can just have the WiFi-only iPad connect to my Android's hot spot and use my cell phone's 4G if I am not within a WiFi area, correct? I tried it with my phone and friend's iPad for a few minutes and it seemed to work fine, but I've not tried it for an extended period of time.
4) Any general iPad-buying advice? I've had an iPhone and iTunes account, etc. so I'm familiar with how that works already, just looking for some general "wish i had known that" tablet advice.
 - Please, before and in case this thread degrades, this is NOT an Apple vs. PC thread and not an Apple v. Android thread. Take that crap somewhere else. I'm looking for objective information regarding the iPad Air compared to the iPad's other incarnations in trying to decide which one I should look at. If I buy a tablet, it WILL be an Apple product since my phone is Android and I intentionally am making the decision to diversify between the two.