Saithes is correct, your RAM is underclocked, and by a fair chunk too. If you bump the multi up one, it will still be underclocked, but better. 2 multi bumps will overclock it.
    Last edited by ispano; 2011-07-16 at 09:35 PM.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. - P55-UD3R
    i5 750 @ 2.67GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM (4 x 2 GB Corsair DDR3)
    Palit NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 OC @ 1792mb

Accessories:
    Benq 24" LED LCD Monitor
    Razer Naga
    Logitech G35 Headset
    Logitech G15 Keyboard
    Last edited by Terranullis; 2011-07-16 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Wrong... Triple Channel extends the data width. The "DDR" aka Double Data Rate is what forms the clock speed. Each Data width is 64-bit, so with triple channel it goes to 192bit rather than 128bit of Dual Channel. Double Data Rate is what determines the effective clock speed in which it can produce two cycles per clock resulting in 1148MHz. The same applies to GDDR5, which is Quad Data Rate which means you multiply the base clock by 4 so 1500 x 4 = 6000MHz effective.
    That's what I thought, but I haven't really read up on X58, so I dared not say.
    Easy for me to say afterwards, but hey :'D

Also. I'm considering providing pics from installing my soundcard and phones to update my build. But it seems rather. Redundant. D:
    (Although, sneaking in a soundcard in the PCI-E 1x between a NH-D14 and a Direct Cu II-cooler was a humbling experience.)

10+ Year Old Account
    then please explain the 1700ish memory speed shown in my bios for that clock?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    then please explain the 1700ish memory speed shown in my bios for that clock?
    Most likely a false reading in bios. As stated the amount of channels have nothing to do with the clock speed.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    Here you go:

http://i51.tinypic.com/161kyfr.jpg
    Mod Warning: Use thumbnails.
    Um, a caved off questing area with hardly anything to render with shadows on low is nothing even closely resembling a 10 man raid in combat.
    Likewise, neither is an empty area of Howling Fjord in the middle of the sea.

Show your fps on screen, mid combat(Ctrl + R) and we'll see if you can keep that 70-80 fps(Which i highly doubt)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Most likely a false reading in bios. As stated the amount of channels have nothing to do with the clock speed.
    I would say it more like a false reading from the software, the x58 is very buggy when ram is over 1600mhz, this is well known, on mine if I go over 1800 windows will only read 4gb of ram, yet cpuz still shows 24, on my 5ghz clock, cpuz was the only program to show my CPU at 5ghz, everything else showed it at 2.6

I will admit I was wrong about the channels, something I never really looked into, I just assumed that's how it worked

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Screw a dell....
    I am highly jelly of your signature.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Do please, because that sounds extremely shady!

*ninjafixes typo*
    Quote Originally Posted by Adt View Post
    Um, a caved off questing area with hardly anything to render with shadows on low is nothing even closely resembling a 10 man raid in combat.
    Likewise, neither is an empty area of Howling Fjord in the middle of the sea.

Show your fps on screen, mid combat(Ctrl + R) and we'll see if you can keep that 70-80 fps(Which i highly doubt)

I couldn't post yesterday because I fell asleep but here you go:
    http://i53.tinypic.com/r013xj.jpg
    http://i52.tinypic.com/2r40he9.jpg
    http://i51.tinypic.com/mt82t3.jpg

I will do more in-combat shots on monday, outdpsing hunters as a rogue is hard.
    Last edited by Tic Tacs; 2011-07-17 at 02:58 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't post yesterday because I fell asleep but here you go:
    http://i53.tinypic.com/r013xj.jpg
    http://i52.tinypic.com/2r40he9.jpg
    http://i51.tinypic.com/mt82t3.jpg

I will do more in-combat shots on monday, outdpsing hunters as a rogue is hard.
    You failed, again.

Two of the SSs are not in combat.
    The last one, while sure it's in combat, unfortunately I can tell the graphics are lower, by a fair amount too.

Now, if you want to properly do this without using Fraps, during raid combat (yes I know this sounds insane, it's simply because I don't believe you kept your graphics as high as you showed us in your very first SS, all 3 of these pictures look like the graphics were lowered, especially the final one) open up your graphics settings and take a quick SS during the raid combat whilst you have the graphics pane open.

OR if you really want to show us you are one to be believed - fraps like 30 seconds of a fight, or hell even a full fight if you're feeling awesome, and at the start, have the graphics pane open, have it open long enough for us to get a good look, or I guess we can pause the video, whatever, and then close the graphics pane, and proceed to attack boss. Whether you kill the boss or not is irrelevant. :P

I should really turn off Vsync and not fraps every raid so I can see just what my FPS would be during a raid.... oh wait I'm in a 25 man guild.

Edit: I just did some further looking into that SS of yours.... is that a 1600x1000 resolution? Whaaat? I thought you had a higher res! More points docked!
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2011-07-17 at 03:54 PM.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    New pictures, since I never posted any with the P8Z68V Pro or GTX560Ti. Also managed to jam a fan in the bottom.

Aaaaannnddd... the start of my custom vinyl graphics job for the case!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    New pictures, since I never posted any with the P8Z68V Pro or GTX560Ti. Also managed to jam a fan in the bottom.

Aaaaannnddd... the start of my custom vinyl graphics job for the case!

The mark of a pro. Looks VERY nice!!
    "A flower.

I like the intel-sticker. Feels good? Going from AMD/AMD to intel/nVIDIA?

Reposting some pics for Fuzzykins' sake, since he apparently missed them. :B

I didn't know where else to put all the molex and sata cables from the PSU, so they're just nicely bunched up at the bottom there. >>

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    I like the intel-sticker. Feels good? Going from AMD/AMD to intel/nVIDIA?
    Considering I have AMD, Intel and nVidia stuff strewn everywhere between my tower, laptop, servers, workstation at the office, and junky Linux box at the office... I'm cool with it.

The intel sticker doesn't look as cool as the AMD Vision sticker on this laptop, imo. xD

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    You failed, again.

Two of the SSs are not in combat.
    The last one, while sure it's in combat, unfortunately I can tell the graphics are lower, by a fair amount too.

bla bla bla

Edit: I just did some further looking into that SS of yours.... is that a 1600x1000 resolution? Whaat? I thought you had a higher res! More points docked!
    Dude I posted my graphics setting and fps several times. If you jelly about my old system running World of Warcraft perfectly please take it elsewhere.

It's 1680x1050 on 22'' monitor. Yes, again if you want to spend extra $400 on monitor for marginal difference, you go ahead. I'll stick around with something more practical.

As I stated in my last post, I will do more in-combat screenshots on Monday.

Also, I'm buying new system this winter for upcoming mmorpgs. If you are seriously interested in buying my current one pst with offer. I will provide more info.
    Last edited by Tic Tacs; 2011-07-17 at 08:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude I posted my graphics setting and fps several times. If you jelly about my old system running World of Warcraft perfectly please take it elsewhere.

It's 1680x1050 on 22'' monitor. Yes, again if you want to spend extra $400 on monitor for marginal difference, you go ahead. I'll stick around with something more practical.

It's not that he's "jelly" about your old system running that, it's that we get annoyed when people come in here and make untrue claims, which in turn lead the community to think something different than is actually true.

15+ Year Old Account
    Uh...

A 24" LCD nowadays is usually less than $200 CAD.

Yeah, no thanks. Now stop shitting around and show actual data worth a shit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Rofl, as Fuzzykins stated, I'm not "jelly" at all bro, look at my sig. And yeah, Fuzzy is right on his second point, you're coming here and spreading misinformation, it annoys us who take this forum more seriously.

Yeah I in fact have a 1680x1050 22" monitor myself, $400 on a monitor? Lol. Maybe if I had the cash to drop on a beautiful 120Hz monitor, yes. But no, I have a nice, Ultra Contrast Gateway 22" that looks great and actually does 1680x1050 in WoW, however your SSs come out as 1600x1000 for some odd reason.

Looking forward to them!!

Also, I'm buying new system this winter for upcoming mmorpgs. If you are seriously interested in buying my current one pst with offer. I will provide more info.
    Lol, see my first post. I don't want your old computer buddy. Go give it to charity when you replace it, or a friend who needs one.
    "A flower.