Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Thanks for pointing out the AP.
    Is it better to put an AP in the air duct in my case (the thing I'm holding with my hand, between the videocard and HDD's) than a regular GT? This is specifically for cooling the GPU, but I saw the AP has a rather low CFM.
    The air penetrators advantage is that it's "directed" airflow. Meaning it will blow air straight, instead of spread or "fan" (harr harr) it out widely. You may cover a larger area with a Gentle Typhoon. But you will cool stuff directly behind the Air Penetrator a lot better.

So it depends where the fan is mounted and how large of an area (ie, how many cards) it needs to cool.

---------- Post added 2011-08-09 at 02:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kärmä View Post
    I'm getting my Dell U2311h tomorrow.
    I'm jelly! Once I get more moolah, I'll order my first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    If two 480's needs 1200W to boot, we need to have a serious talk.
    system wouldn't boot with 750W, wouldn't run run furmark( while oc'd, might mention that) without crashing with a 900W PSU, so i just went on and buy a 1200W ' just to be safe'

Tetris, it's purely extra cooling for my videocard.
    For the time being the one I have now and after that the same card as you have. It's located in the airduct (look at the picture I posted, I'm holding it in place) and blows air straight towards the back of the case, essentially penetrating the Asus DCII then...
    I think I just answered my own question

-edit- I really like an answer to this: Is it possible to put GT's on a NH-D14? If so, with what kind of RPM should I go, is it more quiet at highest RPM and what's the difference in cooling performance?
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2011-08-09 at 12:38 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think I just answered my own question
    hehe, don't you just love it when that happens. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

-edit- I really like an answer to this: Is it possible to put GT's on a NH-D14? If so, with what kind of RPM should I go, is it more quiet at highest RPM and what's the difference in cooling performance?
    Yes. But. The fittings need fiddling. Or mount them with zip-ties. You can expect the cooling-performance to go up. At least with the 1850s. 1450s would work well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Yes. But. The fittings need fiddling. Or mount them with zip-ties. You can expect the cooling-performance to go up. At least with the 1850s. 1450s would work well.
    Yeah i would go with either of those models. As you go slower than 1450, they don't really get any quieter.

Also, undervolting them (using a fan controller) to slow them down, usually saw no reduction in noise level.
    Last edited by Skelly; 2011-08-09 at 02:53 AM.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Nice, how many fans do you have in there? haha.

Deleted

You're looking at a i5-2300 @ 3.3Ghz, Scythe Mugen 2, Asus 6950 DCII (modded to 6970, shroud removed, used 2 x 120 scythe slipstream 800 rpm), 2 x wd6400aaks raid 0, 8 gb ram and a shitload of cables. The case is an old Lian-Li PC-S80 case (with 3 x scythe slipstream 120mm 800 rpm) that I had to cannibalize to get the 6950 to fit in. I know it looks pretty bad, but you can't hear it from 30 cm away even under full load with the gpu going up to 70-75 degrees and cpu to 55-60.

...You added your own fans on the graphic card? Hadn't thought of that... o.o But yeah, thing looks rather nasty. :P

So many cables! But nice quiet setup

Remember to post pics, or I'll personally track you down and do it for you. D:

Deleted
    Have had some troubles with my order so my mITX build has come to a halt (until the case finally arrives). I thought I'd post some pictures anyway because... well, why not? Might want to add that this is by no means a "gaming setup" so it is a bit off-topic. I hope you won't mind.

Took the shot initially for a friend who's looking to get a similar build. He isn't the most tech-savvy guy so I included the credit card for size reference.
    http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/1341/img0499q.jpg

Specs:
    Mobo: ASRock E350M1 Fusion
    CPU: AMD Fusion E-350 with integrated Radeon 6310 graphics (included with the MoBo).
    HDD: Seagate Momentus 250Gb 7200rpm 2.5"
    RAM: Corsair CL9 VALUE 1333Mhz 2x2Gb

The goal was to build a computer to be used for surfing and e-mail, look at pictures and Youtube with very low power consumption for a very low price. The total price for the above parts is 1570SEK, which roughly corresponds to $160. I'll hopefully put it all in an Antec ISK 100 when/if I get it (putting the total at $220). Right now I'm using an old 300W PSU and the DVD burner/writer of my gaming rig to install windows, updates and drivers.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-08-09 at 04:17 PM.

Dear sir, i fail to see the point why u show ur bankcard in the pic?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Have had some troubles with my order so my mITX build has come to a halt (until the case finally arrives). I thought I'd post some pictures anyway because... well, why not? Might want to add that this is by no means a "gaming setup" so it is a bit off-topic. I hope you won't mind.

Specs:
    CPU: AMD Fusion E-350 with integrated Radeon 6310 graphics (included with the MoBo).

The goal was to build a computer to be used for surfing and e-mail, look at pictures and Youtube with very low power consumption for a very low price. The total price for the above parts is 1570SEK, which roughly corresponds to $160. I'll hopefully put it all in an Antec ISK 100 when/if I get it (putting the total at $220). Right now I'm using an old 300W PSU and the DVD burner/writer of my gaming rig to install windows, updates and drivers.
    Thats amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Neeko View Post
    To show how small it is

Deleted
    Technically, it's not my bankcard I simply had it in the shot for a friend to see the overall size of such a build, as he is looking for a small desktop computer for e-mail and browsing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want the mini-ITX series to come out for FM1... Most amazing mobile PC ever.

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoCoffee View Post
    Thats amazing

To show how small it is
    aaaha hahaha, yeah ok, fair nuff, the DVI cable would have worked but very nice indeed!

aaaha hahaha, yeah ok, fair nuff, the DVI cable would have worked but very nice indeed!
    Or the fact that the RAM sticks are almost as long as the entire motherboard

It is very cool though

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post

Took the shot initially for a friend who's looking to get a similar build. He isn't the most tech-savvy guy so I included the credit card for size reference.
    http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/1341/img0499q.jpg

Specs:

Oh we love a good unique build like this! mITX are fun. ^_^
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gogusrl View Post
    You're looking at a i5-2300 @ 3.3Ghz, Scythe Mugen 2, Asus 6950 DCII (modded to 6970, shroud removed, used 2 x 120 scythe slipstream 800 rpm), 2 x wd6400aaks raid 0, 8 gb ram and a shitload of cables. The case is an old Lian-Li PC-S80 case (with 3 x scythe slipstream 120mm 800 rpm) that I had to cannibalize to get the 6950 to fit in. I know it looks pretty bad, but you can't hear it from 30 cm away even under full load with the gpu going up to 70-75 degrees and cpu to 55-60.
    I love the way you ghetto-mounted these fans.