15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Once again Cyanotical impresses like no other.

Skelly I do love how your kit looks too! Really looking forward to seeing it in an Elysium! So what, you're going to have a collection of empty cases? :P
    I'll agree, it looks sick.

If Skelly is anything like me, old cases get used as a courtesy for a friend/relative I'm building a system for, or sold to someone for real cheap if they need a case.

+10 to you Cyanotical......... i just loooooove white tubes in costom water loops. it just looks sick nice
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    If Skelly is anything like me, old cases get used as a courtesy for a friend/relative I'm building a system for, or sold to someone for real cheap if they need a case.
    Yeah pretty much. I'll probably move my parent's pc from their shitty NXZT case that I picked up for $20 into the old Storm Sniper. First friend that decides to build a decent rig can have the RV-02.

They say cases are supposed to last you multiple builds, but there the thing I've gone through the most of XD
    Last edited by Skelly; 2011-08-11 at 12:46 AM.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a photo as mine just looks like a plain black box:

CPU: i7 950 @ 3.07gHz
    GPU: ATI Radeon HD 6850 1GB
    RAM: 4GB DDR3
    MoB: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
    HDD: 500GB WD5002AALX 7200rpm
    Mon: 24" Widescreen Benq HDMI
    Razer Naga Gaming Mouse
    G110 Logitech Gaming Keyboard
    Wyvern Plush Toy Sitting on Top of Case!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derkenne View Post
    I don't have a photo as mine just looks like a plain black box:

CPU: i7 950 @ 3.07gHz
    GPU: ATI Radeon HD 6850 1GB
    RAM: 4GB DDR3
    MoB: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
    HDD: 500GB WD5002AALX 7200rpm
    Mon: 24" Widescreen Benq HDMI
    Razer Naga Gaming Mouse
    G110 Logitech Gaming Keyboard
    Wyvern Plush Toy Sitting on Top of Case!
    So you take a pic of the inside!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Will eventually take a pic of the inside since my Blackberry's shitty camera won't do the thing justice. After 6 months of activity on these forums I thought I would eventually need to post MY setup. First build in 5 years! Anyhow, here's my SETUP itself;

Peripherals

Acer 23" 1920x1080 ultraslim LED monitor
    Dell 21" 1680x1050 LCD monitor
    Razer Naga (Yup...)
    Logitech G510
    Belkin Nostromo N52te (Thats rite, I got it before the razer kids)

As for the computer itself;

Intel Core i7 2600k @ ~4.42 GHz
    Corsair Dominator 8GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz
    WD Caviar Black 1TB
    EVGA Gtx 570 HD 1GB
    Asus P8P67-M
    Antec Kuhler 920
    Antec 902 V3 case

Click the sig for moar
    Last edited by Chickensoup23; 2011-08-11 at 06:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love the hardware and the wallpapers, /highfive for Evga

Got my replacement Define XL today... surprised the damn thing didn't melt in the UPS truck >_> (the case was *very* warm when I pulled it out of the box... I'm ready for summer to be over ._.) Anyways, since this one wasn't broken like the first once they sent me I moved my PC into it

The new XL vs my old CM690II Advanced

Got the intake fans mounted (Silverstone AP121 on top + AP141 in the middle + the stock fan for the hard drives)

Hard Drives in the case (Left cage = SSD + 1TB Caviar Black + 500GB Caviar Black that I no longer use (not installed in this picture), Right cage = 3x Spinpoint F3 (2 in RAID 0, one as a spare... originally was going to run all 3 in RAID 5, but my Mobo seems to suck at it (read/write speed benchmarked slightly lower than a single disk) only use it for Fraps, so I'm not all that worried about data loss)

Got the Mobo moved into the new case

Nacho Break!

The finished product: (the comp is actually running in this picture)

Wire management is somewhat tricky along that bottom divider since there's not really anywhere to run the wires coming from the fan controller...so I did what I could (it's out of the air flow, and there's no window, so no biggie )
    (notice how the fan controller is somewhat bowed.... it didn't really fit (the PCI bracket is too thick with the paint on it)...I had to force it in with a hammer and a pair of pliers )

Overall it's a really nice case, VERY quiet compared to the CM690II Advanced, and the hardware temperatures are essentially the same. Other than the GPU/CPU coolers, which only are audible under load (which I don't mind), the only thing that can be heard is the AP121 fan when it's on its max speed, and it's on the fan controller turned down a bit so it's not audible, but still moves a decent amount of air. Only place any noise gets out is towards the back, which is fine since it's pointing into the kitchen in my house There's a ton of room in this case...only reason I pulled the top HDD cage out is because I don't need the extra HDD space (at least not atm) and it helps improve airflow to the GPU area) I've been seriously considering getting a second GTX 580 for SLI in preparation of BF3 coming out and if I do I anticipate the extra airflow helping (it's either that or wait for the 600/7000 series. I'll make my decision once the game comes out depending on how it runs on my current GPU)
    The thing is HEAVY though! Fully loaded it's easily over 50lbs. Luckily I hardly ever move my PC.
    Last edited by Adappy; 2011-08-11 at 09:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks AWESOME Adappy! Great set of pictures! Makes me want to get one! XD

---------- Post added 2011-08-11 at 10:09 AM ----------

Btw, tetrisgoat is your new best friend. ;p /snickers
    "A flower.

My guts are coming in today hopefully(come on ups!). Can't wait to get it up and running. Hopefully I can before work.

Darn you work!!

Otherwise I have the next 2 days off anyway so should be good then. Hopefully everything goes well. It's my first custom totally self-built rig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orkela View Post
    My guts are coming in today hopefully(come on ups!). Can't wait to get it up and running. Hopefully I can before work.

Darn you work!!

Otherwise I have the next 2 days off anyway so should be good then. Hopefully everything goes well. It's my first custom totally self-built rig.
    Congrats man! I can tell ya it's an amazing feeling of self-accomplishment when you do it! And it's lots of fun!
    "A flower.

Looking at Adappy's finished product, my first thought I admit was: "There's exactly one reason why they made the case that long." I mean, remove the 5.25" bays and the second hard drive cage and the case would be about 6 inches shorter!

But then again, cases of this size aren't exactly meant to be the minimum size needed are they? :P

Congrats man! I can tell ya it's an amazing feeling of self-accomplishment when you do it! And it's lots of fun!
    I'm sure it's a lot more fun when something doesn't go haywire lol.

I just hope everything arrives in working order *knock on digital wood*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Looking at Adappy's finished product, my first thought I admit was: "There's exactly one reason why they made the case that long." I mean, remove the 5.25" bays and the second hard drive cage and the case would be about 6 inches shorter!

But then again, cases of this size aren't exactly meant to be the minimum size needed are they? :P
    Big cases ftw, expansion room, and they look amazing, and the billions of other bonuses to bigger ones.

@Orkela, well, yeah that's definitely true. Though you can bet you'll probably be alright. *also knocks on digital wood* :P
    "A flower.

I am not that technical experienced - but I recently bought an iMac 27" anno 2011.

Heres the specs:
    • 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
    • 16GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 4x4GB
    • 1TB Serial ATA Drive
    • AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB GDDR5
    Hopefully this creature will be able to do everything for the next 3-5 years. Atleast I upgraded everything to the maximum of whats possible.

Experiences and thoughts are highly welcome (its yet to be delivered..)

Everything to max? Don't those things cost literally the same as a new car?

10+ Year Old Account
    An iMac 27" is not a laptop.... so I'm wondering why in the HELL they would put a mobile video card in there. O.o
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Is that a mouse or a robot? You shouldn't look awkward if it turns out to be one someday..

Deleted
    I believe the price for that particular model is $2899. A pretty hefty price if you consider the hardware.

An iMac 27" is not a laptop.... so I'm wondering why in the HELL they would put a mobile video card in there. O.o
    Everything is located "in the screen". I'm assuming it has to do with heat and size issues.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-08-11 at 11:13 AM.

First of all, I couldn't care less. Money has never been the problem and I don't mind paying extra - because that extra is what I originally want in the first place.
    Second of all, please don't turn this thread into the never-ending 'Mac vs PC', shit - I highly doubt the OP had intentions with that in this thread.

ps. I already have an awesome car, no need to save the money to buy that anyways =)