Wait what Xonar card? =X
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Haha, lol, So who is winning so far? obviously not me.
    winning?

tell me, does it bother you more that you were called out so fast, or that we play along to make fun of you?

---------- Post added 2011-08-30 at 02:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Wait what Xonar card? =X
    the BE comes with a special bigfoot nic/xonar xense combo card

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    winning?

tell me, does it bother you more that you were called out so fast, or that we play along to make fun of you?

---------- Post added 2011-08-30 at 02:24 AM ----------

the BE comes with a special bigfoot nic/xonar xense combo card
    Oh right right. *sigh* /dreams of the day he'll finally get a sound card
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh right right. *sigh* /dreams of the day he'll finally get a sound card
    $6k drum set, and you can't get a $200 xonar? or is it just a later when i have spare cash thing?

Define "winning"
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    $6k drum set, and you can't get a $200 xonar? or is it just a later when i have spare cash thing?
    Should have seen this one coming! :P

That $6,000 was mostly built up in 2008 and early half of 2009, back when I was working consistently 25-40 hours a week at Walgreens, no other expenses for the most part. Boy... if I was at all versed in computer stuff back then, I probably would have a computer not too far from yours by now. :P

Now I'm no longer an 18 year old kid who can get by working at Walgreens giving my parents some money for rent. I'm now 22, and it's all about needing to pay my dear mother back for shelling out money for my new clothing for work (black formal stuff), knife set for culinary classes, chef uniform, and books. I owe her about $1,000 now. XD

Trust me though.... that $6,000 drumset will one day be a $20,000 drumset, trust me. Better wood for the drums, as awesome as maple is, bubinga sounds SO AMAZING AND DEEP and I'm going off-topic.

I want a sound card! And I want Sennheiser headphones.

Winning is the art of getting by, me thinks. :P

---------- Post added 2011-08-30 at 09:02 AM ----------

I totally went overboard on the short personal story. Meh. I'm not a coward, I'll leave it for people to judge. ;p
    "A flower.

SO AMAZING AND DEEP
    That's what she said.

I used to be big into buying musical instrument stuff (guitars/amps/effects) too... then I simultaneously finally figured out what I like equipment wise and got into computers so I started funneling my spare funds elsewhere (which is why I have a ~$1800 gaming PC now )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    That's what she said.

I used to be big into buying musical instrument stuff (guitars/amps/effects) too... then I simultaneously finally figured out what I like equipment wise and got into computers so I started funneling my spare funds elsewhere (which is why I have a ~$1800 gaming PC now )
    Oh we have so much in common! :P
    "A flower.

Deleted
    This thread doesn't have enough pictures, so I might as well post some of my new side-project:

It's the first computer I ever built, cleaned and re-built. It has been at my grandmothers house for the past 3 years; and she has a dog and smokes - go figure.

Not sure what I will use it for though. I might try to upgrade it slightly and sell it for a reasonably cheap price to someone who just needs a computer for surfing/e-mail. I really like the look of the case, as it is polished black aluminum with thick plexiglass in the front. The only thing I don't really like about it is that it doesn't have a dedicated place for an intake fan (there are mountings in the front for a 80 or 120mm fan, but there are no intake holes).

Specs:
    CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.0Ghz CPU with HT Technology, LGA775
    Cooler: Artic Freezer Pro 7
    MoBo: AOpen i915Ga-e
    RAM: A-Data 512Mb DDR400 (400Mhz) PC3200 x2
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce 6600GT
    PSU: Generic 340W PSU which needs to be changed judging by how it looked when I opened it.
    Other: 120mm and 80mm fans, CD burner and DVD reader (both IDE).

The HDD is my old back-up boot drive. I think it's a 160Gb Seagate Sata II HDD, but I'm not 100% sure and can't be bothered to check. I've had it for ages. And yes, I'm aware that there's no SATA cable connecting it to the MoBo.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-08-30 at 01:50 PM.

Where's the PSU mount? O_o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Top.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Dude, it's old school!
    red panda red panda red panda!

There I see it. Thought I saw the roof of the cabinet there, so I was completely wtf'd.

---------- Post added 2011-08-30 at 06:30 PM ----------

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ard-can-I-take
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2011-08-30 at 06:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's amazing, Syn, glad you got your new board, and grats on the improved overclock capability!

1.38v!!!!!!!!!! Wanna switch CPU's? XD

10+ Year Old Account
    grats on reaching 5ghz

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Ah, sure enough, it didn't stay stable at that for long, so i've settle for 4.8Ghz at 1.38V. That's still exceptional in my eyes.
    Sounds like you had the same issues that I did when I hit 5k on mine, although that voltage was a lot lower! Very nice!! Looks like I picked the wrong MB

I was pushing up to 5.2 but the voltage you need to push through and the heat generated is pretty nuts. I have mine at 5.0 right now but I need to slowly drop the Vcore until I find the line where its just stable. Having it at 5.0 and not ever breaking 70C is kinda comforting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Nah, in all honesty, the P8 series all seem to be relatively good. Honestly, the differences between the M4E and WS Rev. are very small, but make a world of difference for different people. Likewise, the other P8 boards generally seem to be aimed at the mid-high end gamers and enthusiasts who don't really want to sink £200+ into a motherboard for features they don't really care about

For me, as i said earlier, that extra PCIE slot being available is a massive bonus. I've confirmed all 4 slots run at 8x when they're all populated, but that's still sufficient for my current setup and future plans.

Still, i'm actually surprised that a 2600K runs below 1.3V. As it is, it's sat at 1.22V at 4.3Ghz - although it's set for 1.25V according to manual settings. I honestly thought they started at 1.27V or so. It was only when i saw "1.15V" in BIOS/EFI earlier that i realised i'd been set with a truly awful chip first time around, and that in fact it wasn't my own fault that the chip wouldn't clock as easily as expected... at least not entirely.

I could probably get it stable at 1.42V for 5Ghz, still pretty decent, but i'll settle for running it at 4.3 at these volts, and then ramp up to 4.8Ghz if i really want to.

Also decided to order in 2 single slot brackets for 2 of my cards. The other card is non-reference and so it's dual slot regardless.
    I never before really considered replacing my current motherboard with the WS Revolution, but with the stuff you've been saying, I'm honestly highly considering it.
    "A flower.

I set the vcore to 1.360v manually. This is the value that it says it does on auto. Just to check things.
    That's not stable. For some reason. But auto was. /baffled