Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Get an image of the SSD so you can bring it up to pace later is what I'd suggest.
    But I don't have a camera here :O o, wait :P

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    The risks we take....

And then to think I was already in bed XD

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    But I don't have a camera here :O o, wait :P
    Not all that is called an image has to do with pretty pictures, grasshoppah.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And we're back on the subject of cameras! ;p
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I was more thinking of an image in the sense of a full drive's contents condensed into an easily reinstallable format. :P

And we're back on the subject of cameras! ;p
    Yeah, yeah.. I'll get that photo when I have my new cornerdesk and monitor... I sure hope I can convince my parents that the U3011 is better for me than the U2711. (Yes, I have to pay it myself, but my parents don't like me spending that much money )

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I was more thinking of an image in the sense of a full drive's contents condensed into an easily reinstallable format. :P
    Thanks for clearing that up, would've never figured it out myself without some clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I've had this a few times. First thing to check, is whether you can see an LED inside the SSD casing. There should be a green one illuminated when powered on, and if there's a fault, a red one. If you can't see it, then OCZ have changed the casing design for the V3's from the V2's.

The other thing to check is if there's any firmware updates available for the drive. It sounds like it might be experiencing the sleep bug common with the SATA-3 Sandforce based drives. What you experienced is one common "expression" of this bug occurring, so it's worth checking the OCZ site for updates.

Also, make sure nothing is shorting in the system. This is quite unlikely, but it's still a possibility and could cause your SSD to "disappear" and then magically reappear in BIOS/POST.
    "sleep bug", the bug that the system can't wake up from sleep mode? I never use that, since it folds almost 24/7. And I updated the firmware literally yesterday

As for the LED.. I'm colorblind, didn't even know the WII used different colours LED for when it is on or off until a few weeks ago (we have a WII for 3 years now :P)

Anyway, going to bed again. Have to get up in 5 hours.

Never put a computer of mine to sleep or hibernation. Ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Yeah, yeah.. I'll get that photo when I have my new cornerdesk and monitor... I sure hope I can convince my parents that the U3011 is better for me than the U2711. (Yes, I have to pay it myself, but my parents don't like me spending that much money )

Thanks for clearing that up, would've never figured it out myself without some clarification
    Hate you. You of course italicized "cornerdesk" because you know how much I want one. You evil evil man!!
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    i put mine asleep twice to test it, once before and once after a firmware update (ocz vertex 2) and it hung both times, i've seen mention of changing the pll should help, but meh, never bothered with sleep (and i had no issue with updating the firware with windows 7 and programs on the drive (though i did backup just incase) :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    i put mine asleep twice to test it, once before and once after a firmware update (ocz vertex 2) and it hung both times, i've seen mention of changing the pll should help, but meh, never bothered with sleep (and i had no issue with updating the firware with windows 7 and programs on the drive (though i did backup just incase) :P
    Take sleep off your system so no one ever puts it to sleep! Perhaps a family member or someone walks by, why the hell is this thing on?! Bah I'll put it to sleep! You come back: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok All Trolling Aside.

Antec 900 Advanced Gamer Case, Soon to be replaced.
    Asus Sabertooth X58. Works like a charm "Will never go to gigabyte ever again".
    Intel i7 950 @ 3.07ghz
    HiS Radeon 5870Hd 2gig model
    6Gig Kingston Hyper X Tripple channel kit @1066mhz
    Seagate Momentus XT 500gig Hybrid Drive.
    And a 1TB Seagate 7200rpm Drive.
    Coolermaster 850W psu.
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

I would like to replace the Case because the fans are all switch speed fans.
    And the newer 902 has analog dials to control the front intake fans, and the other cases are all controlled digitally.

Looking at Antec 1200 v3 or Cooler master HaF-X.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    That's a neat little rig for the price, good work and gratz on your build . Few things...
    1) Pics? WE WANT PICS
    2) Where's the aftermarket cooler? 2500K's exist to be overclocked!
    Thanks!

I apparently cannot post any pics until I have posted more.. I'll get those up as soon as I am able.

Overclocking is so out of my realm of knowledge that I didn't even consider buying a better fan when I bought it.. I just heard from a friend it was one of the best "gaming" processors for the price. Maybe once I know a little bit more I'll grab a good fan and try it out. :P

Take sleep off your system so no one ever puts it to sleep! Perhaps a family member or someone walks by, why the hell is this thing on?! Bah I'll put it to sleep! You come back: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Hmm, how *does* one remove the sleep option from the shutdown menu? My system just BSOD's on me whenever I try to wake it from sleep. I've warned everyone in my house to never put it in sleep mode, but you know how people forget

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    Hmm, how *does* one remove the sleep option from the shutdown menu? My system just BSOD's on me whenever I try to wake it from sleep. I've warned everyone in my house to never put it in sleep mode, but you know how people forget
    My old system would forget its hard drives when it went to sleep, it was a problem with my motherboard Gigabyte x58-ud3r revision 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    \

Good question, I forget. I just know I removed the hibernate option. I guess you can always put a sign at your computer like "Touch and die, put to sleep and be tortured to death"... you know? Threats... amazing eh? :P
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombrage View Post
    Thanks!

I apparently cannot post any pics until I have posted more.. I'll get those up as soon as I am able.

Overclocking is so out of my realm of knowledge that I didn't even consider buying a better fan when I bought it.. I just heard from a friend it was one of the best "gaming" processors for the price. Maybe once I know a little bit more I'll grab a good fan and try it out. :P
    I Reccomend a Noctua, nh-d14

10+ Year Old Account

i live alone, nobody touches my baby, as i say, i only put it asleep after reading about the bugs, never would use sleep normally, just curious to see if mine was affected :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    i live alone, nobody touches my baby, as i say, i only put it asleep after reading about the bugs, never would use sleep normally, just curious to see if mine was affected :P
    So you're like the little kid standing in the kitchen when your parents tell you not to touch the hot stove...

"don't touch that"
    "why?"
    "because it's hot"
    *touch* "AAAAH!"
    "see? told you."
    at least that's how it went for me when I was little

---------- Post added 2011-09-06 at 08:39 PM ----------

Also: for removing (well, greying out) the sleep option: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/664882.htm
    Open gpedit.msc and go to Computer Configuration>Administrative
    Templates>System>Power Management>Sleep Settings

Enable "Turn Off Hybrid Sleep"

Disable "Allow Standby States (S1-S3) when sleeping"

It will appear greyed out on the menu
    That was written for Windows Vista but it worked for me in Windows 7 Professional

Corsair Graphite 600T - Amazing looking/functional case.
    Asus P8Z68-v Pro
    Core I7 2nd Gen 2600K OCed to 4.5ghz
    Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600mhz (but seems to have trouble running at 1600..which I'll be replacing with some ripjaws 8 8 8 24s this weekend)
    EVGA GTX 580s stock on SLI (probably OC these in the future)
    Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card - superb sound card for anyone looking to get a sound card btw, supports Dolby Digital Live, surround etc.
    Vertex 2 128gb SSD primarily for boot and other utilities.
    1TB WD Caviar Black SATA3/6gbps
    Corsair AX 1200W PSU
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit.

G700/G15 mouse keyboard.

Will be getting an Astro A40s this paycheck as my headset and I'll be set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    got my 4,5GHz oc down to 1,340V now. its looking better and better.

i think i might even try to aim for 4,8GHz now. just waiting for the srews for my h100 rad, so i can run push/pull
    OC'ing that high, what benefits are you seeing in wow with that over what you already have stock?