The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I could have sworn I read on overclockers.net or somewhere that 1.4v is when you start getting into the unsafe zone for the Sandybridges. My mistake. All these numbers get confusing. >_<
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    i thought intel had recommended no higher than about 1.525, 1.4-1.435 ish isthe recommended/usual number for 47x - 48/49x turbos though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    i thought intel had recommended no higher than about 1.525, 1.4-1.435 ish isthe recommended/usual number for 47x - 48/49x turbos though
    Until I find a new job, I won't be pushing my CPU any further and I am considering dropping it back down to 4.4GHz where I had 0 BSOD's when I got the proper voltages, every now and then when my computer is idling and folding via GPU, I've had BSOD's. 2 so far. If I get a new job though I might try and push 4.8GHz, because I know I plan to get Ivybridge next year anyways.
    "A flower.

My CPU's back at 3.3 GHz till I figure out how to operate the multiplier on Asus boards. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    My CPU's back at 3.3 GHz till I figure out how to operate the multiplier on Asus boards. :P
    Do elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Do elaborate?
    Rebuilt computer with the Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z motherboard I received. There are some quirks, and I am unused to navigating the UEFI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which part would you like some infoz about?
    "A flower.

How to jack up the multiplier. But I'll figure it out. Just need to stop being lazy and dawdle in the UEFI again already.

10+ Year Old Account
    ai tweaker > cpu management > punch in the number into the turbo multiplier box i think

seeing as i just potentially killed my mobo while testing overclocks, i can't be any more specific

you can basically jack it up to around 43x without touching any other settings too i think, depends on chip ofc

10+ Year Old Account
    How to jack up the multiplier. But I'll figure it out. Just need to stop being lazy and dawdle in the UEFI again already.
    If it is anything like the UEFI on my board, which I am sure it is since they are both Asus boards, go to Advanced, then to AI tweaker. Now if I could find the link to the one post on overclockers.net or whatever that helped me OC my Sandy, I'd give you it. It tells you how to do everything and is extremely helpful.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rebuilt computer with the Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z motherboard I received. There are some quirks, and I am unused to navigating the UEFI.
    mjum. You got the mobo I was soo thinking about getting. Though my mind was set for the P67 version as the Z68 seem to have poorer VRM design, 8+1. ASUS should know their shit though and there's probably a reason they scaled down on their z68s. Maybe they went overkill with the P67.

wahwah when Ivy bridge comes I'll probably get some fancy board with the newest chipset (if it has Thunderbolt). Arr saving up now, it's gonna be the fanciest smanciest motherboard on the market!

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    ai tweaker > cpu management > punch in the number into the turbo multiplier box i think

seeing as i just potentially killed my mobo while testing overclocks, i can't be any more specific
    Now this is interesting. You have tried CLR_RTC?

you can basically jack it up to around 43x without touching any other settings too i think, depends on chip ofc
    Probably. But ASUS got no problem Auto-ing the voltage up waay above sane limits. 4.3 shouldn't jack it up too high unless you got the mother of all bad chips, but it will probably be too high for the target clock anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    mjum. You got the mobo I was soo thinking about getting. Though my mind was set for the P67 version as the Z68 seem to have poorer VRM design, 8+1. ASUS should know their shit though and there's probably a reason they scaled down on their z68s. Maybe they went overkill with the P67.

wahwah when Ivy bridge comes I'll probably get some fancy board with the newest chipset (if it has Thunderbolt). Arr saving up now, it's gonna be the fanciest smanciest motherboard on the market!
    Gene-Z is a micro-ATX board.
    eATX is Extreme-Z.

I honestly found the board absolutely stuffed on every square inch, so I'm not surprised if some VRM went out the window in the process.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gene-Z is a micro-ATX board.
    eATX is Extreme-Z.

I honestly found the board absolutely stuffed on every square inch, so I'm not surprised if some VRM went out the window in the process.
    microATX board with Level 10 GT..... I'm confused. ;p
    "A flower.

Didn't have need for more, replaced a broken motherboard, has red features. o.o
    ...I like black and red combos. And I like building computers. I find it perfectly natural.

There's some odd quirks with the computer, but I'll figure those out. (I have to use the onboard powerswitch to boot at present, for example).

I'm wondering seeing if I can at all boot with the NH-D14 running passive. That'd be quiet as all hell. Discovered that was a vast majority of the noise in my computer, entirely by accident, when I was debugging to figure out what was shorting the motherboard and preventing me from booting. (It was P-led on frontpanel connector, for some reason. Still figuring that out.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I could have sworn I read on overclockers.net or somewhere that 1.4v is when you start getting into the unsafe zone for the Sandybridges. My mistake. All these numbers get confusing. >_<
    1.4v is the "safe" limit when using LLC. 1.52v is the "safe" limit without LLC (as under load it drops to about 1.4v on most chips). If you really wanted to know your CPUs "safe" limit, then load up no LLC and 1.52v vCore (max VID). Put the CPU under load and see what the vCore drops to. This is your "safe" limit while using LLC (so long as the LLC level doesn't increase vCore under load).

The word "safe" is in quotes through this post, as safety varies from person to person. Some people are willing to have a chip degrade quickly over time. Some people are willing to have their CPU die in a year because they will replace it anyway. These people have a different version of "safe" than people who want a CPU to last and not degrade over a few years.

PC Gaming setup:

IMG_2866 by kurfer, on Flickr

IMG_2904 by kurfer, on Flickr

IMG_2881 by kurfer, on Flickr

Console Gaming Setup:

DSC00685 by kurfer, on Flickr

IMG_2959 by kurfer, on Flickr

IMG_2921 by kurfer, on Flickr

Rolex Snob your pc gaming setup is kinda awkward, but console one is so damn awesome

Deleted
    Rolex Snob, you're not even kidding now are you?

That looks sweet man, but sure as hell costs a fortune.
    I'm jelly, very jelly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolex Snob View Post
    PC Gaming setup:

IMG_2866 by kurfer, on Flickr

IMG_2904 by kurfer, on Flickr

IMG_2881 by kurfer, on Flickr

Console Gaming Setup:

DSC00685 by kurfer, on Flickr

IMG_2959 by kurfer, on Flickr

IMG_2921 by kurfer, on Flickr
    Oh.... My... Fucking... GOD! THAT'S AMAZING!!!

---------- Post added 2011-09-25 at 08:53 PM ----------

You need to prove it tho. Take a picture of your monitor when it's on this thread.