Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    I typed in awesome computer in google.

Probably doesnt have amazing hardware but still looks cool!
    wuld love to have one of these

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    And it will age almost as quick at <50%. 70-80% is a good place to land.
    And it's hardly the only reason. The most prime reason is that people think that more = better. If I have a higher number on my PSU, my FPS will increase.
    Since it's the only number they come across that make sense to them, they incorrectly assume that having more is a good thing.

A good PSU won't have loud fans either way. The X-series from SeaSonic for instance, have fans that barely runs at all until 75% load, and only in high ambient temperatures. At 100% load, I think the fan runs at 33% or something like it.
    Stop using Toms Hardware for anything other than laughing at, then? I really can't take anything they're writing about hardware seriously. They are like the wow-insider of hardware.
    Yup, my Thermaltake Comet 780 watt power supply is dead silent on load, my MSI Twin Frozor HD 6870 fans are much louder.

Actually, speaking of GPU fans, I have a question. Has anyone ever changed the fans on a Twin Frozor card to something quieter? I know you can get VGA coolers, but I was more interested in the possibility of changing out the stock card fans for something that doesn't sound like a jet engine on load but still spins well enough to cool the card.

10+ Year Old Account
    My new 23" LED Asus monitor just arrived from Newegg today!
    The new monitor replaced a 3-4 year old 19" 1280x1024 monitor. The improvement is astounding. The very first thing i did after getting it set up is play Crysis, and i thought Crysis looked good already! I think i spent about 3 hours just messing around while my eyes were having orgasms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    My new 23" LED Asus monitor just arrived from Newegg today!
    The new monitor replaced a 3-4 year old 19" 1280x1024 monitor. The improvement is astounding. The very first thing i did after getting it set up is play Crysis, and i thought Crysis looked good already! I think i spent about 3 hours just messing around while my eyes were having orgasms.
    Must have felt nice to finally put that 570 to work, eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arisfarreach View Post
    Must have felt nice to finally put that 570 to work, eh?
    Without a doubt!
    My 570 has been begging me for a new monitor ever since i got it lol.

Without a doubt!
    My 570 has been begging me for a new monitor ever since i got it lol.
    Which model did you get? I'm on a X233H here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought the VH238H http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236117 $40.00 cheaper than a 23" Samsung i was about to buy at the local Costco. The new monitor size is going to take a bit of getting used to in WoW but it is perfect in FPS's.
    Last edited by pOO flinger; 2011-10-04 at 04:17 AM.

I bought the VH238H http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236117 $40.00 cheaper than a 23" Samsung i was about to buy at the local Costco.
    Blah, I read Acer up above, I'm tired. That's a nice screen, though. I remembered when I upgraded from a CRT to what I have now

10+ Year Old Account
    same monitor i have for my 570 :P

it's a beautiful monitor, got my xbox hooked up to the dvi port too (i never played my xbox on the tv coz it wasn't where i liked to sit) :P

yeah, i moved from a 17 inch laptop to this beast, the size does take getting used to, but you'll enjoy it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    Blah, I read Acer up above, I'm tired. That's a nice screen, though. I remembered when I upgraded from a CRT to what I have now
    Wow, now that is a big upgrade!

---------- Post added 2011-10-03 at 09:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    same monitor i have for my 570 :P

it's a beautiful monitor, got my xbox hooked up to the dvi port too (i never played my xbox on the tv coz it wasn't where i liked to sit) :P

yeah, i moved from a 17 inch laptop to this beast, the size does take getting used to, but you'll enjoy it
    The colors are so vibrant and amazing that there are a few times during Crysis and WoW today i caught myself squinting a bit lol.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really wish I could put a monitor like that right next to the one I have now and see how different they are. I love this one I have, it's awesome. It's an old Gatewa monitor from about 3 years ago almost now, 22" 1680x1050 UltraContrast 2000:1. HDMI support too. :3
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I really wish I could put a monitor like that right next to the one I have now and see how different they are. I love this one I have, it's awesome. It's an old Gatewa monitor from about 3 years ago almost now, 22" 1680x1050 UltraContrast 2000:1. HDMI support too. :3
    Welllll it is 3 years old soooooo that is a good raisin to upgrade to a new one.

i probably have the best set up over anyone here....check it

MAC FTW!
    Metal Crusader

Quote Originally Posted by superfloc View Post
    i probably have the best set up over anyone here....check it

MAC FTW!
    Have fun with your gam- oh wait.

<Mod Warning: Don't Spam.>
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-10-05 at 10:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welllll it is 3 years old soooooo that is a good raisin to upgrade to a new one.
    Gotta figure out the best upgrade for the money.... well first find a new job. Then I need to save up money. Then I need to just buy one of those nice Dell monitors and never look back. >_> They're 120hz too I believe, right? *drools*
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Gotta figure out the best upgrade for the money.... well first find a new job. Then I need to save up money. Then I need to just buy one of those nice Dell monitors and never look back. >_> They're 120hz too I believe, right? *drools*
    How much are those nice Dell monitors?

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe in excess of $400-500.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    You are correct that most high quality power supplies have their peak efficiency at around 50% load. You'll have to, however, take in account that when your system idles and the load drops below 20%, the efficiency rapidly decreases to around 50-60% as well (while your best efficiency was 90%). That's pretty serious if you consider that you spend plenty of time idling most of the time. And the difference between efficiency at 50% and 90% load is barely few percent. Will you be better of with 1000watt PSU instead 500watt one in the long run if the latter costs twice less, uses few percent more power under load but considerably less during idle periods?
    You have a vert decent point, about that the average PC might spend most of its time idling, that the 01:00 AM me didn't think of. But 50-60% efficiency at 20% load I just can't believe in since 80+ certification has efficiency requirements at low loads as well. Heck, they need 80% effieciency at 20% load to be 80+ certified.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regarding monitors, it's amusing to see that even the best monitors on Newegg have 90% of their negative feedback related to "inbuilt speakers aren't good" or something of the sort. I mean seriously, that's the equivalent of complaining about a motherboard "integrated graphics can't run Crysis, removing an egg for that". Jesus.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze