INTEL i7 2600K, SOCKET 1155
    ASUS P8Z8V- PRO
    GTX580 SLI 1536MB DDR5
    16GB DDR3 1600MHZ KINGSTON
    COOLERMASTER HAF922
    1k gb WD
    1000W CM

so happy just orderd my new pc

I'm waiting for the 6xx series Nvidia cards myself. Been hearing rumours about late Q1 release so not too long if it holds any truth You have to ask yourself, do you need more powerful card right now or can you hold on for couple additional months for something more awesome?

GTX 580 was around $625 when it launched and is now around $525, should be pretty close to what's 680 going to be, no?

How did the 480 hold up versus the 580? :U

And I'm not a very patient guy. If I have to wait until March it's too long! :P

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    The 600-series won't be out until mid-q2, hd7000-series is slated for release second week of Jan, with availability first week of Feb.
    The 480 is a lot closer to the 580 than the 580 will be to the "680".
    And there's also no guarantees that nVidia has the performance crown, as I'm thinking AMD actually wants it this generation. OTOH, they have until May to perfect it, so it might beat it after all.

The 480 was around 5000 SEK when it launched. The 5870 was around 3500 SEK when it launched.

Heh. Mostly wondering whether to care saving up, 's all. Else I'll always be waiting. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    The 600-series won't be out until mid-q2, hd7000-series is slated for release second week of Jan, with availability first week of Feb.
    The 480 is a lot closer to the 580 than the 580 will be to the "680".
    And there's also no guarantees that nVidia has the performance crown, as I'm thinking AMD actually wants it this generation. OTOH, they have until May to perfect it, so it might beat it after all.

The 480 was around 5000 SEK when it launched. The 5870 was around 3500 SEK when it launched.
    I heard that AMD was slating their first line of 7000 graphics cards for late December, though mainly lower end and mid range cards with their premier flagship cards coming early next year.

And I have never been of the notion that Nvidia is truly all that superior, I have maintained that for the last few years if you want to get what you pay for, AMD is the proper route and that Nvidia you pay a premium though they do have somewhat better driver support then AMD does. Nvidia has fallen short and needs to stop charging so much for their products if they want to fend off AMD.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2011-11-30 at 01:59 AM.

I heard that AMD was slating their first line of 7000 graphics cards for late December, though mainly lower end and mid range cards with their premier flagship cards coming early next year.
    That would match what they did with the 6k series. I got a 6870 the day after they came out, the 69xx cards didn't come out for another while after.
    Statism: Total bliss is just one more regulation away.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    And I have never been of the notion that Nvidia is truly all that superior, I have maintained that for the last few years if you want to get what you pay for, AMD is the proper route and that Nvidia you pay a premium though they do have somewhat better driver support then AMD does. Nvidia has fallen short and needs to stop charging so much for their products if they want to fend off AMD.
    Umm. What?

This might just be me, but their performance tend to match the price without any such premium. The GTX 560 ti is lesser in cost and performance to the HD 6950, while the GTX 570 is slightly above it again in both price and performance.

Or, in other words, there's a pretty finely tuned ladder of the cards on the sites I frequent. No premium. Despite nVidia apparently having distinctly better anti-alias features. ("Apparently," because it requires side by side comparison to notice as far as I'm concerned).

---------- Post added 2011-11-30 at 01:43 PM ----------

Either way, it rather sounds like it'll be a while before any high-range card is within what I'd consider a particularly affordable pricerange. ._. I still have plenty of time to think though, as the landlord's taking his time trying to crunch the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Idk but it runs BF3 in highest settings with 50-90 fps. it was only 648 euro's!! I cant check specs atm cause my hard drive decided to quit. he screwed me and gone home. I was able to get a new 1 for free because it was still under warranty. so I bought 3 pokeballs and started chasing him through facebook. after 34 days I finally arrived. after a short struggle he ran to his car and I threw my first pokeball. it missed him so I only had 2 chances left and I had to chase him. so I went back to my car and told my friend to drive while I was going to throw pokeballs at my hard drive. after I missed my second I had to climb out of the window and throw the last pokeball at my hard drive. my hard drive tried to push us of the highway but before he succeeded my friend gave me the chance to throw the pokeball. we crashed and everything went black.
    after what only felt for a second, something was moving in my pocket. I opened my eyes and saw I was in an ambulance. I reached into my pocket and felt the pokeball wich didnt contain my hard drive because it wasnt a pokemon. when I got out of hospital I decided to go to prison to see the hard drive and after months of planning, we broke out. I sent my hard drive away to the site where they made my computer at and I just got a new hard drive today.

* User was infracted for minor spam..
    Cool story bro.

* User was infracted. We discourage memes. There's also no point in responding to people whom clearly have been infracted.
    Last edited by tetrisGOAT; 2011-11-30 at 03:19 PM.

[email protected] | GeForce GTX 760 | 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB SSD | 1+2TB HDD | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 | Corsair CX V2 500W | NZXT Phantom | 2x 24" 1920x1080 | Qpad MK-80 MX Blue | Logitech G600

On an unrelated note, is this the most view thread of the boards? :O

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    On an unrelated note, is this the most view thread of the boards? :O
    Funny Pictures Megathread has 1.2mil views and the 3 MLP threads combined have over 4 million. The first MLP thread came close to beating the world's largest thread @ ~15k pages, and technically it has beaten it totaling around ~17k pages total.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Funny Pictures Megathread has 1.2mil views and the 3 MLP threads combined have over 4 million. The first MLP thread came close to beating the world's largest thread @ ~15k pages, and technically it has beaten it totaling around ~17k pages total.
    Ah. My bad then.

That said, I saw Linustechtips' video on BitFenix' Merc Alpha. I'm sadface to see it being rather... silly. No fan filters. Heck, no pre-mounted fans? And the top rad position's fan slots are separated by about a cm.

Welp, not gonna use that anytime soon then.~

I decided to take my computer out of its corner and give it a nice cleaning. After taking the case apart I decided I would snap a few pictures for this wonderful forum. Obviously the case is a bit disassembled as some of the parts (reservoir for example) are clearly sticking out of the case lol. I'm also pushing the space limits of my case, and also the space available in my room.

Whats in the rig:
    MB: ASRock P67 Extreme4
    CPU: 2600k
    GPU: GTX 570 Classified & a GTX 570 Superclocked in SLI
    Ram: 8 GB 1600 MHz Gskill ripjaws
    HDD: 2x Western Digital Blacks
    SSD:120gb Kingston HyperX / 90gb Corsair Force Series

Cooling: Rasa 240 CPU only watercooling loop. 4 fan Push pull bottom mounted radiator (not ideal but I'm extremely space constrained atm, temperatures are still excellent and very monitored).

CPU overclocking: 4.6 GHz, 1.36vcore
    GPU overclocking: Both cards at stock. While in SLI master card is at 822 clock. Assisting card at 800.
    Note: Down-clocking in SLI from using two cards with different clock speeds hasn't occured for many nvidia driver releases.

Average temps: 25ish C system
    CPU at 4.6GHz: 25 C idle, 55ish C at full load after 1+ hours
    GPU at full load 1+ hours: mid 60's from Master card, low 60's from secondary card.

A few shots of my rather cramped little rig. I also don't have the time to game really anymore so absolutely minimizing my temperatures has not been of great concern. Aka mounting my radiator out of case for example and not push-pulling down (lol).

^Damn nice rig bro! Looks like a Cooler Master chassis yeah? Which onnnnne?

Looks like CM 690 II if it's Coolermaster. But I don't recall it's frontpanel connectors being on the top there...

Yeah, it looks a lot like one, it might be the CM 690 (the original).. I was at a friend's house recently who had a CM 690 and there was quite a few things on top.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Yeah, it looks a lot like one, it might be the CM 690 (the original).. I was at a friend's house recently who had a CM 690 and there was quite a few things on top.
    It's not. My HyperV server is in a 1st Gen CM690. The front panel is on the top on it, but it's not oriented like that.
    Statism: Total bliss is just one more regulation away.

Really hard to tell what case it is just from the picture to be fair. :P

Yeah I know. :P His room was too damn dark.

---------- Post added 2011-11-30 at 04:34 PM ----------

There ya go. AREN'T THEY SO CUTE TOGETHER?!

here is mine

case - haf x
    mobo- asus maximus iv extreme z
    cpu - i7 2600k 4.8ghz
    ram - 8 gigs ripjaws 1600mhz
    gpu - dual 6870s crossfire
    psu - kingwin 1000w
    hdd - 2x wd cb 1tb raid 0 - fraps files + steam files *nearly 500gigs of steam games*
    hdd - velociraptor 500gb - misc storage
    ssd - vertex 3 120g - os + wow
    network card - bigfoot killer 2100

water cooling
    swiftech 3x120 rad | lanig d5pump | swiftech apogee rev2 cpu waterblock
    distilled water | red feser tubing 3/8 x 5/8 in/od | compression fittings
    ek spin reservoir

Still have a little bit of cable management to do, and some cable sleeves left to do but overall I'm happy with it. Runs great!

Looking for suggestions on what to upgrade next, most obvious is the 2 6870s. However not sure if I should spring for dual 590s or wait for 600 series as I want to go 3d with Nvidia.

Last edited by Flcrewpolo; 2011-12-01 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Fixed capitals/punctuation for those upset by it. =)