Quote Originally Posted by PJSand View Post
    . I'm not quite sure about that purple neon though....

Too much talk of saggy tubes in this thread imo.
    They are uv and the left 1 is hidden behind side panel other is getting moved to the back panel of the tower so not right up in the window gives the tubes a nice red glow at night

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    ^Damn nice rig bro! Looks like a Cooler Master chassis yeah? Which onnnnne?
    Nope it's actually the rosewill blackhawk case. Solid case overall for its price range, definitely no complaints. Well built and looks decent. Wiring is a bit tight though seeing its a pretty slim case.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811147107

Who makes the boxes that people so commonly put next to their power supply? To hide the cables and achieve a cleaner look. Or is it not for that at all and has some other purpose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yupholladay View Post
    Who makes the boxes that people so commonly put next to their power supply? To hide the cables and achieve a cleaner look. Or is it not for that at all and has some other purpose?
    It's just part of the case's features, i.e. HAF-X. It's not like you can get indepedent boxes because the area around each cases' PSU bay can be vastly different.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    It's just part of the case's features, i.e. HAF-X. It's not like you can get indepedent boxes because the area around each cases' PSU bay can be vastly different.
    Hrmmm I see. However, many cases have quite a bit of room around the PSU (seeing its almost required for cable management) I feel like it wouldn't be hard to make a somewhat compatible.......box.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh not at all, as simple as folding a piece of tin/aluminum into a box shape and spray-painting it :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    SLI 580 Lightning for 6gb total VRAM,
    I'm pretty sure VRAM does not stack over SLI nor Crossfire.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    It's sad, I've heard this as well.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    It doesn't. Which is also why HD6990 isn't really 4GiB and GTX590 isn't really 3GiB, but in reality half. 2GiB/1.5GiB per GPU.

Multi-graphic solutions store ones graphical memory in the other/rest of them as well.

It's because memory channels are quite dense, most of the circuit work on the PCB is memory channels into the GPU. It might be easier on a dual gpu card, but I don't see how it would ever be possible through an SLI/Crossfire bridge without seriously increasing the density of it's tracks. Shared memory channels on a single card with multiple GPU's would also lead to a staggering increase in it's footprint.

Might be possible in the future with higher density VRAM modules, smaller GPU construction processes and better materials used in the circuits allowing for them to be smaller with the same thermal and electrical characteristics. Or some sort of shared on board memory controller (similar idea as a RAID controller) that controlled how the GPU's access the VRAM, but that could add a performance overhead that's not acceptable right now.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2011-12-01 at 07:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Am not sure if this is considered as a gaming setup! but here it is...

Monitor: Dell 24 inch 1920x1200p theexpensife IPS one.
    Keyboard: Cheapo $15 keyboard.
    Mouse:Logitech G9x.

Idle.

Load, Lowest Fan speeds.

Load, Highest Fan Speeds.

Infracted. Please do not post images larger than 800px wide.
    Sorry Corrected.
    Last edited by Ryxxi; 2011-12-02 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kot0005 View Post
    Am not sure if this is considered as a gaming setup! but here it is...
    I'm gonna go ahead and say anything with a gtx 590 and a i5-2500k that are both on water is considered a gaming/work rig...

nice setup btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kot0005 View Post
    Infracted. Please do not post images larger than 800px wide.
    But its so pretty...
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Must... not.... rage.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I hate it when computer says no. Hope it'll get sorted out, Synthaxx. >_>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelly View Post
    But its so pretty...
    I agree - really nice lightning with the tubing (and that image was the correct size). (The infraction was for the screencaps, which were 1600x1000 images.)

I just realized a derp-factor.

If AMD's new flagship does release in January, when does the actual graphics card appear on the normal consumer market? I mean, Bulldozer and SB-E released, but they took well over a month before shops actually had the damn things.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    February or March I'd say, maybe April if it gets delayed. There is a demonstration event on Monday so hopefully it sheds some light on how far along they are in the development process and what kind of time line we can expect for releases. I really want to drop some money on a flagship card, or at least something substantially more powerful then my 6870.

Well, personally I'd love to make the jump to the next generation, watercool it when the block(s) become available, then call it a day on that section for a while ahead. :P

However, I'm not very patient, so entirely depending on when I get my money I might just get the GTX 580 instead, but perhaps the demonstration will make me want to wait.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2011-12-03 at 03:50 AM.

Here's my setup. Nothing flashy, but it plays everything, BF3 and Skyrim included, on ultra. Built it about a month ago.

I7 2700k[2600k was out of stock] Frio cooler
    Gigabyte Z68[3rd one, will never buy Gigabyte again]
    8gb gskill
    750gb caviar black
    570gtx superclocked
    HAF912
    Corsair 650W PSU
    27" Samsung SA550
    Klipsch 4.1

I'll be adding another gtx570 soon.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got all the chance to put her together yesterday, and I'm really enjoying it. Just waiting on the 2nd SSD so I can get some boost from putting them in a raid configuration, but otherwise it's good to go.

Corsair 600T case, took the window off and replaced it with the mesh panel and 4 120mm Enermax T.B. Silence fans
    Corsair H100 CPU cooler w/ 4 x Scythe 120x120x12mm 1.9k RPM slim fans in a push / pull configuration for the radiator
    Asus P9X79 Pro mothboard
    Intel i7-3930k CPU (Socket 2011, 6 physical cores) @ 3.2ghz OC'd to 4.1ghz, stable @ 4.5 just didn't have temp monitor installed until earlier wasn't gonna chance it
    16gb Patriot Gseries DDR3 RAM in quad-channel mode (8x2gb)
    EVGA GeForce GTX580 (1.5gb edition), after it runs stable for a week I'll throw the 2nd one in there
    Kingston HyperX SATA3 120gb SSD (OS & Games) - have a raincheck for a 2nd one to raid, they were just down to the last 1 yesterday =\
    2 x Western Digital 1.5tb SATA2 drives (storage)
    Vantech NexStar USB3 connected SATA dock (more usefulthat you'd think with over 11tb of HD space on my network)
    2 x optical drives (not sure which I'm keeping in there probably just the BR and the DVD-R)
    2 x Scythe fan controlers, a 6 channel and a 4 channel
    OCZ ZX series 1250w power supply, fully modular