10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    in the US we are taxed higher then we are supposed to be on our income(most but not all), this leads to the IRS (tax bureau) to have to hand out a refund check at tax time, most people love doing their taxes because it means a nice check in the mail from the government, this literally leads to more computer sales then black friday, it's just over the course of a few months
    Think it's similar with most countries, but the period where we get the check is different. I get mine in the summer.

---------- Post added 2011-12-07 at 05:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Even though that is borderline "too much lightshow" for my taste, I still find it extremely cool. The first shot of the interior with the H100 looks so excessively sexy in that blue light. Too bad the camera most likely doesn't do it justice.
    On the pics it definitely looks as too much of a lightshow IDD ^^. And I've ripped out the four fans on the side, atm have the plexi glass back there but I think I'll just put a 200mm fan there if I find a fan filter solution. Camera of the "Canon EOS 550D"-type class is on the list of stuff I eventually will need to get, but I want too much stuff and will have to prioritize ^^

One thing I have to say about the H100 is that the fans it comes with are LOUD and as soon as the Scythe GT 1850RPM fans are back in stock at my local store I will get them.
    Last edited by Wries; 2011-12-07 at 04:42 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    in the US we are taxed higher then we are supposed to be on our income(most but not all), this leads to the IRS (tax bureau) to have to hand out a refund check at tax time, most people love doing their taxes because it means a nice check in the mail from the government, this literally leads to more computer sales then black friday, it's just over the course of a few months
    Yeah, my first time after a year working at a minimum wage job, I got $700 in April of 2009. XD That was niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Boy I wish I'd been working this whole year... x_x

I have to agree with Marest about Wries' computer build, the LED-assault on my eyes is a little insane but some of the pictures look pretty nice.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Yeah, my first time after a year working at a minimum wage job, I got $700 in April of 2009. XD That was niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Boy I wish I'd been working this whole year... x_x

I have to agree with Marest about Wries' computer build, the LED-assault on my eyes is a little insane but some of the pictures look pretty nice.
    It looks way less assault-y IRL. Wanna come over and see? ^^ Light doesn't look as overwhelming up in person (and I don't have things as dark as the pics may suggest) but I'll admit to liking LEDs :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    It looks way less assault-y IRL. Wanna come over and see? ^^ Light doesn't look as overwhelming up in person (and I don't have things as dark as the pics may suggest) but I'll admit to liking LEDs :P
    Let me just pack my computer up for this little LAN-party!

And yeah, I know that my computer doesn't look as bad as some pictures might make it seem, however I've kind of grown out of LEDs, personally. Though I'd like to see what it would look like with all white LED fans.... hmmmm. Contrast of white on black. :3
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Firewalls. Who needs em?

red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Firewalls. Who needs em?

[IMG]snip[/IMG]
    The turret has simply just made my day. Thank you so much for this picture haha. The companion cube as well
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

Mainboard : Asus P8Z68 DELUXE
    Chipset : Intel Sandy Bridge
    Processor : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3400MHz
    Physical Memory : 16384MB (4 x 4096 DDR3-SDRAM )
    Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
    Hard Disk : SiImage SCSI Disk Device (110GB)
    Hard Disk : WD My Book 1140 (2000GB)
    DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH12LS35
    Monitor Type : Acer X193W - 19 inches
    Network Card : Intel Cougar Point Ethernet Controller
    Network Card : Ralink Technology RT2860 802.11n Wireless LAN Card
    Network Card : Realtek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
    Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate Professional Media Center 6.01.7601 Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
    DirectX : Version 11.00
    Windows Performance Index : 7.8 on 7.9

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Firewalls. Who needs em?

I want!

Link shops!

I feel dorky for first noticing the generic lion symbol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    I want!

Link shops!
    http://www.thinkgeek.com

Finally got around to taking my pc apart to reapply the thermal paste, correct the fans (had 4 intakes, 1 exhaust. They should color those directions instead of blending them into the plastic), and RMA my soundcard. Then when I had everything back together, my pc decided to boot. Found out it was the front connectors were placed wrong. Then I put it back together for a second time only to find out the ssd drive wasn't in properly. When I fixed that, I went to overclock it to 4.7 (from 4.5) only to find out my RAM timings were set to 11-11-11-28 (how that happened I don't know). On top of all this, I found out my camera has a bad battery that I need to replace, so I apologize for my iPhone camera quality. I'll try to update it tomorrow when I fix my camera.

Specs:

Case: Cooler Master HAF X
    CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K (OC'd to 4.5. Still working on the correct settings for 4.7. Probably won't happen til I replace my CPU cooler or get a water cooling setup. Either way, it runs 4.5ghz stable at 60C).
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8
    Motherboard: ASRock P67 EXTREME4 (B3)
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB
    GPU: Sapphire 6970 2GB
    PSU: Corsair HX750 (750w)
    HDD1: Intel 510 SSD 120GB
    HDD2: Western Digital 1TB Black
    Soundcard: HT | OMEGA CLARO Plus+
    TV Tuner: Ceton InfiniTV 4 (4 tuner CableCard tv tuner)
    Recorder: Hauppauge HD PVR 1212
    Tablet: Wacom Intuos 6x8

Keyboard: Logitech G15 (original blue)
    Mouse: Logitech G5
    Monitor: Dell U2410 24" IPS Monitor
    Headset: Logitech G35 (gaming)
    Headphones: Ultrasone HFI-580 (trance) / Audio Technica ATH-AD700 (other music)
    Speakers: Logitech Z5500

I've got a pretty lame system. I built it 4 years ago and just upgraded the mainboard/CPU/RAM on this last Black Friday. Still need a new video card and an SSD.

(up to date parts)
    Mainboard: Gigabyte Z68AP-D3
    CPU Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.1 Ghz
    RAM: PNY 8 GB @ 1600 Mhz, CAS9
    PSU: Ultra 750 watt

(outaded parts)
    Video Card: BFG GeForce GTX 260 216-core (next on the list for upgrade)
    HDD: 2x Seagate 500GB 7200 RPM
    CPU Cooler: Stock i5 cooler

10+ Year Old Account
    @Adorada, for the record, your SSD doesn't need to actually be held in place, SSDs have no moving parts and therefore don't need to be all super secure like HDDs. Only if you'll be tipping your computer upside down would I suggest you at least tape it down. :P
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    lols I used my Dad's Craftsman drill to make some of the screwholes in my HAF X big enough when I got some newer fans a while back. Twas fun!

Here is when I took my computer to a friend's house and this is when we plugged it into his computer to do a full clean, which took like 10 minutes at least, to fully undo the GPT partition.

Notice how it is hanging by the power cable and data cables. :P Yeah it's in its bracket but we didn't feel like taking it out, pointless.

"A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    /cast revive thread

*cellphone camera sucks I know, am soo sorry*

Pics from initial installation of the Corsair mesh panel for the 650D case. Replacing the window. I think I'll occasionally just switch back to the window just because the mesh panel simply isn't needed for keeping temps in check.. but wth cool thing..

No more camera "flash" so the following pics look well.. very dark..
    I control two fans at a time with an Y-cable from fan controller. Hi-tech.

And the insides since switching to Corsair H100. Push/pull DID fit in a 650D with an ASUS motherboard. I was getting reports that it simply would not.
    are all 4 of your fans spining when you let the h100 control the fans in you push/pull?

mine will only let 2 of my 4 fans work. i have tryed all the 120 mm fans i have and every time it will only let 2 fans work at the time. i have allso tested all the sticks in the h100 and all 4 works as long as i only have 1 or 2 fans installed in it.

one of my friends have the same problem, so he is sendning hes to repair. the only problem with that for me is, that i threw out the stock cooler for my CPU, so if i send it to repair i have no cooler and he did the same with hes

ATM im runing my push/pull on a Zelman fan controller, wich is working perfect, but it still bugs me that my h100 can`t controll 4 fans
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Real men use a gluegun just because sticking your SSD's down permanently is an awesome idea. And if you don't want to drill holes for a fan - NO PROBLEM!
    I have mine stuck down with thick double-sided tape. Fits nicely on the back of the motherboard tray out of the way
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Got most of this in my sig but I'll give some more details here:

Cooler Master 942 HAF X (with additonal 200mm top fan for total 2 intake + 3 exhaust fans)
    ASUS P8Z78 V-PRO
    i7 2600K OC'd to 4.4GHz
    Corsair A70 CPU Air Cooler
    8GB DDR3 1600MHZ Corsair Vengeance
    EVGA GTX 570 2.5GB
    Corsair 750HX PSU
    120GB Intel 320 SSD
    750GB WD Caviar Black
    500GB WD Caviar Black
    Additional Red LED internal lighting

Logitech G15 keyboard

Logitech Mx518 Mouse

Razer eXactMat gaming mouse pad

Razer Nostromo programable game pad

Razer Characias Head Set

24" Acer Monitor @ 1920x1080 res

(Pics comming soon when I get a decent camera to use)

Edit:
    Increased my CPU over clock to 4.4GHz.
    Last edited by Organoth; 2011-12-28 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Update CPU over clock info
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

10+ Year Old Account
    Excellent rig, but you realize that's a 200mhz overclock (5%) right?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    It could be his/her first time with CPU overclocking and might just be getting the feel of it before going higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Not exactly as by default the CPU should only go to 3.8 on one core when it can put all other cores into a resting state. I'd say it's a 500MHz OC since the turbo with all four cores on default will be 3.5.