The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fierae View Post
    What on earth you use that for is anyone's guess. I can't imagine the Quadro architecture is particularly efficient at rendering games.

All that and no solid state drives too??
    Search for ispano's computer.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Search for ispano's computer.
    That doesn't really answer his question, though.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalis71 View Post
    you need 15mm spacing between both wholes to fit a 240mm radiator. I would buy a NH-D14, the performance is about the same, it's cheaper and you don't need to replace the fans for silence/performance like the H100 because the D14 already has amazing fans. That makes it even cheaper.. Not sure if it fits the define mini but I wouldnt be suprised. It fits alot of cases!
    The NH-D14 won't fit into a Define Mini, it's far too big. I was going to see if I could get a Frio off my friend since he isn't using it, but I don't think it will fit either. I need to do some measuring as those kinds of coolers use 120mm fans but generally protrude an additional 10-20mm on top. I will probably just go for the H80 since it will fit properly, alternatively the NH-C12P would work but I am not a big fan of that kind of cooler for overclocking when it comes to noise and heat generation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The NH-D14 won't fit into a Define Mini, it's far too big. I was going to see if I could get a Frio off my friend since he isn't using it, but I don't think it will fit either. I need to do some measuring as those kinds of coolers use 120mm fans but generally protrude an additional 10-20mm on top. I will probably just go for the H80 since it will fit properly, alternatively the NH-C12P would work but I am not a big fan of that kind of cooler for overclocking when it comes to noise and heat generation.
    We discussed this awhile ago with Asera. I think it was a super tight fit, but it fit.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    We discussed this awhile ago with Asera. I think it was a super tight fit, but it fit.
    That was with a Define R3 though. I never discussed the Define Mini before.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    NEED MOAR PICTURES!!!

/end caps lock

Actually planning on contacting an old colleague who's got some really fun camera equipment.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Need some help picking out some new RAM for my main gaming PC.

The memory I'm currently using was from my previous gaming PC build a few years back, and I just kinda stuck it into my new system because I had plenty off it lying around, just wanted to get her up and running figured I'd worry about it later. The RAM is the weak point in my system, but I'm not 100% sure how much it's hindering my performance so I wanted to see what you guys suggested to replace it with. I'd like to hold off as long as I can so I can save up a bit of cash, just ordered a 3rd GTX580 for 3-way SLI so it's gonna be a cheap month for other purchases.

I'm looking to get 8 sticks for running in quad channel mode, 16gb-32gb total, doesn't really matter much.

Current build...

CPU - Intel i7 3930k 3.2ghz running @ 4.55ghz ATM, cooled with a Corsair H100
    Memory - 12gb Patriot DDR-3 @ 693mhz, 9-9-9-24 timing
    Motherboard - Asus P9X79 Pro
    GPU1 - Evga GTX580 1.5gb model @ 797mhz
    GPU2 - Evga GTX580 1.5gb model @ 797mhz
    Storage - 2 x Kingston HyperX SH100S3 120gb SSDs in RAID 0 configuration, 2 x Western Digital 1.5tb

I'm looking to try and stay under $250 for the memory, the cheaper the better without sacrificing speed or quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, nice to see another X79 build! You could definitely use some quad channel RAM to do that build justice. ;p

I've got three options for ya... (Corsair RAM fanboi version, someone else can post RAM from other companies if they see fit.)

First of all and the cheapest option I'm suggesting, is a quad channel 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance pack clocked at 1600MHz with 9-9-9-24 timings, for $90. So you could buy two of these if having 32GB of RAM is at all important to you.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820233143

Second, we have the next step up, another quad channel 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance (red series) pack clocked at 1866MHz with 9-10-9-27 timings, so slightly worse timings but for higher clock.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820233236

Finally we go up to the big daddies, the Corsair Dominator series. 4x4GB, 1600MHz but also with 7-8-8-24 timings, so an improvement on the above.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820233253

Honestly, I would personally just suggest one of the first 2 unless you want to do a lot of benchmarking, then go with the 3rd. RAM is getting so cheap nowadays, and it all comes down to what speeds/timings you want.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    That looks like a very uncomfy desk to play on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only Corsair RAM fanboy, more like 3-inch heatsink fanboy too :P could've atleast gone for the low-profile stuff, e.g. the 16gb kits available from G.Skill and Mushkin.
    Someone getting into an X79 build should already be well aware of what they're wanting out of their components IMO. You can get the lower-latency stuff like 1600mhz CL7 (and tighten them to CL6 even) or the higher-frequency like 1866/2133mhz at the downside of CL9 or higher...you could try bringing it down but those modules are already running at 1.6-1.65v.

In other news, UPDATE TIME! Firstly my very first laptop:
    Name: The Antimac
    Model/mobo: Asus N55SF Series
    CPU: i5 2430M @ 2.4ghz
    GPU: GT555M 2gb
    Display: 1600x900 LED
    SSD: Intel 320 Series 160gb
    Mouse: Logitech G400, because I loved MX518
    Wallpaper: The best one in the goddamn world.

I love SSD stickers, but the Intel one was huge and silly:

So I cut away all the kiddish "speed demon" crap and left just the important bit: (not perfect but it'll do :P)

My gaming setup with the new monitor. The photo makes it look glossy/reflective, but in reality I don't have any light sources in the background so the glare is minimal.

And not really my "gaming setup", but I probably love this more than my gaming setup - where would I be without a portable source of eargasms?
    Cowon J3 + Sennheiser IE7 (because I couldn't afford IE8)

Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-01-07 at 12:19 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Not only Corsair RAM fanboy, more like 3-inch heatsink fanboy too :P could've atleast gone for the low-profile stuff, e.g. the 16gb kits available from G.Skill and Mushkin.
    Pff. Who cares how big the heatsinks are when he's using a water loop? (Albeit a closed loop) but still, it doesn't matter. Plus Corsair's Dominators look cool.

---------- Post added 2012-01-07 at 12:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by alilei31 View Post
    keyboard tray.
    Ick. Why would any gamer use a keyboard tray? >_<
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Pff. Who cares how big the heatsinks are when he's using a water loop? (Albeit a closed loop) but still, it doesn't matter. Plus Corsair's Dominators look cool.
    well, the reality is that no ram needs to be watercooled, that's just a fun "because i can" gimmick, like water cooled power supplies, even the fans are gimmicky, the natural airflow within a case is enough to cool memory with any heatsink

10+ Year Old Account
    Well idk where I said he was water-cooling his RAM, I was just posting him some RAM options, and all I said was the heatsinks look cool. ;p I am well aware you don't really need to actively cool your RAM. :P
    "A flower.

So I'm curious, think the Magicool 180 rads will fit in the Raven 01? Yes, the first in the series, not the second, the third or other variations.

I'm thinking of mounting up to three of them in the bottom when the case arrives. One underneath each existing 180, and another in front of the powersupply. This one is the one I'm uncertain if will fit properly. Totally see it as being a tight fit though, but as long as the darned things can actually fit then I can probably figure the rest out one way or another. This to cool a mere HD 7970 (gonna order it on monday, yay) and i5 2500k.

For reservoir and pump I'm thinking a combo, probably with the Laing D5 pump, unless someone got some ideas of where I'd mount the equipment otherwise.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    My desk, now with more triple monitor threat! Energy bills inc!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have your mouse pad.

And my mouse's wheel glows blue too.

Why do you have 3 off-sized monitors, though? <_>
    "A flower.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because that's my monitor collection over the years, would be good if I had some reason to use the 18.5 inch screen, but since it's worthless to sell, along with the 22 since they are 3 and 2 years old respectively. I'd like to sell them but I doubt I would get anything for them, 25 bucks maybe for the 18.5 and 60 for the 22 I'd assume. I'd love to sell them and get another 25 inch, but even that isn't really needed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalis71 View Post
    heres some better pics... the camera doesn't pick up the uv effect well but whatever, I have 4 uv cathodes in there, can't see them when the door is on. Can't wait to replace the graphics card and get a waterblock+a 200mm rad
    The UV screen glare would make me rage.

I just replaced my monitor a bit and you can't see it