Love these threads, pointless as can be, you post it, nobody reads it or cares, but you still do it anyway.

CPU : I7 2600K
    GPU : Radeon HD6970
    Memory : 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz
    Sound : Presonus Firestudio
    Monitor : Samsung Syncmaster 24inch
    Mouse : Razer Naga
    Keyboard : Logitech cheapy thing
    Motherboard : ASUS Sabertooth P67
    Case : Fractal Design Define R3
    Power Supply : OCZ ZX Series 850w
    Harddrives : Western Digital, 2TB worth 7200RPM, 3 drives.

Awesome computer, in a few months new people posting in this thread will be looking down apon me and my outdated hardware.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

your rig looks great big post pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Love these threads, pointless as can be, you post it, nobody reads it or cares, but you still do it anyway.

Awesome computer, in a few months new people posting in this thread will be looking down apon me and my outdated hardware.
    i dont find them pointless, but as it has been stated many times pics are better, if we take your computer for example, looking at the parts most of us know what it looks like and how it performs, but it's how you put it together that matters

while i know there are a few computers similar to mine, i know that mine looks unique, and from that, others can draw upon ideas on how to setup their own rigs in the same way that i was inspired by pictures of others

this sharing of ideas and design preference from around the world and the ability to have often very off topic discussions related to them is what separates this thread from most others on other forums,

and compared to say EVGA's ModsRigs, which allows you to post some pics, and a detailed list of how much you spent on your gold plated torx case screws, this one is laid back enough that anyone can post, even if they have an average dell

CPU : I7 2600K - Onboard OC.
    Cooler: Hyper 212+
    GPU : GTX 570 1.25g EVGA Classified x2 - SLI
    Sound : Onboard
    Monitor : LG 23" HD Monitor
    Mouse : LG G5
    Keyboard : Bog standard
    Motherboard : ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro
    Case : Antec 902
    Power Supply : 1000w (can't remember the damned brand off hand).
    Hard Drives : Western Digital, 2TB worth 7200RPM. Also 512MB in Raid 0. SSD coming.

I'll try and get some images for peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    oooh shiney
    Very shiny! I actually thought it would leave fingerprints, but I think I'd have to grease up my hands quite badly to do it, since it kinda just "went away" when I tried.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that our first HD7000 series owner? Gratz!
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Lawl, I got it the day after release, even posted pictures here, but because I tried to post the pictures not "quite" long enough after my previous post it got merged with it. :3

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This kind of annoys me as it is not at all the case, just look back the past few pages and you'll find people actually have discussions and talk about their computers quite extensively in here, as Cyanotical pointed out. We definitely do not have 5,431 posts of different computers in here, or even near that at all.

---------- Post added 2012-01-13 at 12:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    My beautiful thread is almost at 300 page updating due to me getting a gtx590 and a puppy......yes a cute little poodle puppy. and who put all the pretty red letters in my first post......there pretty.
    And the first poster came back to make a return, can't wait to see some updated pictures!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I was thinking of getting a 7970, but I ended up getting a Galaxy Nexus instead. Lol.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I was thinking of getting a 7970, but I ended up getting a Galaxy Nexus instead. Lol.
    You got A WHAT Asera?! A 7970 would have been such a great addition to the folding team and your already impressive numbers.
    "A flower.

Well, f@h don't support 7000 series yet anyway. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    You got A WHAT Asera?! A 7970 would have been such a great addition to the folding team and your already impressive numbers.
    I couldn't justify the price tag. Plus, half my points are from a GTS250, which is at work. I am not putting a 7970 in my office machine.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure it will be supported soon, Drunken. :P

@Asera, certainly not in your office machine! You can still have your computer fold when you sleep though or are not gaming/compressing/etc.
    "A flower.

I noticed it said tesselation was set to normal, so I thought I'd like to see what tesselation actually does visually...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I noticed it said tesselation was set to normal, so I thought I'd like to see what tesselation actually does visually...
    Makes shit bumpier. No really, that's all it does. Oh and kill performance.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

I already noticed from viewing the Heaven benchmark. Tbf, it's a really nice effect at times (such as the dragon statue, which suddenly looks far more amazing), but I would be the first to admit this really did require something to push it like that.

And I'm not so sure I'm hooked on it. It's really pretty when you're just viewing the scenery, but it seems impractical in actual play. Don't bump maps achieve the same, but are less demanding?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    This kind of annoys me as it is not at all the case, just look back the past few pages and you'll find people actually have discussions and talk about their computers quite extensively in here, as Cyanotical pointed out. We definitely do not have 5,431 posts of different computers in here, or even near that at all.
    This.

Also for first time builders like myself. I read every post and coment from about 2 months out to get an idea on where people might cut corners on cost and gear they might use instead of something from recomended builds. I really do have this post mainly to thank for ideas and help with what to splurge on and what to skimp on for my first build.

CPU : I5 2500k
    Cooler: Zalman CNPS9700
    GPU : GTX 560TI
    Memory : 8GB (2x4) G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600MHZ
    Motherboard : AS Rock Z68 X3G3
    Case : CM HAF 922
    Power Supply : Corsair TX650
    Hard Drives : Crucial M4 128G SSD and WD Caviar Black 1TB

Will post picks after it's put together.

In light of recent posts, here is a pic from when I built it.

However, in the pic the power supply is an Artic Power 700w, and the graphics card is a Powercolor Radeon HD3870, both of which have since been replaced (with the OCZ ZX Series 850w and a Powercolor Radeon HD6970). I had to buy those parts later as I ran out of cash on the initial build and donated those parts from my old system, it was built as a recording system for music, so graphics card was less important, but since i'm a big gamer I just have to have it!. It's also missing 2 harddrives in the pic, as I didnt move them over from the old system until later.

You can also see from the pic that the Noctua DH-14 heatsink + fans, on the side with the memory the corsair memory is too big, I couldnt be bothered to send them back (would have got the smaller G.skill modules) so instead I modified it (the fan) to fit.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-01-13 at 06:09 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finally finished my build, turned out pretty good ^^

CPU : I7 2500K with Swiftech Apogee XT waterblock.
    GPU : 2x Radeon HD6970 With EK Waterblocks
    Sound : Asus Xonar D1
    Monitor : BenQ 21inch, T2210HD. 3 of them in Eyefinity mode.
    Keyboard : Razer Lycosa
    Motherboard : ASUS P8P67 Pro
    Case : Lian Li 343B
    Power Supply : Corsair AX 1200
    Harddrives : Western Digital, 128GB SSD, 650GB Caviar Black and one 500GB
    Cooling: 2 watercooling loops, 1 for the CPU and 1 for the GPUs. Keeps it all cool.

Leaving my 2500K@4.4GHz for now and leaving my GPU at stock for the moment. I might try to clock them higher later, but they perform well enough at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by overcaffeinated View Post
    I don't get why people like you feel they need to chime in and tell the OP how useless his post was. If it was that useless why did you spend your 2 minutes to craft a response instead of 2 seconds to hit your "back" button?
    I7-4770K, ASUS Maximus VI Formula, SLI EVGA GTX780Ti, AX1200, Kingston V300 240GB, watercooled!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skesh View Post
    Also for first time builders like myself. I read every post and coment from about 2 months out to get an idea on where people might cut corners on cost and gear they might use instead of something from recomended builds. I really do have this post mainly to thank for ideas and help with what to splurge on and what to skimp on for my first build.
    *Build*
    Glad we could help out! Your build DEFINITELY looks like one that has been influenced by all of us and our cumulative votes for best parts for money and such, the CNPS9700 CPU cooler was also the first one I intended to get but Micro Center was out or something, so they cut me a break on the 9900, you should be happy, great coolers! Your rig is close to an imitation of mine. :P Though I'd prefer to have your MoBo and HDD. Looking forward to pictures! Oh yeah and which 560 Ti did you go with?

---------- Post added 2012-01-13 at 08:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nidor View Post
    CPU : i5-2500K with Swiftech Apogee XT waterblock.
    GPU : 2x Radeon HD6970 With EK Waterblocks

Leaving my 2500K@4.4GHz for now and leaving my GPU at stock for the moment. I might try to clock them higher later, but they perform well enough at the moment.
    hehe, I can't imagine this will be too much of a problem. ;p
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2012-01-13 at 08:25 PM.
    "A flower.