The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Additionally, they're horrid for cable management according to Deltrus.
    I think that is actually according to this forum at large or at least some people. I recall reading that at least one of those TJ cases, I think the 07, doesn't have very good cable management options/space.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I just want to say that I just got a sexy ass new computer and WoW is completely rejuvenated for me. My old computer was a 5 year old laptop that had to run wow on the lowest possible graphics and still only got about 10 fps....that was the most frustrating part of WoW for me. Now that I can play on high graphics, sadly not ultra but still soooooooo much better than what i was used to. It's like a whole new game. My eyes can finally relax and my rogue doesn't suffer from lag when i'm trying to get behind a target. =)

Irony: The TJ07 are so popular in modding circles that the whole "unique" idea is moot.

Also, they may be good for modding, but the TJ07 apparently wasn't very impressive with the reviewers, who discovered its mobo tray to be a little... loose? Even when screwed in place, it would wiggle easily. Additionally, they're horrid for cable management according to Deltrus.
    The case is old, it doesn't have as many features as cases these days. That's why you paint the inside, cut holes for cables management, etc. It is popuplar in the modding community but that's why you mod it, to make it unique. Everyone will be getting the cosmos, and it will be hard to mod and make it look different compared to the TJ07 which has room for alot of mods. I love how the TJ07 looks but I don't like the Cosmos lol :P whatever it's not my build. You could also get a case labs for the same price and have alot more rads
    Last edited by aisatsana; 2012-01-15 at 09:57 PM.

Everyone will be getting the Cosmos II? I think this is a great exaggeration. The case costs about 50% more than the 800D, which is a case already most people are unwilling to pay for.

The Cosmos II plain falls into a specific niche market. Too expensive for most people. And the crazies jump into the TJ07 or, worse yet, TJ11.

This

NZXT Havik 140 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-D3 Motherboard
    NZXT Hale82 650W Power Supply
    Intel 320 Series 120GB SSD
    Logitech G510 Gaming Keyboard
    Aerocool VX-E Pro Limited Edition Case
    Pioneer BDR-206 Blu-Ray Disc Writer OEM
    ICY BOX 3.5in Multiport Panel with Card Reader
    Scythe Kaze Master Ace 5.25" Fan Controller Black
    Viewsonic VX2453MH-LED 23.6in LED Monitor
    Razer Orochi Black Chrome Bluetooth Gaming Mouse
    D-Link RangeBooster N 650 Desktop Adapter
    ROCCAT Sense Glacier Softpad Fiber Coated Mousepad
    Corsair Vengeance CMZ16GX3M4X1600C9 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3
    Logitech LS21 2.1 Speaker System
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with SP1 OEM
    Intel Core i7 2600K
    VTX3D Radeon HD6970 2GB X-Edition
    Seagate Barracuda 1TB ST31000524AS
    LG E2441V-BN 24inch LED Widescreen Monitor

will be turning up at my place today /hoorah!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I've met more people who say the following than how they want to get the Cosmos 2 (and mean it!)

"I just can't come to the want to pay $100 for a case man! Like what's it going to do that's worth so much?"
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone will be getting the Cosmos II? I think this is a great exaggeration. The case costs about 50% more than the 800D, which is a case already most people are unwilling to pay for.

The Cosmos II plain falls into a specific niche market. Too expensive for most people. And the crazies jump into the TJ07 or, worse yet, TJ11.
    when i called tigerdirect to preorder the cosmos 2 i was the first one to actually place an order, they have had lots of interest, but almost no purchases, which is typical of high end cases, lots of interest, but few buyers

personally i love the TJ12 concept, but i dont think i would ever buy it, unless i wanted to make a folding monster SR-2/X with 7 gtx-590's

there is also issues with the TJ07 and TJ11, at over $500 for the case i might as well bypass that whole class an skip straight into a LD or Caselabs case

personally i like the LD tower with the built in phase changer, black exterior and red interior, but i don't like it enough do drop $1500-2000 on it

10+ Year Old Account
    How soon should the Cosmos 2 be arriving? I expect a full build log here. Drunkenvalley will also be doing a build log.... sadly not with a Cosmos 2 though. /uninterested now lol
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    How soon should the Cosmos 2 be arriving? I expect a full build log here. Drunkenvalley will also be doing a build log.... sadly not with a Cosmos 2 though. /uninterested now lol
    rumor is that they will be shipping them out the 20th or the 25th

---------- Post added 2012-01-15 at 06:44 PM ----------

although, i find the idea of a build log funny, when i hear "buildlog" i think of something that takes days or weeks to build, i build computers in a couple hours, not really step by step log worthy

10+ Year Old Account
    step-by-step pictures. Gogo.
    "A flower.

Looking forward to seeing your build. Black and red theme?

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet he'll pull another black and white theme... black and red is AMD. ;p
    "A flower.

Yeah because the processors decide which color to pick, lol. He bought a rampage 2011 so I'm guessing he would go for a black and red build. Single sleeving the cables black and red would be sweet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh it would, I just am pretty sure he likes him some white. :P
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    actually i bought clear tubing for the waterloops, , but everything else should be black/red/chrome

im probably gonna drop the black/white look, there are too many issues with it, the solid white tubing makes bleeding air bubbles a pain, and the NZXT fans are not very good, i already have one with a bearing going out and they are only a few months old

im probably gonna go with CM excaliber or R4 PWM fans, and mount them in a pull only configuration, but i may hold off on this till i can get a hold of a corsair link kit, there is no point using PWM fans on the MB if the onboard software cant link a set of fans to the GPU temp, the corsair link can

10+ Year Old Account
    ooooh well this is a change of things! :O
    "A flower.

It's not like having white tubing makes bleeding that much harder lol, you can look at your res and be fine. The bubbles go out after a couple of days anyways. The excalibur fans are great from what I have heard. If you want red LED fans check out the phobya fans, they look nice. A frozenq res would look so sick too, lol anyways I'm just throwing out some ideas.

You can get something similar or even better than the corsair link http://www.t-balancer.com/english/index.htm

10+ Year Old Account
    The Phobya black and red fans are literally the pr0n of fans. Those things are gorgeous, the dark red is nice and not too tacky, and they seem to do pretty decent as well.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalis71 View Post
    It's not like having white tubing makes bleeding that much harder lol, you can look at your res and be fine. The bubbles go out after a couple of days anyways. The excalibur fans are great from what I have heard. If you want red LED fans check out the phobya fans, they look nice. A frozenq res would look so sick too, lol anyways I'm just throwing out some ideas.

You can get something similar or even better than the corsair link http://www.t-balancer.com/english/index.htm
    i had a frozenQ res when i first built my current rig, total junk, i will never buy anything from them again, low quality seals for the center light, meant that i could not fill it all the way to the top without water leaking down the light housing

also, the actual res ended up cracking and nearly shattering in my hand when i removed it

they look nice for shows, but other then that they are low quality junk

For the price they cost, I'm surprised. I'm happy I went with the XSPC dual bay res, doesn't look the best but the price is great.. as with most XSPC stuff.