That's unfortunate Deltrus. Offer to sell it to a friend, after being fixed, and then put that money toward the Cosmos?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, though I don't have too many friends who are into building computers and such, or would even care. >_< I have a feeling I'd have to spend the $350. =/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Well, put it up on Ebay or something. If you are going to get the Cosmos 2 anyway, which it seems you are leaning toward, you might as well get any money from it that you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. I think for now I'm going to just wait and see how I feel in a couple months or so when I have the money all set in stone and ready. Afterall I've put a lot of money into getting replacement fans for my HAF X and the Cosmos 2 doesn't support most of them, unfortunately.
    "A flower.

Deltrus, I'm in your shoes right now. Just finished my new build (for the most part) and not really happy with my HAF X ><

So when it comes time to upgrade my girlfriends guess who's getting a HAF X! lol

Tomorrow my HDD comes in and will do some rewiring then post some pics finally!

It will work itself out Deltrus. Maybe when you are ready to switch it up the price of the Cosmos 2 will be lower or you can get a nice rebate with it, or both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps.

@googz, I wish it was just a case of not liking the HAF X. =S Mine personally is faulty, my graphics card only has one screw holding it in while my sound card is only held in via sitting in the PCIe slot. x_X
    "A flower.

Was yours one of the ones that had the ATX holes improperly aligned?

I'm not happy with the quality really. My 960 from back when is looks and feels solid... I'm just not getting that with the HAF X.

2 of my 5.25 covers were broke (all good cause they're being used anyways)
    The slider on the top panel just feels cheap.
    The tooless 5.25 mechanism is good, but needs work as both of my optical drives were very lose (they're screwed in now)
    There's a gap down both sides of the top panel allowing light from my fans to escape.

Overall I'm happy with it, but there's a lot of little things that will continue to bug me. Was really thinking of going with the 800D, but didn't like the air intake options it has.

Delt get my case ... becuase its orange and black ... !!!! also its bigger than the HAF X

TOTALLY WORTH IT !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by googz View Post
    Was yours one of the ones that had the ATX holes improperly aligned?
    I don't think that's the problem, the problem is the PCI bracket screw holes not lining up and thus expansion cards can't be properly screwed in without them popping a bit out of their PCIe lanes.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    All of this being true - I can't help but look at most of NZXT's cases and thinking if you were to drop it (typically we don't, but example!) it would just break apart into a bunch of pieces. x_x
    thats true lol. my NZXT phantom im about to replace if i pick it up on the wrong angles i rip the while plastic panels off lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    thats true lol. my NZXT phantom im about to replace if i pick it up on the wrong angles i rip the while plastic panels off lol.
    ouch, seems a lot of cases these days are designed by an art designer and not a computer builder (TT Level 10) and the ones that look really cool are most often junk

That hasn't been my experience with the "Classic" series NZXT cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    NZXT Gamma/Classic has always been one of the best sub-$50 cases out there, no doubt about it.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Alright, back on track please. Discussion regarding cases can be had elsewhere :-)

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I don't think that's the problem, the problem is the PCI bracket screw holes not lining up and thus expansion cards can't be properly screwed in without them popping a bit out of their PCIe lanes.
    My old CM690 has the same issue.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    My old CM690 has the same issue.
    at the risk of a infraction myself, I think the mod above you wants the topic, back on topic.

I bought these with the watercooling stuff, mostly to see the effect.

The effect was rather nonexistent. Boo. Or maybe they're supposed to bring out the reaction from the other stuff in the machine, being "UV" light.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
    at the risk of a infraction myself, I think the mod above you wants the topic, back on topic.
    I quoted that post on the page before, didn't see the post on this page. :P

Anyway, I'll have pictures of a new system in the coming weeks. Starting an HTPC project!

The effect was rather nonexistent. Boo. Or maybe they're supposed to bring out the reaction from the other stuff in the machine, being "UV" light.
    Well, considering the UV spectrum isn't visible to humans...
    red panda red panda red panda!

So here's the tubing I'll be using, placed on top of my case. As you can see, it doesn't show its UV blue with the fan's blue LED much, if at all.

Threw the UV LED up via the eSATA port (removed cable due to not functioning) though...

And zing! Well, okay, not quite as impressive still as I'd hoped.

Threw towel on the edge to see if it showed better in the darker area. Kind of, I guess?

Unrelated picture of the sidefan's mesh.