Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I bought these with the watercooling stuff, mostly to see the effect.

The effect was rather nonexistent. Boo. Or maybe they're supposed to bring out the reaction from the other stuff in the machine, being "UV" light.
    You need to insert those kind of lights in acrylic blocks, most acrylic blocks or parts have a whole to fit a light and it lights the whole part up. UV lights arn't like that you need to buy 12" cathodes or something, if you get 2-4 you can light up your whole tubing and it looks really nice.

LED fans won't light up your UV parts.. you need cold cathodes like this http://dazmode.com/store/index.php?m...oducts_id=1638

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j54kd_4jkno this video shows the effect at the end

plus, your using clear tubing so I don't think it's UV reactive.

picture of what your lights would do on a acrylic block http://i43.tinypic.com/2jecz7r.jpg
    Last edited by aisatsana; 2012-01-31 at 01:59 PM.

My tubes are in fact UV reactive, or labeled as such. :U

See the blue lighting effect on the tubes there? That's not the LED. The LED are more... purple. Violet, I guess the name of the color is? Either way, the tubes didn't light up as that, but instead as a really distinct blue.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-01-31 at 02:12 PM.

Deleted
    Not exactly a gaming build, but I thought I would share anyway.

Just got this setup at work in "my" office. My boss had basically picked out a computer package for 7000SEK (excluding taxes), with monitor, keyboard and mouse. I think it was a Dell with an i3 550 and 6GB RAM, but I'm not sure. I told him to scrap that idea and ordered my own build. Overkill for what it will be used for? Maybe, but as I had a fairly big budget I thought "why the hell not?".

BenQ G2250 21.5" 1080p
    Logitech M500 Mouse
    Microsoft Eronomical 4000 Keyboard

Fractal Design Core 1000
    ASRock H67M-GE Rev B3
    Intel Pentium G840
    Corsair XMS3 2x4GB 1333MHz
    Gigabyte GT520
    Crucial M4 64GB

All for about 4800kr (excluding taxes).

I'm fairly impressed by the Core 1000 actually. For such a cheap case, it's very well built and feels proper. Getting the mATX board to fit was a small hassle, but that's the only complaint I have so far. The Microsoft Eronomical 4000 keyboard is a bit of a gamble as I've never used a "tilted" or "ergonomic" keyboard before. The rest more or less speaks for itself I assume.

More pictures:

Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2012-01-31 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazhylus View Post
    Hi all, I'm new here, This is my first build.

Case: Thermaltake Level 10 GT
    Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67
    Power Supply: CORSAIR Professional Series HX850 (CMPSU-850HX) 850W
    Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler
    Memory: G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 x 2 (16GB)
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA - GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0
    Hard Drive: OCZ Vertex 3 VTX3-25SAT3-120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III
    Hard Drive 2: Hitachi Deskstar HD31000 1TB 7200 RPM

Keyboard: Logitech G510 Keyboard
    Mouse: Razer Mamba
    Monitor 1: Samsung SyncMaster 2333sw
    Monitor 2: Samsung SyncMaster 2333sw
    Monitor Arms: Ergotron 45-241-026 LX Desk Mount LCD Arm
    Router: Belkin N750 DB Wireless Dual-Band N+
    Really, REALLY love those arms on your desk. I just bought a pair of monitors to match my first 24" Asus LCD that I have, and those look perfect for making it easy to set up my surround stuff.

Heh. You could've made that an itty-bitty work-place gaming station, Marest. :P

Coolermaster HAF X
    ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3
    I5-2500k @ 4.8ghz
    Noctua NH-D14
    16gb Gskill Ripjaw @ 1600
    Sapphire HD 7970 (overclocking soon :P)
    Corsair 850w PSU
    Corsair M4 120gb SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    You did ninja edit though, so no way of knowing for sure :>. Anyway, can't you guys just play nice?

Back on topic! Managed to salvage a new chair from the work. We were clearing this office building and had to get rid off about 50 perfectly working office chairs so I picked one up. Has all the conforts and fine tunings to change the position of back/ head rest and stuff. Used one sells for about 350€ o_o Couldn't be happier as I was desperately in need of a new chair .

Nice find Ghâzh. Now bring some picturezzzzzzzzzzzzz. :P

---------- Post added 2012-02-01 at 01:48 AM ----------

Motherf-! I thought I'd give my watercooling setup a test run using just the rads, blocks and pumps. You know, check that they're not defective in any way. -.-

What I'd failed to notice is that the Apogee HD Limited Edition's stock nipples are 1/2", and trying to fit 3/8 on it was downright a pain in the thumbs.

I can't believe my posts explaining why Drunkenvalley's tubing wasn't lighting up are being deleted. That's just pathetic. Might as well delete 90% of the posts in this thread if you're going to blame it as off topic, which is really wasn't... Yes I started to make fun of him because he was the one who started with the derp stuff. Whatever, I'll probably get infracted/banned for this too.

The appropriate way to discuss mod actions is Via PM'ing a mod from the forum, A super mod, or Sunshine. ~Uggor
    Last edited by Uggorthaholy; 2012-02-01 at 01:04 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Motherf-! I thought I'd give my watercooling setup a test run using just the rads, blocks and pumps. You know, check that they're not defective in any way. -.-

What I'd failed to notice is that the Apogee HD Limited Edition's stock nipples are 1/2", and trying to fit 3/8 on it was downright a pain in the thumbs.
    Did you try softning the tubes up with hot water? You can also try stretching them with pliers. Some people tend to prefer 3/8 tubing with 1/2 barbs just to make it more waterproof

put them in boiling water and you would be fine, alot of people prefer to do that anyways.

---------- Post added 2012-02-01 at 01:37 AM ----------

hey guys

just put my light next to my new uv fans
    http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/6637/dsc00047jr.jpg
    The effect was rather nonexistent. Boo. Or maybe they're supposed to bring out the reaction from the other stuff in the machine, being "UV" light.

* User was infracted
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-02-01 at 03:42 AM.

Yeah. I didn't want to set on a kettle of water in the middle of the night tho, so I'll be giving it a bash soonish.

First of all, I want say thank you to everybody in this forum that has helped me with my build over the last month.

I'm finally fully up and running though there sare still some parts to come. The best part about this is now my girlfriend can stay the hell off my computer! lol... She has my old rig.

Will try and get some pics uploaded and linked tomorrow being that's it's very late, but wanted to go ahead and get started.

Windows 7 Pro
    Cooler Master HAF X: Overall satisfied with this case, but when it's time to upgrade my girlfriends rig she'll be getting this case.
    Asus Maximus Extreme-Z: Loving this board more and more every day. Has so many features for people of all skill levels which is a plus for me because I'm still learning.
    I5 2500K: @ 4.6g
    G.SKILL Ripjaws (4 x 4GB)
    Corsair H100
    Asus 560Ti:
    120gb Corsair Force Series GT
    1tb Western Digital Caviar Black
    Corsair Professional Series HX650
    Asus BR Burner
    Asus DVD Burner (I tend to copy a lot of dvd's and would rather have dual drives so I can set it and forget it... shameless infomercial line FTW)

Peripherals:
    Corsair Vengeance K90
    Corsair Vengeance M90

Asus RT-N66U
    Motorola SB6121 SURFboard (Not the cable companies! They can keep their junk)

Remaining pieces from my old build:
    Logitech Desktop Microphone
    Some random Logitech 5.1 speakers (which I run 2.1)
    Samsung SyncMaster T240 (First gen TOC series which I paid way to much for when they first came out lol)

Still in the plans:

ASUS VS Series VS247H-P: x2
    Asus Xonar DX Going to wait and see just how much the ROG card costs, but this will likely be my choice.
    SeaSonic Platinum-860 (fully sleeved... can't wait to give this a go)
    High end speakers. (was initially thinking Corsair 2500, but have read some recent audiofile reviews and starting to look at other routes)
    Corsair Link (Possibly, waiting to see some good reviews on it.)

Temporary location while getting everything up and running... Takes the entire spot where normally a trash can sits lol.

I don't see why everybody thinks the HAF X is to bright for them.

Looking foward to venturing into cable sleeving.
    Last edited by googz; 2013-03-29 at 04:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally another person who uses Logitech Desktop Microphone, isn't that thing a godsend? Who likes having to jam a massive wired headset on their head everytime they feel like talking to friends right?

It's good that you're learning how to OC Googz, but I never understood what was there to learn about OC'ing when it came to Sandy Bridge chips. Overclocking WAS originally an extremely lenghty process with the old chips where you had to figure out the "perfect" combinations of BCLK, multliplier (mostly locked), voltages and countless other settings. But with SB most of that stuff went out the window, although it still gives you the options to fine-tune settings for advanced overclocking.

With i5 2500K there is basically a "go to" setting of 1.28-1.3v vCore and 45x multiplier, leave everything else to default/automatic and you're good to go. You don't really need to touch anything else unless pushing for a 4.8-5ghz+ OC. With a $120 cooler like H100 you're in safe hands!
    Anyway since you only have a GTX560 Ti you can sit around at stock clocks but by the time nVidia release their new GPUs I hope you push your chip and put that cooler to use. Seeing how HD7970 performs, the GTX680 (or w/e) will push nothing short of monstrous framerates with a nice OC on itself and CPU.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-02-01 at 12:21 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am still trying to figure out how to get a stable overclock on my 2600k, but maybe I am just a derp who can't figure it out. I am thinking about getting 4x4GB memory modules for my computer so they are all the same type, I don't think the G.Skill Performance series handles overclocking as well as the Ripjaws do and by the sounds of it, my RAM is the issue with my inability to get past 4.3Ghz stable on a Prime95 stress test, it always blue screens with a memory management error or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. How are you running 12gb ram on an SB setup? Judging by your sig it's 1600mhz CL7 right? To get CL7 it must be 1.65v, would I be correct in assuming that?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdunka View Post
    zachie, I'm glad I'm not the only one with two P2770s that aren't quite the same height...Mine aren't really level either. I can tell from your pic that one base stand is just slightly higher than the other. Mine are the exact same way. The monitors are quite nice though.
    That would annoy the absolute hell out of me. (I have OCD to the extreme for little things like that). If I were to buy another monitor and it didn't line up. I'd be sending them both back until I got a pair that were the same height. :P

On topic, kinda. I think?

I need a desk. I'm a cheap-ass and don't want to pay a lot but I need one that's quite deep and not very wide. Wide enough to fit two 23" monitors but deep enough to have both infront of me, with a keyboard and mouse. If you see my sig setup. That's on a huge table and way too big. XD

Anybody have any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Hmm. How are you running 12gb ram on an SB setup? Judging by your sig it's 1600mhz CL7 right? To get CL7 it must be 1.65v, would I be correct in assuming that?
    4+4+2+2, still dual channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I am still trying to figure out how to get a stable overclock on my 2600k, but maybe I am just a derp who can't figure it out. I am thinking about getting 4x4GB memory modules for my computer so they are all the same type, I don't think the G.Skill Performance series handles overclocking as well as the Ripjaws do and by the sounds of it, my RAM is the issue with my inability to get past 4.3Ghz stable on a Prime95 stress test, it always blue screens with a memory management error or something.
    It could be the IMC being unstable. I know sometimes running 4 DIMMS with an overclocked 1155 processor requires a voltage bump for the memory controller (I don't remember what it is, VCCIO or something similar I believe... depends on what it's called on your motherboard)

This is the early appearance of the watercooling loop. In very loopy and inefficient turns, etc. It's just gonna be a testbed to check for defective stuff thank god. >.>