New build

Been lurking awhile & just finished my first build in about 10 years or so. Pretty content with how it came out. PSU isn't really what I was wanted, but I had cannibalized it from an older machine. I'll probably be replacing that in the near future. I really like the case too, but I kind of wish I had gone for the 932 or HAF X to keep it a little cleaner inside.

Case: CoolerMaster HAF 922
    CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k 3.4GHz oc'd to 4.6GHz
    CPU cooler: Corsair H80
    MoBo: ASUS P8Z68-V
    GPU: EVGA GTX 560 ti 448 1.28GB oc'd to 900MHz
    RAM: 16GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHz
    HDD: Samsung 830 128GB SSD SATA 6Gb
    HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb
    PSU: ThermalTake TR2-600W

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kass View Post
    I think that's most everything, but I'm sure I've missed a thing or two here and there. I'd love to add a few images and/or a validation link to this post, but that's apparently impossible due to my not being a social butterfly on a forum.
    Indeed would absolutely love to see pics of your beast of a build, especially how you've set up all that Koolance stuff. Haven't seen anyone using Bitfenix fans either, they look nice on their own.

Post a bit more around here or other sub-forums (constructively of course :P) and you'll be able to post pics! I think you need 10 posts. Or atleast you'll be able to share links of the images
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Managed to salvage a new chair from the work. We were clearing this office building and had to get rid off about 50 perfectly working office chairs so I picked one up. Has all the conforts and fine tunings to change the position of back/ head rest and stuff. Used one sells for about 350€ o_o Couldn't be happier as I was desperately in need of a new chair .
    Quoting myself, I'm that good! Anyway, this would be the one:

Kinnarps 6000, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    And your HAF X.
    I'm very much pleased with it. With the 7 fans running, the only time it gets to where I can actually hear it is when the GPU gets loaded and the fans start ramping up. I have MSI afterburner set just where I want it

1x 140mm
    2x 120mm
    3x 200mm
    1x 230mm

---------- Post added 2012-02-07 at 10:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Just got myself some new peripherals:

Mionix Naos 5000
    Mionix Propus 380
    Corsair Vengeance K90
    Zalman ZM-MIC1
    K90 is beautiful isn't it?

How are you liking the mouse? I was sort of leaning towards that one, but Best Buy doesn't carry Mionix and I had a gift card left over from Christmas so I went with the M90. I might end up buying the Mionix at some point lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by googz View Post
    K90 is beautiful isn't it?

How are you liking the mouse? I was sort of leaning towards that one, but Best Buy doesn't carry Mionix and I had a gift card left over from Christmas so I went with the M90. I might end up buying the Mionix at some point lol
    It is extremely beautiful and I am a huge fan of the MX Red switches. It aint perfect, and with the price considered it isn't exactly a nice value either. The "g-keys" being off to the side on a added piece of plastic really cuts down on the aesthetics, but at the same time it has a function (being lower than the rest of the keyboard is a plus actually). I do very much dislike that the ESC, F1-5 and Delete, End, Insert, etc buttons aren't mechanical but regular rubber dome. They also don't light up as beautifully as the other keys (actually, they don't light up at all). The "g-keys" have a nice, silver shine though. The macro-functionality is absolutely amazing though.

I am extremely pleased with the mouse. It meets all the criteria I sought after and delivers so much improved precision and features compared to my old MX518. The only thing I really don't like about it is the steep price. I was close at getting the Ikari at first, but I wanted a heavier and more feature-rich mouse (the fully programmable nature of the Naos 5000 makes it incredible). I already tried it out in MW2, BF3, Witcher 2 and HoN and without being accustomed to it I feel it is perfect for me.

It is extremely beautiful and I am a huge fan of the MX Red switches. It aint perfect, and with the price considered it isn't exactly a nice value either. The "g-keys" being off to the side on a added piece of plastic really cuts down on the aesthetics, but at the same time it has a function (being lower than the rest of the keyboard is a plus actually). I do very much dislike that the ESC, F1-5 and Delete, End, Insert, etc buttons aren't mechanical but regular rubber dome. They also don't light up as beautifully as the other keys (actually, they don't light up at all). The "g-keys" have a nice, silver shine though. The macro-functionality is absolutely amazing though.
    Ya, the fact that the F keys aren't mechanical is very disappointing to me. How about the volume scroll though... I love that thing! Use it every chance I get lol

I am extremely pleased with the mouse. It meets all the criteria I sought after and delivers so much improved precision and features compared to my old MX518. The only thing I really don't like about it is the steep price. I was close at getting the Ikari at first, but I wanted a heavier and more feature-rich mouse (the fully programmable nature of the Naos 5000 makes it incredible). I already tried it out in MW2, BF3, Witcher 2 and HoN and without being accustomed to it I feel it is perfect for me.
    I have a hard time finding a mouse that's satisfying to me being that I broke my right pinky and it still gives me issues. I naturally claw grip my mouse too which is one of the reasons I also leaned away from the NAOS 5000.

I will be doing a pretty big upgrade to my rig soon. I will be adding a new GPU, probably the 670 and a waterblock plus I will be adding a 55mm+ 240mm radiator in the front of my 650D by modding the bottom part to fit a 240rad. Hopefully the new nvidia gpus will be as good as I expect them to be!

"Soon" being about 3 months down the road, assuming the 670 will be available at the release of the 600 series. o.o I was under the impression they were going to start from the bottom when introducing the cards, but I might be remembering it wrong entirely.

Yeah that's not soon, but whatever. Still looking forward to replacing my 6850 and I really want a gpu block. I also want to add a dedicated soundcard.

Quote Originally Posted by googz View Post
    Ya, the fact that the F keys aren't mechanical is very disappointing to me. How about the volume scroll though... I love that thing! Use it every chance I get lol
    How does that really matter? I mean, I'd prefer them not being fully mechanical so the special buttons feels different. I don't see the point in having them fully mechanial. Personally.
    As long as the keyboard and numpad is, and having media keys and macro-keys is enough.
    I use my volume scroll abundantly on my keyboard, albeit a G110.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    How does that really matter? I mean, I'd prefer them not being fully mechanical so the special buttons feels different. I don't see the point in having them fully mechanial. Personally.
    As long as the keyboard and numpad is, and having media keys and macro-keys is enough.
    I use my volume scroll abundantly on my keyboard, albeit a G110.
    I use my F keys a lot while gaming, especially F1-F8 (guess that's my Diablo roots coming out lol) and every time I use one I can certainly feel the diference. I would like a media launch button, but when in WMP the existing keys work great. The volume scroll is amazing. It has this feel to it that's just solid and works very very well whereas my G15 I literally had to spam the buttons to adjust the volume.

I think you can assign G-keys to open programs using the keyboard software.

I got the K90 for christmas and am loving it. I particularly like the way that the keys are not surrounded by plastic, makes cleaning a lot easier and crumbs are much less likely to get stuck (after a few years this became a real issue with my €5 PoS keyboard) and the blue LeDs on the metal backplate just looks awesome. One thing that it IS missing however, is a proper guide to using the macro keys.

The media buttons are a godsend, I have no idea how I survived so long without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I think you can assign G-keys to open programs using the keyboard software.
    That you can... And I have... Over half of the keys on M3 in fact

10+ Year Old Account
    so the NZXT fans i had were just not cutting it anymore, the bearing in one was going out, so i picked up some new ones:
    3 Scythe Kaze-Jyuni 1900RPM fans for my GPU radiator

2 Scythe Ultra Kaze 3000RPM 38MM fans for my CPU radiator

the result:

IBT load temps of 55-57C

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cyanotical gets 4,000+ score in Heaven... we all just stare.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Those ULtra Kaze 3000rpm 38mm are some of the best-performing fans in the industry, and also among the loudest. Jet engine rig ftw.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Waaaait. Are those things really 38mm? O_o

Btw, I was rummaging through my computer club faculty adviser's office (aka computer treasure trove), found this..... add on card... thing.... Idk what it does.

But it was of this standard: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industr...d_Architecture

I felt young next to that thing. haha
    "A flower.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I remember seeing ISA cards in stores as late as 1998. Just about every freshman at my college with a PC ended up having to buy either an ISA or PCI ethernet adapter to use with the resnet. Almost everyone...every Mac owner already had built-in ethernet by then.

I've actually got a drawer full of old VESA, NuBus, PDS and other bygone expansion slot cards that I need to clean out...

10+ Year Old Account
    I love hardware, new or old, it gets me giddy. :>
    "A flower.

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955
    Graphics: SLI EVGA GTX 560's
    HDD: 1tb
    PSU: 750 watt

I have a nice custom cpu fan and 2 120mm fans to keep my computer cool enough to play bf3 for hours. I don't think I need to mention the disk drive since it's generic because I rarely use it.

Also this was my first build and I'm so happy I can build computers! The next project will be for my brother, we have the parts on the way.