Huh, my GPU still hasn't come yet, I ordered it when I saw they have 3 in stock, but I got a message today that they're out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppasan View Post
    Huh, my GPU still hasn't come yet, I ordered it when I saw they have 3 in stock, but I got a message today that they're out of stock.
    What did you order?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    What did you order?
    XFX 6970. 10chars

Intel i7 2.8
    9 gb ram
    1 gb hd ddr5 gpu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MontageMusic View Post
    Intel i7 2.8
    9 gb ram
    1 gb hd ddr5 gpu
    Thanks for those random numbers maybe a little more information and pictures if possible, would a little more interesting.

Sorry about the bad quality of the picture, I had to use my phone camera.

http://i.imgur.com/ZlbqL.jpg

Computer Information:
    Silverstone Raven RV3 case
    ASUS Sabertooth p67 Motherboard
    12 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
    Intel i7 2600k CPU
    EVGA 570 GTX
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound Card
    800W Cooler Master Gold PSU
    120GB Corsair GT SSD
    1TB Western Digital Caviar Black HDD

Peripherals:
    AKG Q701 headphones
    SteelSeries 6GV2
    SteelSeries Sensei
    Razer Naga
    Razer Scarab
    Logitech G13
    Blue Microphones Snowball
    Dell U2410 LCD Ultrasharp
    LG E2340 LED Monitor
    Last edited by masterpiece; 2012-02-14 at 09:33 PM.

Deleted
    @masterpiece And the computer specs?

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    @masterpiece And the computer specs?
    added to my post, thanks
    Last edited by masterpiece; 2012-02-14 at 09:42 PM.

Deleted
    looks pretty good I like most of your choices.

Look I don't care what those headphones are or how they sound, they look completely sick. Nice setup there.

Quote Originally Posted by GG you got me View Post
    Look I don't care what those headphones are or how they sound, they look completely sick. Nice setup there.
    Haha they sound amazing as they look though, only downside is the steep price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Those ULtra Kaze 3000rpm 38mm are some of the best-performing fans in the industry, and also among the loudest. Jet engine rig ftw.

Man I wish I'd read this before building my new rig. I have one of these set up as a pull on my H60--even set to 25% speed it's by far the loudest thing in my case; so loud I'm thinking of removing it. Pulling through the radiator might be making it even louder, though, maybe I'll try it as exhaust instead.

But man. Loud. And high-enough pitched to be extra obnoxious.

I've played PC games for over 15 years and I've never had the latest or most expensive hardware. Unless a game is old I've never experienced highest graphical settings. Currently my system is:

Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
    2 GB RAM
    Radeon HD 4670

WoW runs fine, DDO and LotRO too, Rift runs on low, SWTOR on medium. And I think GW2 will run fine too. But still, I wish that some day I'll buy a computer that runs games without having to worry about performance.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterpiece View Post
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound Card

AKG Q701 headphones
    Q701s have just 64ohm impedance, but they hate low-powered sources. Even the Xonar Essence STX is woefully underpowered and I'm almost sure your cans sound 'hollow.' That is unless you have an unlisted amp...

Case: Corsair 600T White Edition
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3P
    CPU: i7-2600K
    HS: Noctua NH-D14
    RAM: 16GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance LP
    GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 560 Ti w/448 Cores
    PSU: SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
    HDD: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black
    SSD: 128GB Crucial M4

Monitor: Asus VE248H Black 24" 1920X1080 2ms w/Speakers
    Keyboard: Logitech G110
    Mouse: Logitech G400
    Headset: steelseries Siberia v2

This is what I was going to order sometime this weekend but I may need to snatch it now. There's a couple deals I don't know how long will last. For example the GPU was $314.99 but they took $15 off not to mention a $20 MIR and two games worth $110 making it a $170 card.

I'll make sure to take plenty of pictures once it's all said and done :P .
    Last edited by Soluger; 2012-02-15 at 08:04 AM.

If you're gaming just the i5 2500k will be dandy in place of the i7 2600k, but beyond that I've got no complaints. Looking good in fact.

I will admit the majority of it will be for gaming but I am starting to get into video editing and even producing some videos. I guess I would consider this my "in-between" computer. When I get really good at video editing/producing I'll probably spring for a more video editing oriented computer, but this one is an in-between.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soluger View Post
    I will admit the majority of it will be for gaming but I am starting to get into video editing and even producing some videos. I guess I would consider this my "in-between" computer. When I get really good at video editing/producing I'll probably spring for a more video editing oriented computer, but this one is an in-between.
    My highly subjective video editing opinion is that the 2500K will do more than FINE for video editing.

In the past I've had to disable HT on my 2600K for various frostbite 2 reasons and I did not notice the slightest decrease in performance in Avid's media composer (I highly doubt much of it is even properly multithreaded anyway) and I can't imagine much of a difference with any other editing software either. It'd be if you're editing in a H.264 timeline (urgh..), MAYBE, but I doubt that even then HT would provide any gain considering it'd render in single pass.

The difference lied in final rendering time should H.264 be the desired end-format (aka "producing for vimeo/youtube") but even there, it's a measurable difference on a task that may not be much of a time-consumer anyway, unless you produce A LOT of videos every day. The difference might have been noticeable in After Effects but I haven't done any real tests on it. I'd say 3d/2d animation in general gains more of HT than the actual video editing will ever do.

So IF it somehow feels like you'd like to get away cheaper, IMO don't hesitate to go for the 2500K instead. It's just this common thing to say "well go for 2600K if you're making videos" and I'm always going "eh.." in my head when I read that as I think this statement has originated from people not doing much video editing at all.

i7-930 Clocked @ 3.9ghz on each core
    Tri Channel DDR3 G.Skill 10400 12GB (3x 4GB)
    Asus p6x58-D Premium Mobo
    Cosair 750TW PSU
    Dual 5770HD Radeon (XFX) in Crossfire
    1x Crucial SSD (sata 6) 256GB
    4x 1TB WD Caviar Black 7200RPM (2x Sata 6 2x Sata 2)

Logitech g35 Headset
    Steel Series v6.2 Mechanical
    Razer Naga

24in Asus HD Monitor

15+ Year Old Account
    Just added a Das Keyboard Professional S Slient to my setup. Finally i can join the "Mechanical Keyboard Club"!

And i have to say, it types sooooo well. When i unpacked it and typed the first words, it felt a little bit awkward, due to me being used to the very heavy Cherry G83 key stroke. But now after some minutes and a couple of more lines, i can't imagine ever going back to a rubber dome (at least for typing). I probably would have preferred the Blue Switches from the non-silent version, but noise is a factor, so i have to settle for the Browns (even they are borderline from the noise).

I really have to force myself to stop typing this post, it's that much fun!
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet