10+ Year Old Account
    Oh you're all gonna be mirin my setup

Core 2 duo 3.0 ghz, 2gb ddr2 ram, amd 4800 (got a 4850 that I might chuck in my pc to bump up its shitness)

Biggest piece of crap, I can barely play BF3 and playing wow is even dodgy especially high pop realms.

Gonna upgrade to i7, probably spend around $900-$1100 cos I hav peripherals and stuff.

Oh also you wanna know my peripherals? Dell mouse and keyboard from early 2000s and a 24"" Asus HDMI (no idea what its called). Its the best part of my setup hahahah....

Accepting donations

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Gonna upgrade to i7, probably spend around $900-$1100 cos I hav peripherals and stuff.
    No point in the I7 if all you do is game... go with the 2500K

10+ Year Old Account
    Between the third and fourth circle of hell

Cool

My setup is starting to age a bit, but I am waiting for Ivy Bridge before I do any more upgrading.

Desktop:
    AMD Phenom II 955 Black Edition (overclocked to 3.8GHz on liquid cooling)
    16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
    Dual Nvidia GTX470s in SLI
    Western Digital Velociraptor 300GB (with several 1TB storage drives)
    Corsair 1250W Power Supply
    42" LG LCD display
    Logitech G15 (gen 1) keyboard
    Razer Naga with Razer Goliathus mousepad.

Laptops:
    Alienware M11x R2: Core i5, 4GB DDR3 1333, Nvidia GTS 335m
    Sager NP8170 17.3": Core i7 2670qm (2.2GHz), 8GB DDR3 1333, 2GB Radeon 6990M <- work laptop... believe it or not.

I also have a 100Mb down, 7Mb up internet connection

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...2-08224725.jpg
    http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...2-08224615.jpg

note: that giant grey thing is my center speaker.

< use thumbnails! > But then how do I make people with slow connections cry? j/k
    Last edited by bumrush; 2012-02-25 at 01:04 AM.

Desktop: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.8GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, Dual Nvidia GTX 470 SLI
    Laptop: 2.2GHz Core i7, 8GB DDR3 1333, 2GB Radeon HD 6990

15+ Year Old Account
    That looks like the most unconfortable configuration ever Not only is the screen too big but also above your eye-level. Chair looks nice though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Between the third and fourth circle of hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    That looks like the most unconfortable configuration ever Not only is the screen too big but also above your eye-level. Chair looks nice though.
    Good catch, the 42" just replaced a 24" monitor that worked fine like this.

It is okay if I recline, but you are correct about this. It is a temporary situation though. I have some crazyness I am doing this weekend and will post it. It involves a reclining leather sofa, a coffee table that has a surface that elevates to a sort of desk-top and then i am putting this bastard at eye level with a TV stand.

But yeah, the chair is more comfortable then my bed.

Desktop: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.8GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, Dual Nvidia GTX 470 SLI
    Laptop: 2.2GHz Core i7, 8GB DDR3 1333, 2GB Radeon HD 6990

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your center speaker is way too close to you to have the desired effect, tbqh.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finally I can put some pictures up, you'll have to excuse the lack of cable management.

Case: HAF 932
    MoBo: ASUS P8Z68-V/ Gen 3
    CPU: i7-2600k(currently at 4.4ghz per core, just used the optimal button in UEFI)
    Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
    Memory: 2x4gb G. Skill Ripjaw
    GPU: MSI Twin Frozr II 2gb GTX 560
    PSU: OCZ ModXStream - Pro 700w Modular
    HDD: Western Digital 1TB Green Caviar
    Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc 24x
    Secondary HDD: Western Digital 750gb External Hard Drive

Monitor: HP w2338h
    Keyboard: Logitech G110
    Mouse: Razer Naga
    Headset: Turtle Beach P1(which is currently not working due to the front audio ports not being recognized, not huge issue atm)

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/a...wRenoBuild.jpg

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/a...ctuaCooler.jpg

[http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/a...0/CaseShot.jpg

My apologies if the pics are too large, I did click the thumbnail button.

Next time try using imgur, generally has better thumbnailing. ~Uggor
    Last edited by Uggorthaholy; 2012-02-25 at 02:43 AM.

here is a build i did for my boss's son for his birthday

case - haf 922
    mobo - ga-z68
    cpu - i5 2500k @ 4.0
    cpu cooler - hyper 212 evo
    ram - 8gigs gskill ripjaws 1600mhz
    gpu - hd 6870
    hdd - 500g caviar blue
    psu - ocz 600 modular 80+

You did so well with the cables, but why didn't you bother with the 24 pin and that molex?

because i didnt have enough lol

that cable sleeving is extra i had left from a project im working on so i used what i had on his *only buy mdpc-x cable sleeving its the best!*

plus he didnt pay me anything i built it for him to help him as he was going to buy a dell from bestbuy LOL and cable sleeving is time envolved

err... actually the 6 pins... didn't click, only saw the thumbnails

yea i didnt do any single cable braiding i only had sata cable size left so i did the fans and 1 of the sata cables didnt bother with the rest really

if your talking about running the 2 pci-e 6 pins behind the tray its because there was no easy way to route them and come out the side that looked good and its only temp since he is getting a 2nd 6870

when i put the 2nd 6870 in for him in 2 months ill route all 4 of the 6pins around somewhere

as far as the molex for the lights they were a after thought and something he asked for last min that i tossed in before snapping pictures =)

thought u were talking about sleeving not management
    Last edited by Flcrewpolo; 2012-02-25 at 04:59 AM.

Well finally built my first computer with the help of my friend!
    Specs:
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 912
    PSU: Seasonic X series X650 gold (650W)(modular is simply amazing for wiring!)
    MoBo: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe LGA 1155 Intel P67
    CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k@ 3.3GHz (just built today but i'm going to OC it soon)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9B
    GPU: GIGABYTE 1GB radeon HD 6950
    RAM: G.SKILL Sniper series 2x 4GB DDR3 2133mHz
    SSD: Crucial M4 128GB
    BD: Pioneer Blue ray burner
    HDD: WD Caviar Black 500GB 7200 RPM(on its way was delayed for some reason)
    HDD is in now!
    pics:

Last edited by Iamanerd; 2012-02-26 at 06:37 PM.

doesnt look bad for your first build and parts list is pretty decent i would consider cleaning up the cable management a little
    start with flipping the hard drive around the other way so you can route the cables in the back =)

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just bought one of these bad boys:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16820220624

174.99 for a 120GB SandForce based SATA III SSD. Plus it has a 40 dollar Mail In Rebate.

My rig, 2,5 years old now:
    i7 920 running at stock 2,67 ghz, cooled with a Mugen3
    Foxconn Flamingblade motherboard
    6gb DDR3
    HD6870 (replaced my 4890 last december)
    2x 1TB + 2x 2TB hdd's (last two bought about 2 weeks before the flooding, thankfully, so only 60 euro's / piece)

This all fitted in a Coolermaster HAF912plus.
    Periphals: Hansol 17inch CRT + LG 42inch fullhd-LCD tv, Logitech G15, Logitech M500 + Microsoft Wireless 7000, Brother HL2030 + Canon MP140, US Blaster 2.1 + Logitech Clear Chat headset.

Now, I've always wanted to overclock my CPU, esp since my CPU is what limits me in WoW (or else: it would be the only thing I think would limit it, running on a mere 30fps in raids on high/ultra (120 in the less busy parts of Stormwind) )
    In order to ocerclok, I had to replace the stock cooler, which required a new casing. So last summer I bought the Mugen3 and the HAF912. Temperatures after applying these two have dropped considerably. Running on stock speed, the temperatures (in celcius) are 20-30 (CPU) 45-50 (GPU), in load, both go up about 10-15.
    I've always had problems with my motherboard, it was delivered with an overclocking app that never ran on the 64bit OS that you would expect to run on an i7 920, and Foxconn stopped updating anything after 2009.
    I looked up, read and printed several guides for overclocking, and every single one of them told me I should easily be able to get to 3.2 ghz without upping the voltage, 3.5 should also be within reach. I tried, and got as far as 3.2. I then upped the voltage a little bit (far below the max voltage given by Intel for my CPU) and managed to get it to run on 3.4, however, when trying to get it to go on 3.5, something went wrong. My windows refused to boot and my bios bugged out constantly. I had to reinstall my windows, and for the first 3 weeks had to reset and reconfigure my BIOS every time I booted. This last part seems to have ceased, however, there are still some strange bugs in my windows. Like a weekly jump in time. Both minutes and seconds remain accurate, but on the night of saturday on sunday, the hours shifts from 22/23 to 15/16. Strange too is the instability of programs that use the internet (excluding games). Windows Live Messenger and all the browsers that I have installed (Chrome, Explorer and Opera) are incredibly unstable and can hang at any give moment. I've checked my drivers, checked my temps, checked my memory (a night long windows memory integrety check resulted in nothing), checked my CPU (a night and a day long under full load in Prime95, again no errors), nothing seems to be wrong, so I'm currently looking at my Motherboard for the cause of my troubles (this also would explain the time issue)

Sorry for such a long story, but I felt it needed to explain why my CPU was still running on stock.

I do however enjoy my keyboard, mice and audio devices. The US blaster 2.1 set is about 8 years old now but still produces crystal clear and rich sounds, the Brother HL2030 is the best printer I've ever had, lasting 3 heavy-duty university years with one toner and 2 drums (6.000 prints, still 3.000 to go) and fast as hell. The only thing that saddens me is my own promise, not to buy a new monitor until my old CRT has died. It is currently more than 10 years old, and I don't think it will die in the near future, if ever at all. Damn you sturdy old computer parts!

edit: Looking up pictures now, should have some\
    Edit 2: Can't provide images right now because I just fucking dropped my Transformer tablet on the ground deforming the power-plug, I hate my clumsyness and it might just have cost me a hell of a lot of money to repair it
    Edit 3: found a pic:

This was before I bought the two 2TB's, which are located on top of the HDD's you see on this pic (removable HDD cages ftw) and before I bought my new GPU, so the red thing you see is my old 4890
    Last edited by Tripl; 2012-02-26 at 05:25 PM.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker)
    Psshhh. Like I would actually bother reading a thread.

Deleted
    Bought a 6750 off a friend today to get rid of the stupid Intel HD 3000. I was originally going to get a 560Ti but then I got some economical issues.

Processor: Intel Core i5-2500k Overclocked from 3.3Ghz to 4.0Ghz
    Graphics Card: Radeon HD 6750
    RAM: Corsair 4GB @1600Hz
    Harddrive: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
    Power Supply: Corsair CX V2 500W
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3
    Case: NZXT Phantom

Btw, would it help if I overclocked the GPU?

Deleted
    Just got myself a new monitor, the Dell U2711.

I went to the store yesterday to pick it up, but when I brought it home I found out that it was defect; the screen wouldn't turn on at all. So early today I drove back to the store to have it replaced. I thought it would go smoothly as it was obviously DOA and I had been in the same store talking with the same guy less than 24 hours ago. I was wrong. "Sorry sir, I can't exchange a DOA unit without my supervisor's permission". Seriously? His suggested solution to me was basically to take the damn package back home (mind, it weights 15 Kg and due to its size isn't exactly easy to carry) and come back tomorrow. This had me a bit aggravated as I knew there was one more unit in stock (not to mention that his view on customer service was a bit... sub-par). But, with strong will-power and a bit of swearing one can accomplish almost anything, and after a bit of back-and-forth I walked out of there with a functioning monitor. Then I had some problems with the parking meter, but that's another story.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2012-02-26 at 05:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cusco View Post
    My computer is a BEAST!
    A very weak one, like a Vanilla elite.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz
    Memory: 4GB
    Motherboard: Asus P5Q SE
    GPU: GeForce 7800GT
    Hard Drive: 550gb
    Case: Antec Performance One P180
    Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 225BW
    Mouse: Logitech G5
    Keyboard: Logitech G15

It's a computer I got for my birthday several years ago (five-six years perhaps?) and my brother has given me some of his old parts when he upgraded. I will be starting work in August and still living at home, I will make a bit of cash, a quality computer is one of the first things I'm going to buy. Havn't been able to buy a new computer earlier because the income of an upper secondary school student in Sweden is ~$165/month (unless you work on nights/weekends, which I don't) and let me put it this way: I have $3300 worth of camera eqiupment, so where that small income has gone is not hard to figure out. End of life story.
    Updated:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz
    Memory: 16 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
    GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5570 - I bought this very cheaply six months ago, as a temporary solution. But I just..don't run demanding games, so I don't need any better, I play wow and watch movies. The RAM and processor are rather cheap upgrades primarily bought for full-scale 4928x3264 photo-editing, and for creating 16000+x4928 panoramas. I know there are better options, but I like the 2500k.
    Hard Drive: Intel® SSD 520 Series 120GB, + 550gb shared amongst two other, old disks. Waiting for the WD CB 2tb 7200rpm to sink even further in price.
    Case: Antec Performance One P180
    Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 225BW + temporarily an old 17" LG L1715S
    Mouse: Logitech G5
    Keyboard: Logitech G15

And the camera equipment-figure has risen to around $5000. Quite remarkable when I think about it, I bought my car for $2900.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Just got myself a new monitor, the Dell U2711.

I went to the store yesterday to pick it up, but when I brought it home I found out that it was defect; the screen wouldn't turn on at all. So early today I drove back to the store to have it replaced. I thought it would go smoothly as it was obviously DOA and I had been in the same store talking with the same guy less than 24 hours ago. I was wrong. "Sorry sir, I can't exchange a DOA unit without my supervisor's permission". Seriously? ....
    Service standards are appalling today. sometimes I wonder how the hell some these people get a job, it seems at times it's more important what's on their resume than how they're actually act in real situations. But that's a for another topic, I do like your "story" twist with the parking meter however. It's a nice monitor though, enjoy