The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    Dude, fricking awesome setup. One of the nicest I've seen in this thread.
    Thanks, what I'm struggling with now is how to resize these images to fit them in a post, anyone who can help me out?
    Quote Originally Posted by overcaffeinated View Post
    I don't get why people like you feel they need to chime in and tell the OP how useless his post was. If it was that useless why did you spend your 2 minutes to craft a response instead of 2 seconds to hit your "back" button?
    I7-4770K, ASUS Maximus VI Formula, SLI EVGA GTX780Ti, AX1200, Kingston V300 240GB, watercooled!

Quote Originally Posted by Nidor View Post
    Thanks, what I'm struggling with now is how to resize these images to fit them in a post, anyone who can help me out?
    Use imgur.com. And just switch them to thumbnails.
    Playing since 2007.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    Use imgur.com. And just switch them to thumbnails.
    I am, but they end up like this:

Thanks googz
    Last edited by Nidor; 2012-03-04 at 05:59 PM.
    I don't get why people like you feel they need to chime in and tell the OP how useless his post was. If it was that useless why did you spend your 2 minutes to craft a response instead of 2 seconds to hit your "back" button?
    I7-4770K, ASUS Maximus VI Formula, SLI EVGA GTX780Ti, AX1200, Kingston V300 240GB, watercooled!

you gotta switch them to small thumbnails... there's a drop down for it

10+ Year Old Account
    I5 K655 Quad core @3.20GHz
    8gb ram
    Nvidia 9800gt OC @ 4gb
    Nvidia 530 @ 1gb, set to handle all Physx.
    Windows ultimate 64bit
    2TB of memory.
    5 fans, cools down my whole fucking room.
    Yeah.. i don't know shit about computers.

oh and NZXT Phantom full tower case.

Deleted
    Just add a L at the end of the image name:
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tWP4mL.jpg[/IMG]

Add L for a large thumbnail, M for a medium and S for a small one.

Also, that is a really sweet looking rig.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Lian Li 343-B Build, Updated!

As Deltrus told me to, I will keep you updated with the changes I do to this computer, so here you go!

Side shot with the side panel on

Another side shot

Yet another one

My 3 screens and desk

Pretty sweet idle temps, eh?

My G13, sweet little thing

This thing is just a tad large.. A tad..

The backside that generally faces my window, but damn that glow from the sun made for an epic picture

Corsair Vengeance 1500 Headset, I love it!

Side panel off

Intestines

2 6970's, 1 Xonar D2X

Tubes, tubes, Tuuuuubes!

Swiftech MCP35X Pump

Fan to cool the Swiftech MCP35x

Mosfet Waterblock

Other side of the Mosfet Waterblock

Running the cards in paralell, less restriction since this loop is quite large.

16GB's of Vengeance RAM

Front Shot

Top shot, I'd like to get black screws up there, but I have not bothered to look around for them yet.

Fan Controller and Temperature readers.

What do you think?

Just some random pics of the sun.

Specs:

Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro
    CPU: Intel I5-2500K, running at 4.4Ghz
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance, 16GB running @1600
    PSU: Corsair AX1200
    GPU: 2x HD6970 with EK-Waterblocks
    Sound: Asus Xonar D2X
    HDD: 1 WD Caviar Black 640 GB and 1 WD 500GB
    SSD: 1 WD 128 GB

Cooling:
    CPU: Swiftech Apogee XT, EK Asus P8P67 Mosfet Waterblock, EK HD6970 Waterblocks, 1 Black Ice GT stealth 360 Radiator, 1 Black Ice GT Stealth 240 Radiator, 1 2x92mm Radiator, 1 Swiftech 360 Radiator with a Swiftech MCP35X pump integrated, 1 Swiftech MCP35X pump, 1 Phobya 250mm Reservoir.

And tons of fans, 25-27 I think...

---------- Post added 2012-03-04 at 07:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Just add a L at the end of the image name:
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tWP4mL.jpg[/IMG]

Add L for a large thumbnail, M for a medium and S for a small one.

Also, that is a really sweet looking rig.
    Worked it out, and thanks!

Have to admit I find the loop looking a little spaghetti there, but it's a lot of nice pictures you've got up there, and generally a rockin' build.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Deltrus told me to, I will keep you updated with the changes I do to this computer, so here you go!
    <snip>
    Specs:

Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro
    CPU: Intel I5-2500K, running at 4.4Ghz
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance, 16GB running @1600
    PSU: Corsair AX1200
    GPU: 2x HD6970 with EK-Waterblocks
    Sound: Asus Xonar D2X
    HDD: 1 WD Caviar Black 640 GB and 1 WD 500GB
    SSD: 1 WD 128 GB

Cooling:
    CPU: Swiftech Apogee XT, EK Asus P8P67 Mosfet Waterblock, EK HD6970 Waterblocks, 1 Black Ice GT stealth 360 Radiator, 1 Black Ice GT Stealth 240 Radiator, 1 2x92mm Radiator, 1 Swiftech 360 Radiator with a Swiftech MCP35X pump integrated, 1 Swiftech MCP35X pump, 1 Phobya 250mm Reservoir.

And tons of fans, 25-27 I think...

---------- Post added 2012-03-04 at 07:18 PM ----------

Worked it out, and thanks!
    looks awesome

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nidor, that looks FREAKIN AWESOME man!!! Great job!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Have to admit I find the loop looking a little spaghetti there, but it's a lot of nice pictures you've got up there, and generally a rockin' build.
    It's not that uhm... Spaghetti-ish in person, in the pictures it looks a bit more confusing though, if I had another 45/90 degree Bitspower piece I would have made it neater, but sadly I did not have one :/

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Nidor, that looks FREAKIN AWESOME man!!! Great job!
    Thanks a lot Deltrus!

That said, what do you use that beast for? :3
    Also, which viking-clan you belong to? Norwegian?

Been working on my own machine since things got boring today. I'll try and get pictures up asap of how things are progressing.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    That said, what do you use that beast for? :3
    Also, which viking-clan you belong to? Norwegian?

Been working on my own machine since things got boring today. I'll try and get pictures up asap of how things are progressing.
    A variety of games, mainly wow. School work and the usual. Also yes I am Norwegian, which part of the country are you from?

15+ Year Old Account
    You've got a case that's like two times the size of a regular one and still had to externally mount one of the rads? :P And I think you've also got like twice as much radiators as you'd need, to the point where you're just adding more restriction on the loop. Not like it's necesserily making much of a difference to one way or another..

You know I just had to find something to nitpick about . Great to see so much effort put in and generally, looking just all around gorgeous. I'm also very much liking the room with the view and all.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    You've got a case that's like two times the size of a regular one and still had to externally mount one of the rads? :P And I think you've also got like twice as much radiators as you'd need, to the point where you're just adding more restriction on the loop. Not like it's necesserily making much of a difference to one way or another..

You know I just had to find something to nitpick about . Great to see so much effort put in and generally, looking just all around gorgeous. I'm also very much liking the room with the view and all.
    Well, I wanted and overkill build that is silent, silence is what I was looking for, hence the overkill amount of radiator. I think I could actually get away with using just one of my pumps for this build, but I find that I'd rather have 2 pumps and reduce stress on each pump while increasing flow. Sadly I had to mount the Swiftech radiator externally, it wasn't originally planned so, but it had to be that way, I bought the rad/pump combo way before I even found this case so I had no choice.

With the CPU maxing out at 60 degrees on the hottest core(the others lying around 56) under Intel Burn Test, and the GPU's maxing at 45 degrees under load I am pretty satisfied with the build. Oh and this is while it is silent, I love the silence <3

So taxes came back around my wedding anniversary. so i decided to build two computers.

Computer 1 (Mine)
    Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH P67
    CPU: Intel I7-2600K, running at 3.4Ghz
    CPU Heatsink: NZXT HAVIK-140 CPU Cooler w. Dual 140mm Fans
    RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Redline 16GB @ 1333mhz
    PSU: SILVERSTONE Strider Gold ST85F-G 850W
    GPU: MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    HDD: 250GB seagate (from the stone age)
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 VTX3-25SAT3-120G
    Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi Black

Peripherals:
    Razer naga
    logitech G105 MW3 edition keyboard
    Asus 24" monitor
    Logitech G930 wireless headset

Computer 2 (Hers)
    Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH P67
    CPU: Intel I5-2500K, running at 3.3Ghz
    CPU Heatsink: NZXT HAVIK-140 CPU Cooler w. Dual 140mm Fans
    GPU: MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    HDD: 250GB seagate (from the stone age)
    Case: some cheap pink case that she wanted.

Peripherals:
    Razer naga
    logitech G110 keyboard
    Asus 24" monitor

hope you enjoy. the reason why the heat sink is mounted horizontally is due to the fans hitting the memory. i had to modify the bottom row on fins as it was to make it fit but in the end it came out good. in the future i will add a couple more fans and rearrange them for proper flow.

Infracted. Don't post over-sized images. And don't remove mod-edits.
    Last edited by passetto; 2012-03-04 at 11:28 PM.

Deleted
    Nidor, Interesting to see someone else using a Lian Li PC343B case, was beginning to think I was the only one that actually bought one
    Although mine looks abit different thanks to the limitless possibilities of reconstruction of the case

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by passetto View Post
    CPU: Intel I7-2600K, running at 3.4Ghz

I have to wonder why you chose a lot of these things. I'm assuming that perhaps you need the 2600K and 16GB of RAM for actual workstation purposes? Or do you only game? Because in gaming your wife's 2500K most likely will do better. Also, does your wife need 16GB of RAM, or was it simply since RAM is so cheap, why not?

850W PSUs? You both could have gotten away with 550-650 watt quality power supplies and had no problems whatsoever, 850 watts is simply a waste of money.

I hope your Vertex 3 SSDs work better for you than they have for other OCZ SATA III customers.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I have to wonder why you chose a lot of these things. I'm assuming that perhaps you need the 2600K and 16GB of RAM for actual workstation purposes? Or do you only game? Because in gaming your wife's 2500K most likely will do better. Also, does your wife need 16GB of RAM, or was it simply since RAM is so cheap, why not?

850W PSUs? You both could have gotten away with 550-650 watt quality power supplies and had no problems whatsoever, 850 watts is simply a waste of money.

I hope your Vertex 3 SSDs work better for you than they have for other OCZ SATA III customers.
    I built these rigs with the future in mind. the last rig i built lasted about 3 1/2 years. i plan on going SLI with both comps in the near future and thus the 850w psu.
    also the power supply is fully modular so its nice being able to remove un needed cables.
    as far as memory it was cheap and i though what the hell might as well. i am going to school for engineering so i am starting to use cad programs and such.

as for the vertex 3 i have heard nothing but good things from the recent batches.

overall each computer came out to about 1600 dollars each built by myself. so in the end it was a deal i couldnt beat.

Quote Originally Posted by passetto View Post
    I built these rigs with the future in mind. the last rig i built lasted about 3 1/2 years. i plan on going SLI with both comps in the near future and thus the 850w psu.
    If you want to run SLI GTX 560 Ti, a 650w is more than enough. Especially without overclocking and only one drive.
    &nbsp;