Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Drunkenvalley crits thread for 100,000,000,000 damage!

I apparently crit it so hard it wouldn't stop showing a "New post!" icon on the thread until you came by, strangely.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I hate those tiny air bubbles. No way to get rid of them manually other than to just let it bleed out of your system for a couple hours.

My photo was apparently posted to BitFenix's facebook /selfpat.

I actually considered the Apogee HD for its multiple inlets/outlets, but in the end I chose to get a reservoir with multiple inlets/outlets instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by googz View Post
    Cooler Master MegaFlows it looks like (which are awesome fans)... but I did notice that Newegg didn't have any last time I checked.

BitFenix also makes some 200mm with LED's but will cost you a good bit more.
    Alright cheers.

Quick other question, if my PSU only comes with 3x 4pin cables, what do I do if I want to put 4 CM fans in a case?

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickz View Post
    Alright cheers.

Quick other question, if my PSU only comes with 3x 4pin cables, what do I do if I want to put 4 CM fans in a case?
    Get a 4-pin molex Y-splitter or get some 3->4-pin molex adapter and use them with your motherboard headers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    Get a 4-pin molex Y-splitter or get some 3->4-pin molex adapter and use them with your motherboard headers.
    Like this?

EDIT: No wait, it has to be the other way around, doesn't it?
    Last edited by mmoc2be3b3a67c; 2012-03-18 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    I hate those tiny air bubbles. No way to get rid of them manually other than to just let it bleed out of your system for a couple hours.
    Already done that, still wouldn't go away, the pesky things. -.-

15+ Year Old Account
    I like the bubbles :> Almost like you had soda in your loop.

By the way, looks magnificent already Drunken! And will be even better as you get your new(?) card in it. Am I picturing things though or do I see a slight tint on that hose coming from the reservoir?

It's clear/UV blue hose. It also appears to show off its color quite nicely when exposed to a certain amount of sunlight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, wrong selection of words. I meant kink, not tint Like when you bend the hose at a slightly too rough angle and it loses it's shape.

And now that you mentioned the tint, the colour looks slightly blueish which adds some nice contrast I think.

There aren't any kinks. But the hose you're mentioning is as short as it would allow me. It would continuously kink when I tried to do a shorter one...

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, there's no kinks...just a little bit of warping...Not a big deal and only amounts to a fraction of a degree difference in a loop. What kind of hose are you using...PrimoFlex seems to have the lowest bend radius without kinking. Is that also 3/8" ID 5/8" OD tubing? I know the thicker 3/4" tubing tends to kink more.

I'm surprised your bubbles haven't disappeared after 24 hours. Is your loop filled to the brim with liquid?
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2012-03-18 at 09:31 PM.

Warping? o.o Dem tubes aren't warped...
    And it's filled as far as the res would allow. Tried adding a wii bit more, but the res wouldn't come back on without basically overflowing those few drops off the side. -.-

Beyond that, I think they'll disappear over time as I let the system rock about. The rest of the system is free of bubbles, far as I'm aware, but those bastards in the res just won't go anywhere, for better or worse.

All right. One final time.

This thread is not for spam or chat, nor critting the thread for X.

No more warnings. (Trust me on that)

10+ Year Old Account
    must not let die.

after building a computer for the wife I had to have one that was at least on par (coming from an iMac). So I built this:

Case: FD Define R3
    CPU: i5 2500k standard clock for now
    Mobo: ASRock z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3
    Cooler: Zalman 9700
    Ram: 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws
    GPU: MSI Twin Frozer 560ti 2GB
    PSU: Corsair TX650 V2
    HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black + 128GB Crucial M4

as I was coming from a mac I did need some new peripherals:

Monitor: Dell ?? (Gave wife the Dell ST2320L and stole her old one will probably be getting my own 2320L soon)
    Keyboard: Logitech K360
    Mouse: Steelseries MMO Cata mouse
    Speakers: Logitech S220 2.1
    Headset: JVC HA-RX700 (thank you Marest for the cheap recomendation, Amazon was also having a sale) + Zalman Clip on mic
    Veridian Dynamics. Friendship. It's so important. But it's different at work. Time spent with friends at work robs your employer of opportunity. And robbing people is wrong. Veridian Dynamics. Friendship. It's the same as stealing.

10+ Year Old Account
    table and chair and what not

Case with light (terrible cables at the bottom)

and case with just blue leds

Case: NZXT Lexa S
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965BE @4.3GhZ
    MB:Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    GPU: XFX 6850BE
    Ram: random kingston at 1333MhZ
    PSU: EPS energon 750W
    random HDD and optic drive

Keyboard: Logitech G15 (the orange one)
    Mouse: Razer Naga
    Headphones: Steelseries4H
    Speakers: Logitech Z523
    Monitor: AOC e2241Vwa 21.5" LED

How it's done. (I made it smaller so you will stop crying)

http://i42.tinypic.com/b55hme.jpg

Editing mod notes is not allowed.

Editing my notes is not allowed either. You can't put words in my mouth!
    Last edited by Youarefired; 2012-04-12 at 08:09 AM.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

boss status?

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    How it's done. (I made it smaller so you will stop crying)

[IMG][/IMG]

No editing my posts but me!

My first attempt at water cooling...Some notes.

* I never cared about PSU length until now. I had to swap out my Antec HCP-850 for a Corsair AX850. No Platinum level PSU is shallow enough.
    * Compression fittings will destroy your fingers.
    * You will probably have to make a couple trips to the hardware store for metric fasteners and washers.
    * Gentle Typhoons have a tick when in a pull scenario (in this case push-pull).
    * When flushing your radiator make sure you replace every rubber drain plug with an actual screw plugs.
    * Putting TIM pads on every DRAM chip on a video card is tedious.
    Very nice, I get my new PC in a few days and this is almost exactly like my build. Gigabyte mobo instead and no tubing, just a Coolit ECO 240 MM.

Finally received my computer that I purchased from Ironside Computers. Everything arrived undamaged, the packaging was very good when I opened it so that doesn't come to any surprise. Set up the computer and everything is working fine so far. I guess the only bad things I have to say is that the power supply cord was pretty short, so I had to rearrange my desk so the cord can reach my surge protector. The other bad thing, not really too big of a deal is that the PC is as loud if not slightly louder then my Alienware. No big deal though. And I also can feel a lot of vibration on my desk. Not sure if this is normal or not, I have a simply folding table from Wal-Mart. I downloaded Speedfan to look at the temperatures and nothing is above 32 degrees Celsius. Ironside actually added two extra fans and I only ordered one extra fan. So I am very happy about that. As promised here is a picture of the inside. I am sorry for the quality of the picture as I took it from a laptop webcam.

http://imgur.com/igCb3