1. #6661
    One note: This was prebuilt and bought in 2007, so I have no idea about some specs

    Case
    : No idea (although it is a HP slimline, gray) - that should give some idea of the sort of case.
    Motherboard: Asus A8N-BR (Pyrite) (1 PCI, 2 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN, IEEE-1394)
    Motherboard Chipset - nVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE, AMD Hammer
    Power Supply: No idea
    Processor: DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2000 MHz (10 x 200) 3800+
    CPU Cooler: A fan
    Memory:
    - DIMM1: Kingston 1 GB DDR2-533 DDR2 SDRAM (5-4-4-12 (at) 266 MHz) (4-4-4-12 (at) 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 (at) 200 MHz)
    - DIMM2: Kingston 2G-UDIMM 2 GB DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 (at) 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 (at) 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 (at) 200 MHz)
    Hard Drive: 250 GB ATA drive
    Optical Drive HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-H20L ATA Device (DVD+R9:8x, DVD-R9:4x, DVD+RW:16x/8x, DVD-RW:16x/6x, DVD-RAM:5x, DVD-ROM:16x, CD:48x/32x/48x DVD+RW/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM)
    OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit

  2. #6662
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    16,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post

    Heaven 2.5 benchmark results vs crossfire 6950's (again, for the past few months I've only been using a single card because I got tired of the drawbacks to multi-GPU gaming, but I didn't think to run the benchmark again with the single card) ... even though the score is "technically" lower, I'd say the 680 wins based on the minimum FPS

    Oh and I tested BF3 in Operation Metro with the settings on the "Ultra" preset, and it ran at 55-60 FPS (I <3 adaptive V-sync, I don't notice the framerate drops nearly as much anymore)
    Time to get Heaven 3.0 son.

    Love your rig as always. What do you plan to do with your 6950?

    Also what is the second SSD? A 180GB something eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

  3. #6663
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hillsborough, CA
    Posts
    1,691
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Also what is the second SSD? A 180GB something eh?
    Mushkin Chronos, looks like.

  4. #6664
    Scarab Lord Mister K's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Under your desk
    Posts
    4,680
    Some nice builds! Il get my mums cam and take pictures of mine this evening! While its not beastly, its decent for my most needs. Then again I do need another HDD due to RMA taking way too long and new cpu/ram for frapsin' ^^
    BattleNet Tag: Supremus#2450
    CASE: Coolermaster Cosmos 2 / MOBO: Asus Maximus Hero VI / CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.2Ghz 1.184v (delidded) / GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 780 3GB 1173MHz, 6589MHz, 1.2v / RAM: G.Skill Trident-X 16GB 2400Mhz / PSU: Corsair AX860 Platinum / BOOT: Samsung 840 256GB x2 Raid 0 /

  5. #6665
    Mechagnome Adappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    711
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Time to get Heaven 3.0 son.

    Love your rig as always. What do you plan to do with your 6950?

    Also what is the second SSD? A 180GB something eh?
    If I used Heaven 3.0 it wouldn't compare to the 2.5 results I had for the 6950's I plan on selling the 6950 and yes, the second SSD is a 180GB Mushkin Chronos I bought to put games on.

  6. #6666
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    16,798
    Well still, use Heaven 3 now. ^_< Because it actually takes advantage of current NVidia drivers. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

  7. #6667
    Im getting my gaming pc next month for $4500 and here are my specs:

    Intel i7 3930k
    Asus Rampage iv extreme
    HAF X cabinet
    Corsair dominator gt 2133 mhz 16gb ram
    Evga gtx 680 4gb sli
    Corsair AX1200 watts psu
    Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooler
    Lg bluray burner
    Intel 520 series 240gb SSD
    Seagate Barracuda 1tb HDD
    Seagate goflex 1tb ultra portable external HDD
    Asus VG278H 3D 27" Monitor
    APC UPS Pro 1000VA UPS
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Mechanical keyboard
    Razer carcharias headset

    I will post some pics after i receive my pc , i currently play games on ps3 and 360 . God Bless

  8. #6668
    Elemental Lord Notarget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Posts
    8,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Gohan View Post
    Im getting my gaming pc next month for $4500 and here are my specs:

    Intel i7 3930k
    Asus Rampage iv extreme
    HAF X cabinet
    Corsair dominator gt 2133 mhz 16gb ram
    Evga gtx 680 4gb sli
    Corsair AX1200 watts psu
    Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooler
    Lg bluray burner
    Intel 520 series 240gb SSD
    Seagate Barracuda 1tb HDD
    Seagate goflex 1tb ultra portable external HDD
    Asus VG278H 3D 27" Monitor
    APC UPS Pro 1000VA UPS
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Mechanical keyboard
    Razer carcharias headset

    I will post some pics after i receive my pc , i currently play games on ps3 and 360 . God Bless
    heh you made zero changes to your build, so much for seeking advice and I'm not sure why you included how much it's going to cost you but whatever. Congrats on on this build whenever you get it together, we'll look forward to some pictures.
    CPU: Intel i7-4790k 4.7GHz MB: ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1-Gaming 1519MHz Boost RAM: Corsair Pro 16GB 1866MHz
    SSD: Samsung 850-EVO 500GB PSU: Corsair RM550 CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Monitor: 1440p Dell U2515H 1080p LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! (not updated) ||Old Build || Antivirus + Security 10 || AV-TEST 2016

  9. #6669
    The Lightbringer Wries's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    3,145

    Temporary table n stuff since I recently moved and need new furniture.

    Now with two LG IPS236V monitors. Already had one but it seems they're being discontinued and I wanted to have two of the same monitor, so bought the second one sooner than I planned.

  10. #6670
    here is a computer that i made like 8 years ago now it came 3rd in a case mod comp:


    http://i.imgur.com/OlnM8.jpg

    http://i.imgur.com/n0O1O.jpg




    Here is the next computer:

    http://i.imgur.com/UwnrB.jpg


    and the computer I have now:


    http://i.imgur.com/xTL0u.jpg

    with these speakers
    focal hmmmm =)



    I apologise for the sizes
    Last edited by Bluxwave; 2012-04-04 at 07:42 AM.

  11. #6671
    I am Murloc! Xuvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,106
    Nice work! Are those m-ATX dimensions? It looks really cute.

    Although I suppose one of the disadvantages of a fully transparent case is that you can't hide the cable spaghetti anywhere...and...well, it looks like a bit of a mess inside :S

    But who am I to talk! It's still something I could probably never pull off.

  12. #6672
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Nice work! Are those m-ATX dimensions? It looks really cute.

    Although I suppose one of the disadvantages of a fully transparent case is that you can't hide the cable spaghetti anywhere...and...well, it looks like a bit of a mess inside :S

    But who am I to talk! It's still something I could probably never pull off.
    yes it was atx if I recall correctly

    and all this was just when case modding came out in australia and glo in the dark cable sleeving and neon lights and fans just came out. Before the case mods there were very beige(plain) towers

    and yes you could see the wires everywhere so i just lit them up

  13. #6673
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    16,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    heh you made zero changes to your build, so much for seeking advice and I'm not sure why you included how much it's going to cost you but whatever. Congrats on on this build whenever you get it together, we'll look forward to some pictures.
    heh.. or will we?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post

    Temporary table n stuff since I recently moved and need new furniture.

    Now with two LG IPS236V monitors. Already had one but it seems they're being discontinued and I wanted to have two of the same monitor, so bought the second one sooner than I planned.
    That looks very clean and very slick, I'd love to sit there and see how it feels/looks. Nice job sir Wries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

  14. #6674
    I plan to upload some proper pic's of my PC/desk etc when I get my peripheral's (corsair k90, Korsair m90/60 and a decent monitor, thinking 120hz for the 680) and also when I get my camera back from my cousin who is oversea's.

  15. #6675
    Got started on my Ivy build this week and thought I may as well bump the thread with some pics ^^

    Decided to go with a general white themed build, and I'm fairly happy with how the painted mesh turned out =]


    Put in the NZXT Hale90 too, to get a feel for it, and must say I like it ^^


    White Vengeance RAM looks as good as I could have hoped really, nice clean white with a nice 'blocky' shaped to it I guess you could call it.


    And finally the H100, with the F12's I decided to stick on it. Planning on p/p but will have to see how big of a difference it makes over just push // how much space it takes up.


    I think with some white sleeving and a decent looking 680, I should have something to be proud of ^^
    Last edited by Resinderate; 2012-04-07 at 11:25 PM.

  16. #6676
    High Overlord Nyq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    194


    Will post the inside of case later but here are the specs:

    Internal Components
    Case: Cooler Master HAF X (blue internal lighting)
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7-B3
    PSU: Corsair AX 1200
    CPU: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz
    CPU Cooling: Swiftech Apogee HD waterblock
    GPU: AMD HD 6990 w/ waterblock
    Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance
    HD 1: WD Black 7200 1 TB
    HD 2: WD Black 7200 1 TB
    SSD: Intel 520 series 120gb
    DVD: Samsung Blu-ray/dvd
    Win 7 Ultimate

    External Components
    Monitor 1: Asus VH232H 23"
    Monitor 2: Asus VH232H 23"
    TV: Sony Bravia 32 in
    Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
    Mouse: Razer Naga
    Pad: Razer Goliathus
    Speakers: Klipsch or something
    Head Set: ASTRO A40's

    On the right is my 27in tv with xbox

  17. #6677
    i7 2600k
    some Asus MOBO
    8GB corsair vengeance
    Gigabyte Geforce 680
    256GB Crucial M4 - OS and Gaming drive
    1 TB Samsung spinpoint F3 - "Data" drive
    Asus Xonar D2X
    Thermaltake toughpower 750w PSU
    Antec 900 case

    Samsung syncmaster P2450 24" monitor
    Cambridge Audio Topaz AM5 amp - Annoyingly I have no adequate headphone out so I may have to replace this amp even though it is great
    Mordaunt-Short Aviano 1 speakers
    Razer Black Widow ultimate keyboard
    Razer Deathadder mouse
    Razer mantis mouse mat - Stupidly big so I use it to store my keys, phone and wallet on too.

  18. #6678
    Mechagnome protput's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    618
    Quote Originally Posted by Resinderate View Post
    Got started on my Ivy build this week and thought I may as well bump the thread with some pics ^^

    Decided to go with a general white themed build, and I'm fairly happy with how the painted mesh turned out =]


    Put in the NZXT Hale90 too, to get a feel for it, and must say I like it ^^


    White Vengeance RAM looks as good as I could have hoped really, nice clean white with a nice 'blocky' shaped to it I guess you could call it.


    And finally the H100, with the F12's I decided to stick on it. Planning on p/p but will have to see how big of a difference it makes over just push // how much space it takes up.


    I think with some white sleeving and a decent looking 680, I should have something to be proud of ^^
    This is going to be EPIC!

  19. #6679
    Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    This is going to be EPIC!
    If only I could get my hands on a white pcb motherboard xD I think I would jizz

    Looking at the z77 ASRock boards now, but unsure what I like/would go with it.

    Probably gonna end up with the extreme4.

    Will update as I add more stuff, really looking forward to finishing this o/

  20. #6680
    @Resinderate, that's the Arc Midi correct? I really, really like the white mesh. I'm also doing a black and white themed build, so I may have to steal that idea. XD

    Also trying to decide if I wanna risk buying a set of the white Corsair braided modular replacement cables and hope that they work with the SeaSonic X750, or just pick up some white BitFenix extensions.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-04-08 at 10:44 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •