Maybe it's just me but barbs just look cheap. Especially if you use hose clamps to tighten them up. Compression fittings are the only way to go :P

PS. I sense some frustration there Marest Core2duo is still going strong as ever!

Running an INTEL P4 3.2 GHZ
    AGP asus 4650 card
    2gb ddr400 mem
    500gig Hard Drive.

Sucks, and cant afford any new things

Take two of my beast. Bought some more red extensions, NZXT ones this time, since the red BitFenix Alchemy PCI-e extensions were out of stock everywhere. Also changed from a Sapphire 7970 to an EVGA GTX 680, because I wanted to go "Team Green" and a long time friend was in need of a new graphics card.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Maybe it's just me but barbs just look cheap. Especially if you use hose clamps to tighten them up. Compression fittings are the only way to go :P

PS. I sense some frustration there Marest Core2duo is still going strong as ever!
    I actually really like the look of barbs with no clamps. I have my loop set up this way with 1/2" barbs and 7/16" ID tubing. If you cut it perfectly straight with a razor blade, the fittings almost disappear. It looks great to me. The only advantages I see with compression over what I have right now is that I have to cut my tubing off the barbs to get it off. Compression fittings done right can be pulled apart in short order and put right back together without having to cut fresh tube.
    "Man is a slow, sloppy and brilliant thinker; the machine is fast, accurate and stupid." -William M. Kelly

Some awesome looking setups here guys. I remember when mine looked shiney and new, but then the dust came, and made me sad Anyone know a way of reducing it apart from watercooling?!

Quote Originally Posted by TriXaM View Post
    Some awesome looking setups here guys. I remember when mine looked shiney and new, but then the dust came, and made me sad Anyone know a way of reducing it apart from watercooling?!
    Dust filters
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Quote Originally Posted by TriXaM View Post
    Put dust filters on all intake fans and make sure you have positive pressure (your fans push in more air than they push out). Clean the dust filters once every month or so, and every 6-12 months (depending on how dusty your place is) take the side-panel off and go to town with compressed air.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Well, the first thing the guy said when he entered the house was "I thought you were selling a computer, not a space ship". Guess he's never seen an (almost-)enthusiast PC before ^^
    And you didn't charge him extra for the "Special Features"?
    Or the Rocket Fuel?

---------- Post added 2012-04-13 at 08:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Put dust filters on all intake fans and make sure you have positive pressure (your fans push in more air than they push out). Clean the dust filters once every month or so, and every 6-12 months (depending on how dusty your place is) take the side-panel off and go to town with compressed air.
    Every month!?

I have to clean mine almost every week
    Last edited by Djinni; 2012-04-13 at 07:37 PM.
    Current Project :::: Virtual Private Server hosting and Modded Minecraft admin :::: http://www.refreshprojects.com/
    Fractal Design Define R4 || Intel i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz || Thermaltake Frio Pull/Push || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws-X || ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO || MSI GTX 560Ti Twin Frozr II/OC || GTX 610 || Samsung 2233RZ || LG IPS236V-PN

Brewmaster
    I don't even have to clean my dust filters but once every few months. If you have to do it every week, you must either be a crazy cat lady or not vacuum very often.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2012-04-13 at 08:18 PM.
    "Wrong. Deterrence deflects 100% of Iron Prison (Not tomb) dmg." -Jaydenkor, 2014

I am guilty of not having actually vacuumed here for, like, months. o_o On the other hand, my system has stayed clean. Note that it's been operational for less than two months since new years though, what with all my tinkering and parts replacing and stuff. xD

I'm currently waiting for komplett.no to actually finish the RMA, then refund me or send a new card. I really want to get this business over with and have my rig complete asap, but it's not gonna be anytime this month I suspect.

High Overlord
    How's the quality on the NZXT extensions? Is the heatshrink pretty uniform? Any show-through in the sleeving itself?

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Cyanotical, any reason you use compression fittings over "normal" fittings? I've been told they're easier to install, and I think they look cooler, but all of the "How To" videos from people (TTL for example) only show "normal" fitting installation.
    they are easier to get the hose on, but the main reason is they are a bit more secure then a normal barb fitting, the compression ring clamps the tubing at the barb's outer most part, instead of using a hose clamp behind, which can crimp the wall of the hose causing a leak

i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | FT02
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei Wireless | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    they are easier to get the hose on, but the main reason is they are a bit more secure then a normal barb fitting, the compression ring clamps the tubing at the barb's outer most part, instead of using a hose clamp behind, which can crimp the wall of the hose causing a leak
    On the other hand, compression fittings aren't excluded from the phenomena of leaks. Poor fittings will not fit the hose tight enough, and the compression ring may simply do fackall.

Shoddy fittings exist entirely regardless of which type you pick, and almost all your fittings will be sealed up better than--*censored*

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    On the other hand, compression fittings aren't excluded from the phenomena of leaks. Poor fittings will not fit the hose tight enough, and the compression ring may simply do fackall.

Shoddy fittings exist entirely regardless of which type you pick, and almost all your fittings will be sealed up better than--*censored*
    the easy solution is to not buy crap fittings

i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | FT02
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei Wireless | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

Currently waiting for Ivy Bridge to come out and once it does I'm ordering it first day (a i5-3570k) and then I'll finally be able to finish my rig its the only piece I'm waiting on.

Going to be inside of a Thor-v2 White, Mobo is an Asrock z77 extreme6 , Ram is 16 GBs of Gskill Ripjawsx, Video card is a Nvidia GTX 680, PSU is a 750 OCZ Modxstream, Cpu cooler is a Corsair h100 Push pull config with 4 blue LED fans, 200mm white LED Side case fan, Front 200mm White LED case fan, All rosewill fans,

Top of the computer glows blue out the vents from the h100 fans side and front come out white then there are blue LEDs along the top of the case inside along with blue LEDS already on the front pannel next to the fan controlers. Rear fan will also be a 140mm Blue LED.

Going to have a Black Caviar 1 tb 6gbs hard drive with a 60 GB MSSD on the motherboard for Intel SRT

Will post pics after I have it all together but it is going to look pretty sexy.

Also will be my first build =O

So I went to a local pc store and added my new gpu

570 gtx msi oc for £200

Blast through everthing I through at it

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    I don't even have to clean my dust filters but once every few months. If you have to do it every week, you must either be a crazy cat lady or not vacuum very often.
    No cats... and girlfriend and her daughter have this thing about vacuming... they seem to do it like every day

But yeah true... I don't vacume very often :P
    Current Project :::: Virtual Private Server hosting and Modded Minecraft admin :::: http://www.refreshprojects.com/
    Fractal Design Define R4 || Intel i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz || Thermaltake Frio Pull/Push || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws-X || ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO || MSI GTX 560Ti Twin Frozr II/OC || GTX 610 || Samsung 2233RZ || LG IPS236V-PN

Vacuum cleaners actually throw a lot of the dust they suck up back out into the room, so instead of the dust lying on a surface doing nothing it floats around and the air currents produced by the fans could suck that dust into the filters.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Starting to drift away from the topic again guys, if you wanna chat, use the Chat Thread, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    And you didn't charge him extra for the "Special Features"?
    Or the Rocket Fuel?

---------- Post added 2012-04-13 at 08:39 PM ----------

Every month!?

I have to clean mine almost every week
    That's why I have a variable PSI compressor in the garage, I unplug everything once every 3 months and clear the dust out of my case with 5 PSI of pressure, it's no worse then buying those overpriced air canisters and I don't worry about harming my computer parts either.

Alternatively, one could just buy a Fractal case and keep all the fan covers closed so you get less dust issues :P