Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I will fully endorse (and I know several other uses here too will) the Corsair Vengeance K90 as a beastly keyboard, especially good for those of us who play lots of games, MMOs especially, or type a lot. Also the full-size wrist-rest is damned AMAZING. Idk why the K60 only has a partial wrist-rest on the left side, but I would be very annoyed with that.

In terms of monitors, any ideas in mind what size/resolution/quality you want?
    ill have to check that out, I was thinking 24" monitor @ 1920 x 1080 seems like a good size to upgrade to.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallish View Post
    ill have to check that out, I was thinking 24" monitor @ 1920 x 1080 seems like a good size to upgrade to.
    That's the biggest 1920x1080 monitor I would suggest, beyond that, I'd say higher resolution, because beyond 24" you typically can start seeing pixel-blur.

Personally I have a 21.5" 1920x1080 monitor. XD It's hilarious sitting next to a 22" 1680x1050 monitor. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Post some pictures Nilan!
    I have literally never owned a digicam in my life :P Nor does my phone have a camera that would do it any form of justice. Anyways, all you would see is the inside. No windows on a sonata 3 (Although I have heard you can get custom case sides for it. Defeats the point for a silenced case though...).

Made sure everything was tidied and wrapped well though however.

Just benched it. Old spec was a Phenom X3, 3870HD, 6gb RAM (Built it October 2008). Guess what? It's between 2 and 3 times faster depending on game. SWTOR PVP is now about 50-60fps but it was 20-30 before for example.

Get a throw-away camera, take pictures, get them developed and scan them in then

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickz View Post
    Looks real nice!

I'm still not sure if I want to get an MSI mobo to fit the blue scheme for my build, or an ASrock mobo since they have a bit better reputation.
    I didn't want to get the latter because of the yellow accents, now I see that they don't really "jump out."

Hm..
    Yeah I was really worried about the same thing when I was looking around at them, even at the gold caps on the extreme4 xD

But yeah after getting it I'm really pleased with how it looks, and the yellow and stuff really isn't that noticable in the general scheme =]

24 inch is the biggest u would suggest? Dude im playing on a 96 inch screen behind a 720p LED projector..and ill never go back!!! HAHA

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalamahara View Post
    24 inch is the biggest u would suggest? Dude im playing on a 96 inch screen behind a 720p LED projector..and ill never go back!!! HAHA
    I've played Xbox 360 on a HD projector (that is 1920x1080) on a 100" projector canvas. The picture becomes so blurry and/or pixelated that it seriously strains your eyes unless you are more than a few meters away. I'd pick a 27" 1440p monitor any day, even if they were priced equally and I had the space. The only reason to fo 100" is if you have the resolution to support it; I'd say 4K minimum.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2012-04-18 at 10:39 PM.

well LED projectors have only been on the market for about 2 yrs..the old style projectors..the lamp LCD projectors dont have nearly as good of quality as the LED ones.Theres practically no glare..and i can even turn on the lights in my room and see pretty dam well..i agree though..lamp projectors werent that great.ive had both..and my LED projector doesnt blur..and the quality is the same as an led or lcd tv.I was impressed how much better the led ones are from the lamp projectors

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    I've played Xbox 360 on a HD projector (that is 1920x1080) on a 100" projector canvas. The picture becomes so blurry and/or pixelated that it seriously strains your eyes unless you are more than a few meters away. I'd pick a 27" 1440p monitor anyway, even if they were priced equaly and I had the space. The only reason to fo 100" is if you have the resolution to support it; I'd say 4K minimum.
    Is the extra 2 inches worth the massive drop in FPS? For most people, it isn't.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Hey all. If you want a bigger chance for in-depth discussions about pixeldensities, you are free to make a whole thread about it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow an ADATA SSD, now there's something you don't see, like, ever. =| How does that thing work out for you?
    My experiences with A-DATA flash memory have been nothing but positive, and I have heard their SSD's are decent for the price.

10+ Year Old Account

Still no CPU in it since well I plan on an Ivy (i5 3450S/3550S) and it's not released. Everything else is in there. Gonna be hard to actually mount the CPU cooler and fasten screws etc without deassembling the entire thing I think. xD Well the back plate is on at least so maybe...
    Quote Originally Posted by ME
    Case: Silverstone Milo ML03
    CPU: Will be a 4-core ivy since that's what's going to be released soon. An i5.
    GPU: Radeon HD 6670 1GB DDR5 Low profile
    Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken II Rev B
    Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-M Pro
    RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz
    HDD: For now it'll be 2x WD Caviar Green 2TB since that's what I bought before the flood.
    TV-tuner: A Hauppage something DVB-C tuner. Already have it, need to find LP bracket.
    LG Blu-Ray drive (burner/reader), that I own already.
    PSU: Corsair VX450W.
    Last edited by Wries; 2012-04-18 at 11:37 PM.

Deleted
    Got the new machine fired up in SWTOR last night, did a few BGs. Averaging 70-100fps from 20-30fps. Worth every penny. Windows Experience index is only giving me a 6.6 due to the Sata II HDD though so its about time to jump up to a SSD by the look of things. Gave me 7.8 for memory and 7.9 for everything else though even if it's not a great indicator of performance.

case - custom mountainmod u2-ufo
    mobo - asus maximus extreme iv
    cpu - i7 2600k at 4.8ghz
    gpu - xfx 7970 *2nd 7970 in process of rma*
    ram - 8 gigs gskill *upgrading soon*
    ssd - 2x crucial m4 120g raid 0
    hdd - 2x western digital caviar black raid 0
    hdd - 1x velociraptor 10,000 rpm -fraps drive.
    psu - seasonic 1250w gold
    12x - 1000 rpm fans
    2x kaze master pro 6 channel fan controllers
    cpu cooler - custom water loop
    water loop - apogee rev2 water block / black ice stealth 360 rad / lanig d5 pump / ek spin dual bay rez / 3/8th-5/8th feser white tubing / ice dragon white coolant

not going to post the entire thing again as i have a thread dedicated to it just posting my rig in the gaming setup thread =)
    full link is here
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post16052811

single picture

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flcrewpolo View Post
    Snip
    That's no computer, it's a space station

Just kidding, but that is a badass looking case.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-04-21 at 01:37 AM.

First bought this computer it was a prebuilt one, wont make that mistake again, but as you can tell some of the parts are still blah. but replacing them!
    My current build: (my i5 2500k, ASRock Z77 Extreme4, and Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8gb ram are coming today)
    Case - Cooler Master Elite 430
    CPU - AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1GHz
    CPU cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
    RAM - 4GB (2GB x 2) DDR3 1333
    Hard Drive - 1TB SATA II
    GPU - EVGA GTX 560 ti
    PSU - 700W
    Motherboard - Don't know which one exactly it is, its an Asus somethin

Cable managements not the greatest. i wanna get a better psu sometime and a new case.
    Will post more pics later after i get my new parts and put them in

Had to make a filter for this fan on the bottom so i took out the front filter of my old case and cut it to fit haha, still gets a lot of dust though

Build is complete! If you want to see all of the pictures, I invite you to view the build log here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...esign-Arc-Midi

I'll just be posting the highlights in this thread.

First off, specs:

CPU: Intel core i5 2500K
    CPU Cooling: XSPC RASA 750 RX240
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Video Card: 2GB MSI GTX 680
    Memory: 16GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline
    SSD: 120GB OCZ Vertex 3
    HDD: 500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue
    Power Supply: SeaSonic X750W
    Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi (with a custom window mod)
    Monitor: 24" Dell U2412M
    Mouse: Logitech G9X
    Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K60

Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-04-25 at 02:40 PM.

Deleted
    Looks good NWN, I'm happy it all went well

15+ Year Old Account
    Man that's looking sweet!

Later you are getting a gpu waterblock too though? That's basicaly the only part at the moment which doesn't fit the colour scheme :P And where's that pump/res combo going to go?

I'd might personally use one 45° fitting from the radiator to the CPU at the begin of the hose. Would make it look tighter and less "hangy". Although suppose it fits somewhat as there's that long tube running arcross the system depending on where you tape the pump .

Anyway :P Top notch and extremelly inspiring!

The pump/res is staying where it's at. It is held in place by industrial strength velcro, so it isn't going anywhere.

I'm not sure if I'll add a GPU waterblock or not, I may, eventually, but there's no plan to as of right now. I may have a pinstriper paint those letters white though, so they match the color scheme. The only upgrade that I have in mind, as of right now, is adding another Vertex 3.