10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Haven't been around in a while, but I recently took a swing at the MiniITX platform. Primary function will be HTPC, but it will double as a small travel friendly workstation. I'm going to Vancouver in a couple of weeks, so I figured now was a good time to build something like this!

<snip picture>

Stats:
    Silverstone Sugo SG05B Chassis w/ basic 350W PSU
    Asus P8H61-I
    Intel Core i3 2100
    2x2GiB Corsair Value DDR3-1333
    500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12
    Yay another Mini ITX builder. Though for different reasons. Looks like a nice build you have there.
    I went with the 600w SG07 for mine (Thread in Sig) and it worked out perfectly, I wish you luck on your GTS 250 travels

Deleted
    So I finally finished my build yay \o/

Fairly happy with it so far and no real major fuck ups seemed to have shown up ^^

Specs:

i5 2500k @ 4.8GHz
    H100 in push/pull (4x Arctic Cooling F12's , 2 PWM)
    ASRock z77 Extreme4
    Gigabyte Windforce x3 GTX 680 OC (Boost on 1180MHz for now)
    1.5TB WD Caviar Black
    128GB Crucial M4
    4x 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP White
    850w NZXT Hale90
    NZXT Sentry Mix
    Asus XONAR DG 5.1 (Not in pics)
    And of course the precious Arc Midi to hold it all! With some painted mesh

And the pics o/ (Excuse the general mess )

And an old pic of my kip of a desk, but the layout hasn't changed unfortunately ^^

Thinking about maybe putting one of the spare H100 corsair fans in the floor, but airflow seems fine for the minute, kept shivering all day sitting next to this thing! With my headset on today I couldn't hear the 680 with it's fan on 90% so I don't think the noise should be an issue at least, we'll see

I think I'll have to make a sig now =]

Cheers everyone for all the help over the last 6 months or so with general queries and planning, couldn't have done it without you!

//Resi
    Last edited by mmoc77d56b5ad8; 2012-07-14 at 01:59 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ordered myself an Antec P280 case today, going to pick it up tomorrow along with a Z77 board. I will be even closer to my final build, minus the liquid cooling of course, as I decided I am going to stick with air cooling so long as I get the right GPU, my H80 is cooling nicely anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Resinderate View Post
    I love the white painted mesh. Nice white/black build. Is that fan control on the front?

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Resinderate View Post

Fairly happy with it so far and no real major fuck ups seemed to have shown up ^^
    I really like the paint job on the mesh, really gives the Midi a nice depth, makes it look more costly than it really is. xD

--

I nabbed my GTS250 from my office workstation for the weekend to fit in and try, here's how it looks in this little case, with a couple better overall views:

red panda red panda red panda!

Very nice Asera, I'll be plugging in the power connection for that graphics card was a pain... looks like a tight fit

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    Very nice Asera, I'll be plugging in the power connection for that graphics card was a pain... looks like a tight fit
    It helps to have small hands.

I need to figure out what card to buy to stick in this machine though, the GTS250 is way too loud. I didn't realize it was because of the noise pollution where I work...

Time to make a thread...

I got a Define XL case for my server this week too, I'll have pictures of that beast tomorrow most likely. <3
    red panda red panda red panda!

The focusing isn't the best, but what can I say, I have a shitty phone

Could have turned the fans around 180° so you see less of the cables, could have been a bit tidier down the bottom, but all in all I am quite happy. And it absolutely blitzes my old computer. I'm going to let it "settle in" for a week before overclocking anything though.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-04-28 at 11:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    I love the white painted mesh. Nice white/black build. Is that fan control on the front?
    Yep it's the Sentry Mix. It fits in neatly with the white LED's for numbers. Its controlling the 2 in the front, 1 in the back, and then the 2 on pull on the H100 atm.

Deleted
    Soon™

Last edited by mmoc2be3b3a67c; 2012-04-28 at 01:38 PM.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post

Could have turned the fans around 180° so you see less of the cables, could have been a bit tidier down the bottom, but all in all I am quite happy. And it absolutely blitzes my old computer. I'm going to let it "settle in" for a week before overclocking anything though.
    Your heatsink fans and exhaust fan are working against each other and both end up having less localized air pressure to work with...

How do you tell which way a fan will blow when it is switched on when it has no arrows marked?
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-04-28 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    How do you tell which way a fan will blow when it is switched on when it has no arrows marked?
    Air goes with the "swoop". I don't really know how to explain it better than that, so I made this quick image:

So the fan at the back is acting as an exhaust?

I had to put the top fan on the middle mounting point because it was in the way. Should I make sure that is an intake, make the heatsink blow to the back and have air being exhausted out the back? Life would be so much easier if people could just mark an arrow on the fan >.>

I wound up redoing my loop when I got my new motherboard. Among the things that came about as a result was me replacing the gold-plated barbs on the cooler with the "silver" 45 degree fittings I had. This time I also added concentrated antifreeze though.

I also did a new approach to the tubing from my res given the pump's new place... I'm gonna have to redo that when I actually get a GPU in there though, since it currently blocks the PCIe slot.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn that looks awesome, Drunken!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Yeah, it looks dorky now by comparison, as I've again stripped it down and rebuilt it, because I found the res touching the rad next to it caused an intensely annoying hum.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, twice today I was trolled by computer technology. Last night I put in an order for a MSI Z77A-G43 motherboard and an Antec P280 case from NCIX that I planned on picking up with it today. So I get to the store, turns out they don't have the case even though the website at the time of the purchase @ 5:30 PM, and up until 5:30 AM this morning, was listed as being in stock. So whatever, I cancelled the case order and bought a Corsair 400R instead, which in itself is a pretty big bastard. So I get back to my friends place, put it all together, and the power supply which I have had for a while and has been working fine, is all of a sudden dead after I put it into my new case.

So now I am RMA'ing the damn thing, at least Sunbeam has a 3 year warranty, getting a SeaSonic 650 watt PSU and selling the replacement along with my Fractal Define Mini and my Gigabyte motherboard as well as some memory and an SSD. I will post pictures of my updated system when I get a chance, I have to wait for new parts to come in, hopefully by mid week.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow that blows man, sorry to hear that.

Good luck on the sales though and nice choice on new PSU!! I have the 660 Seasonic and it's a dream to work with and have in my computer!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks. I am looking forward to having native SATA III on my Patriot SSD the most, that thing is going to blast through stuff, I wish they had a 500GB in that size that was affordable, I'd RAID 0 two of them as additional drives. I am kinda disheartened though as I did a nice job of wiring the case up, now I have to try and get the 12v ATX cable out without yanking out all the other cables.