Which is widely a moot point, since I will be watercooling the card as soon as I determine it's a decent quality one and can afford stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    MB: Asus SABERTOOTH Z77
    Did you pull the "armor" off? Even then it's hard to tell besides the covered USB plugins.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Did you pull the "armor" off? Even then it's hard to tell besides the covered USB plugins.
    He has indeed removed the armor. The armor goes all the way to cover just the edge of the bottom PCIe slot, and as you should be able to see the PCB there is generally visible.

Additionally, with the armor on you would see it covering the rear IO as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    He has indeed removed the armor. The armor goes all the way to cover just the edge of the bottom PCIe slot, and as you should be able to see the PCB there is generally visible.

Additionally, with the armor on you would see it covering the rear IO as well.
    Yeah as you might remember I have one right next to me (still in the box though!). The PCB just looked blue to me but I definitely recognize the covered USB plugs from it. The cable management hurts my eyes!

Yeah as you might remember I have one right next to me (still in the box though!). The PCB just looked blue to me but I definitely recognize the covered USB plugs from it. The cable management hurts my eyes!
    I didn't know you'd received it yet. Gratz! It's absolutely the Sabertooth board, if that's what you were concerned about. The huge gap in the rear IO is an obvious giveaway.

Hey all! I had help from the Computer forum of MMOChamp a month ago building my current PC and I absolutely love it. However, from a curiosity and theoretical standpoint, what component do you think would be a good one to replace to get the biggest gaming improvement of any part of my build? I'd like to hear some opinions.

Components are as follows (I'll return with pics when I have more time thisafternoon):

Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi (black) With 3 140mm case fans + a red Enermax T.B. Apollish 140mm at the front for awesomeness. The LEDs are strong enough that it lights up the whole inside of the case in a deep red, looks fantastic in the dark.

Motherboard: ASRock Extreme4 Gen3

CPU: Intel i5 2500k (factory clock, I'm not confident enough with PCs to know how to overclock correctly)

CPU Heatsink: Cooler Master 212 EVO

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 560 ti 448 Core, 1.28Gb

PSU: Corsair 650W TX V2

Mechanical HDD: Western Digital 500GB, Caviar Blue

SDD: Corsair 120GB, Force Series 3

RAM: Corsair 8GB Low Profile Kit (2x4GB), DDR3, Vengeance Series, 9-9-9-24, Dual Channel

Monitor: Samsung S23B350H 23" Widescreen LED, 1920x1080, 2ms, HDMI

Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X4

Mouse: Razer DeathAdderV2

I've so far been quite happy with the build. The CPU temp never goes above 33celcius, but again this is at default clock, simply because I don't know well enough how to clock it higher for the hardware I have.

Any suggestions of improvements would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Typos
    Last edited by Kalmakk; 2012-05-09 at 05:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scythax View Post
    Hey all! I had help from the Computer forum of MMOChamp a month ago building my current PC and I absolutely love it. However, from a curiosity and theoretical standpoint, what component do you think would be a good one to replace to get the biggest gaming improvement of any part of my build? I'd like to hear some opinions.
    Create a new thread and I'm sure people will answer your question. This here is for posting pictures and specifications of gaming setups and perhaps discuss and comment on them, not a thread for offering fast advice on how to improve a given system.

OT: Nice system, very similar to my old gaming rig actually.

At work so making this hasty! Radeon 6870 Eyefinity 6 Edition, and yes, that TV has my D2 bot running on it

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/u...l/DSC00054.jpg
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2012-05-09 at 08:01 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    That audio system looks BADASS and KILLER. I know very gimmicky words, but I just couldn't think of anything else. I dare question how damned expensive it was? O_O
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    I'm looking for a new desk and I must say that desk is win. Is it available online, or is it custom? Links appreciated!
    Shouldn't be to hard to find it since it's an Ikea Galant desk

Re-posting because I have some pics now.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k OC to 4.6GHz
    CPU Cooling: Corsair H100 Liquid Cooling
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3
    Video Cards: Gigabyte HD7970 (OC to 1100 so far)
    Memory: 8GB - Corsair Vengence
    SSD: 120GB Crucial M4
    HDD: 500GB Seagate Barracuda
    Power Supply: 850W OCZ ZX series
    Case: Corsair 500R

Last edited by Eschbach; 2012-05-10 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Is it a Pentium D/4 or an Intel Core series? The former should be banished
    Core 2 duo thank god...

Looks pretty darn good, Eschbach.

Deleted
    Looks pretty darn good, Eschbach.
    I have to agree, the black/blue colour scheme looks extremely sleek. Well done!

I don't see what you're asking for input on, so I have to agree with mods on merging it here tbf. Looks like an interesting build though, although I don't know if the H100 or the NH-D14 fits in the 550D.

EDIT: Post I replied to has been deleted. :<
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-05-10 at 03:21 PM.

Deleted
    Yes, I had to remove it, to my surprise, the Sabertooth Z77 is NOT compatible with the Prolimatech Armageddon CPU cooler.
    I had to remove the armor and I also had to break off 3 teeth of one of the mainboard coolers in order to be able to mount the CPU cooler.

On the right side of the image you can see the 3 broken (removed) teeth of the cooler:

On this image you can see the position where the outer heatpipe collides with the mainboard cooler (and the thermal armor, if not removed):

So yeah, this is just a warning to those who intend to buy the ASUS Z77 Sabertooth... check first if it works with the CPU cooler you want to use. I didn't even want to buy this, but my old PC died so I had to act fast... and the ASUS high end boards for the Z77 aren't available yet, some of them aren't even announced. So the Sabertooth Z77 was the best I could get at the moment.

Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2012-05-10 at 06:03 PM.

Most of them are out, or announced. There's another ROG board coming out in particular.

Deleted
    Most of them are out, or announced. There's another ROG board coming out in particular.
    ASUS maximus V formula Z77 --> announced, not available
    ASUS maximus V extreme Z77 --> haven't heard anything of this one yet

Deleted
    Well here it finally is, got my last extension cables in today and finished everything

Specs:
    ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
    Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 GHz
    MSI Twin Frozr II 560ti ( soon to be replaced by a 670 )
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB
    Corsair H100 with 2x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1450RPM
    Corsair HX650W
    Corsair 500R case

Replaced all fans with Scythe fans ( except for the exhaust fan, that one works fine ) and hooked them up to a Scythe Kaze Master II.

PICS!

Had no other way to these two power cables unfortunately:

Fits like this:

Looks really good, Rickz! The more Corsair cases I see, the more I like them... I'm just not sure if my radiator will fit in any of their mid-towers.