1. #7081
    Dreadlord Rickz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    827
    Well here it finally is, got my last extension cables in today and finished everything

    Specs:
    ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
    Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 GHz
    MSI Twin Frozr II 560ti ( soon to be replaced by a 670 )
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB
    Corsair H100 with 2x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1450RPM
    Corsair HX650W
    Corsair 500R case

    Replaced all fans with Scythe fans ( except for the exhaust fan, that one works fine ) and hooked them up to a Scythe Kaze Master II.

    PICS!




    Had no other way to these two power cables unfortunately:




    Fits like this:




    Intel i5 3570K @ 4.5GHz | Intel 120GB SSD | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | ASUS GTX670-DCUII
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 | Corsair H100i | Corsair HX650W | Fractal Design R4 | Dual 23" IPS Monitors| Razer Deathadder | Gigabyte Aivia Osmium

  2. #7082
    Looks really good, Rickz! The more Corsair cases I see, the more I like them... I'm just not sure if my radiator will fit in any of their mid-towers.

  3. #7083
    Dreadlord Rickz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    827
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Looks really good, Rickz! The more Corsair cases I see, the more I like them... I'm just not sure if my radiator will fit in any of their mid-towers.
    Thanks!

    It's a great case for the price, and I imagine it can house a radiator just fine, especially considering you can even remove the bottom hard drive cage.
    Intel i5 3570K @ 4.5GHz | Intel 120GB SSD | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | ASUS GTX670-DCUII
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 | Corsair H100i | Corsair HX650W | Fractal Design R4 | Dual 23" IPS Monitors| Razer Deathadder | Gigabyte Aivia Osmium

  4. #7084
    Elemental Lord Drunkenvalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,141
    Off the top of my head, fairly few of Corsair's smaller cases actually allow mounting the H100 even. The 300R and 400R don't, if I recall correct, but the 500R does. Sadly, I can't recall what the 550D is based off of.

    The Corsair Vengeance C70, if I don't recall wrong, aims to be able to fit two 240mm radiators.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-05-10 at 06:49 PM.

  5. #7085
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    16,799
    To be fair - Sabertooth is one of Asus' higher end boards/lines, imho. Also, looks great Rickz!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

  6. #7086
    Elemental Lord
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    8,202
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Looks really good, Rickz! The more Corsair cases I see, the more I like them... I'm just not sure if my radiator will fit in any of their mid-towers.
    I am 100% positive all of the Corsair ATX cases can fit a 240 radiator. The 400R that I have has enough room up top for either a dual 120mm radiator like the H100 or possibly a 2x140mm radiator. Clearance might not be an issue if you use standard size fans, not the really thick fat 38mm fans. If you were doing a push/pull setup, you'd probably have to use 12mm fans (like the Scythe SY1212SL12H fans) on one side of the radiator in order to avoid hitting your CPU waterblock. However the 600TM which even as a mid tower is bigger then the 400R or 500R, but all of those should fit radiators without too much difficulty. Heck, I am sure you could mount a 240 radiator in the front, the Corsair cases are very very roomy.

    ---------- Post added 2012-05-10 at 05:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Off the top of my head, fairly few of Corsair's smaller cases actually allow mounting the H100 even. The 300R and 400R don't, if I recall correct, but the 500R does. Sadly, I can't recall what the 550D is based off of.

    The Corsair Vengeance C70, if I don't recall wrong, aims to be able to fit two 240mm radiators.
    The 400R does mount an H100 in the top, however I don't think you can do push/pull without 12mm fans on it.

    i5 [email protected], R9 290 Windforce, 16GB DDR3 1600, HAF XB Evo, Dark Rock Pro 3 Cooler

  7. #7087
    I am Murloc! Cyanotical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,518
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    To be fair - Sabertooth is one of Asus' higher end boards/lines, imho. Also, looks great Rickz!!
    the sabertooths are built with the same quality and binning as the RoG boards, but lack the multitude of enthusiast features

    i7-6700K | Z170 Class. K | 16GB DDR4-3200 | GTX-980ti | Samsung 950 Pro RAID0 | SuperNOVA 1Kw P2 | Lian Li PC-07S
    ROG Swift PG348Q | Ducky DSX | Zowie ZA11 | Xonar Essence One | Tannoy Reveal 402

  8. #7088
    Elemental Lord Drunkenvalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,141


    ---------- Post added 2012-05-11 at 10:40 AM ----------

    Someone asked on a different forum what fluid I use, so I took a picture of that as well, lol.

  9. #7089
    Is that Anti-freeze and distilled water for car batteries?
    Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Samsung 951PRO nVME 512GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Crucial MX200 1TB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic X850

    Former author of the TankSpot.com Protection Paladin guide

  10. #7090
    Scarab Lord Djinni's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Washington DC, USA
    Posts
    4,203
    Nice RAT :-)
    CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 || CPU: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz || Cooler: Thermaltake Frio Pull/Push || RAM: 12GB G.Skill Ripjaws-X || MB: GigaByte Z97X-UD5H-BK || SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB || HDD: 2x 3TB WD Red, 4x 4TB WD Red, 2x 1TB Samsung SpinPoint F3 || GPU: MSI GTX 970 || VDU(s): Samsung S34E790C, LG IPS236V-PN, Samsung 46 F6320

  11. #7091
    Elemental Lord Drunkenvalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Is that Anti-freeze and distilled water for car batteries?
    Yes, it is indeed.

  12. #7092
    The Lightbringer nocturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    3,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickz View Post
    Well here it finally is, got my last extension cables in today and finished everything

    Specs:
    ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
    Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 GHz
    MSI Twin Frozr II 560ti ( soon to be replaced by a 670 )
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB
    Corsair H100 with 2x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1450RPM
    Corsair HX650W
    Corsair 500R case

    Replaced all fans with Scythe fans ( except for the exhaust fan, that one works fine ) and hooked them up to a Scythe Kaze Master II.
    snip
    Is you H100 blowing internal air out, or pulling external air in?

  13. #7093
    Elemental Lord Drunkenvalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,141
    They're on top, but in push config. So that's intake.

  14. #7094
    The Lightbringer nocturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    3,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    They're on top, but in push config. So that's intake.
    Thought so, that best since you seem to have good airflow from the front to the back. That way the air passes through the radiator and gets pushed out of the back. Same setup here.

  15. #7095
    Elemental Lord Drunkenvalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,141
    Imo that won't make such a huge difference, but what does make a huge difference imo is that Scythe Gentle Typhoon fans apparently make a ticky noise when placed in pull config.

  16. #7096
    The Lightbringer nocturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    3,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Imo that won't make such a huge difference, but what does make a huge difference imo is that Scythe Gentle Typhoon fans apparently make a ticky noise when placed in pull config.
    Should've gone with the noctua ones. They look horrible but are among the best fans out there. Or the articice fans, very good ones too! I'll post a link in a bit

  17. #7097
    Elemental Lord Drunkenvalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,141
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Should've gone with the noctua ones. They look horrible but are among the best fans out there. Or the articice fans, very good ones too! I'll post a link in a bit
    I hope you're kidding. The noctua fans are good, but very expensive compared to simply the GTs seen above, and which is better or not seems to vary entirely from one person to another.

  18. #7098
    The Lightbringer nocturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    3,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I hope you're kidding. The noctua fans are good, but very expensive compared to simply the GTs seen above, and which is better or not seems to vary entirely from one person to another.
    Yea they are expensive. But you've got an H100, which is expensive as well, and underperforms compared to cheaper aircoolers, so I'm assuming money isn't really an issue. And 'expensive', 19 euro...

  19. #7099
    Elemental Lord Drunkenvalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,141
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Yea they are expensive. But you've got an H100, which is expensive as well, and underperforms compared to cheaper aircoolers, so I'm assuming money isn't really an issue. And 'expensive', 19 euro...
    I was beginning to wonder if you'd confused me with Rickz, lol.

    Aside from that, this is silly.
    1. The H100 is a champ cooler by all means. However, it's not by any stretch of the imagination cheap, and the quality of the fans that come with it originally is decent, but loud as they ramp up. Rickz fixed this by going the extra stretch of replacing the fans with one of the most popular and well-performing "classics" out there.
    2. You make an enormously poor assumption when thinking money isn't an issue. Don't ever make the assumption that someone can just spit in some more money, because that's just automatically ridiculous.
    3. And why the heck should anyone go for the Noctua fans over the Scythe GT fans? If you actually read and figured out what you read, you should've noticed that any issues Rickz would've had with the GTs was entirely bypassed by placing the fans in push config.

  20. #7100
    The Lightbringer nocturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    3,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I was beginning to wonder if you'd confused me with Rickz, lol.

    Aside from that, this is silly.
    1. The H100 is a champ cooler by all means. However, it's not by any stretch of the imagination cheap, and the quality of the fans that come with it originally is decent, but loud as they ramp up. Rickz fixed this by going the extra stretch of replacing the fans with one of the most popular and well-performing "classics" out there.
    2. You make an enormously poor assumption when thinking money isn't an issue. Don't ever make the assumption that someone can just spit in some more money, because that's just automatically ridiculous.
    3. And why the heck should anyone go for the Noctua fans over the Scythe GT fans? If you actually read and figured out what you read, you should've noticed that any issues Rickz would've had with the GTs was entirely bypassed by placing the fans in push config.
    Hey hey, relax now buddy. No need to get your panties in a twist. Yes, the H100 is a decent cooler, but not nearly good enough to validate its price. Especially since the Noctua NH-D14 outperforms it, is cheaper and has better fans. There are other better/cheaper air coolers btw. I'm just not going to list them all. A bit of research should be more than enough.

    The stock fans the H100 comes with are horrible, the screws are too long, which damage your radiator so replacing them is pretty much essential. Putting the fans in push config is a bandage, it doesn't actually fix the problem.

    Since there are better coolers for less money available, I assumed you chose the H100 for aesthetics' sake (as I did), rather than perfomance. That's why I thought the extra few bucks wouldn't matter anyway. Clearly I was wrong, my bad.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •