Case: Fractal Design Define XL Black Pearl
    Power Supply: Enermax Platimax 850W
    Motherboard: Asus P9X79 PRO
    RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 16 GB DDR3-RAM @ 1600 MHz CL9 (have to put them all in the right slots because they are to huge to fit under the radiator/fan )
    CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K @ 4.2 GHz
    GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 Dual-X OC-Edition 3GB GDDR5 running Bios 2
    HDD: 1 TB Seagate Barracuda, 320 GB WD Scorpio Black (I 'm going to change it for a big SSD in a few months)
    SSD: 64 GB Samsung 830
    Cooling: Corsair H80 with 2 NOCTUA NF-P14 FLX in push-pull config
    Case Fans: NOCTUA NF-P14 FLX (have to change the fan in the bottom front to a NOCTUA NF-P14 FLX)
    Fan Controller: NZXT SENTRY 2

I'm not satisfied with the cablemanagement ... hate the cables on the right from the Sentry 2. :/

Need to upgrade my peripherals. After I cleaned up my room in a few days I'm going to take photos from my desk and additional from my rig.

I would suggest getting some low-profile RAM, I bet it would fit under the H80 no problem.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820233239

^Essentially the same RAM but smaller heatsinks.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I would suggest getting some low-profile RAM, I bet it would fit under the H80 no problem.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820233239

^Essentially the same RAM but smaller heatsinks.
    Yeah, thanks! I know them but with my old rig I haven't needed low profile and the high profile were a lot cheaper at my retailer. :/ I don't know how much performance I am giving away with the current state (didn't found anything on google about this issue). Low profile on the left and the high ones on the right should also function or am I wrong? If the performance impact isn't that great this "upgrade" has to wait. ^^

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eclesion View Post
    Low profile on the left and the high ones on the right should also function or am I wrong? If the performance impact isn't that great this "upgrade" has to wait. ^^
    Yes, it should, if they have the same timings (CAS Latency, CL) and frequency (MHz), which I do recommend you to match.

As for your other question, it's basically you running them in single channel when you should quad channel. That might help in your google quest.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Yes, it should, if they have the same timings (CAS Latency, CL) and frequency (MHz), which I do recommend you to match.

As for your other question, it's basically you running them in single channel when you should quad channel. That might help in your google quest.
    Ah thanks! So it's quad channel or single channel and nothing in between. In that case my peripherals and the second SSD have to wait (but I think I can make a ramdrive with the additional ram sooo ... more to research. :P That's my first self build rig so I take gratefully any advises from you guys!

Getting my new GTX680 Twin Frozr OC today, very excited. Will post a picture of my complete rig later today.

Can't help but notice how most people have their cases on the left side...and against a wall or something similar and the window is also on the left side of the case so it serves no purpose at all....
    Current Project :::: Virtual Private Server hosting and Modded Minecraft admin :::: http://www.refreshprojects.com/
    Fractal Design Define R4 || Intel i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz || Thermaltake Frio Pull/Push || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws-X || ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO || MSI GTX 560Ti Twin Frozr II/OC || GTX 610 || Samsung 2233RZ || LG IPS236V-PN

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Can't help but notice how most people have their cases on the left side...and against a wall or something similar and the window is also on the left side of the case so it serves no purpose at all....
    One of the reasons why I didn't go to the effort of modding a window in to my Arc
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Thanks Tetris for the monitor & Marest for the build!

- - -

Fractal Design Arc Mini
    Pentium G850
    Antec Earthwatts 550w 80+ Platinum
    XFX Radeon HD 6850 FOC
    2.5TB HDD's & 128GB SSD
    2x 4GB 1866hz Kingston HyperX RAM
    Asrock H61M-HVS

Worked on the first boot, going to install OS, now I'm going to get some well deserved food :P
    The build is made to be used as a HTPC/LAN rig, Dreamhack is in 2-3 days so it's perfect timing. (Except I don't know how the hell I'm going to carry it all the way to Jonkåæøping, Sweden from Denmark... Tetris/Marest do you have a car? :3)
    Last edited by CheezusCrust; 2012-06-13 at 11:23 AM.
    i5-4670k 4.2GHz | AMD R9 280x | 16GB Kingston HyperX | 256GB 840 EVO | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Steelseries Rival | Schiit Stack w/ BeyerDynamic DT 990

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Jonkåæøping
    I don't even...

Anyway gratz on first boot, neat little rig there
    No matter how many rigs one assembles, it's always satisfying to see the baby whirr into action upon first boot.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    You posing on the monitor image is you checking out the viewing angles of that IPS-panel, yes? (if it is you. All you uggu look the same)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I don't even...
    Dreamhack is held in Jönköping.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I don't even...

Anyway gratz on first boot, neat little rig there
    No matter how many rigs one assembles, it's always satisfying to see the baby whirr into action upon first boot.
    Oh yeah. I was so nervous when I was turning mine on for the first time as I had never built one before. Felt great to see it boot up.
    Case: Cooler Master HAF X - Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition - PSU: Cooler Master 1000W 80+ Gold - CPU: Intel i7 4930K - GPU: EVGA GTX690 - RAM - G Skill Ripjaw 16gb (4x4) @2133 Cooling - Corsair Hydro H60 - HDD: Western Digital CB 500gb and 1TB - SSD: Intel 128gb

What a surprise!

Got greeted by a bsod, when I rebooted it my SSD couldn't be found, it's under a year old so I hope I can get a replacement. I tried different sata ports, cables, power cables, my friend's laptop.

Wooo, 5400RPM boot here we go!

Tetris, thats the guy I'm living with's little brother :P
    Last edited by CheezusCrust; 2012-06-13 at 01:45 PM.
    i5-4670k 4.2GHz | AMD R9 280x | 16GB Kingston HyperX | 256GB 840 EVO | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Steelseries Rival | Schiit Stack w/ BeyerDynamic DT 990

Nice build inux.
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Marest do you have a car? :3
    I might. Do you have a DreamHack pass for me?

If you can pick me up in Copenhagen then I'll get one for you :P

/offtopic, talk on either chat thread or facebook.

I'm not exactly happy of the Arc Mini, think I would have been better off with a Sugo 07.. Ohwell

i5-2500k @ 4.4ghz, MSI z77-g45 Mobo, dual GTX 580 3gb Hydro coppers, 8gb 1600 corsair vengeance, Silverstone TJ 07 case. Custom loop with 4x120 rad in the basement of the case.

My messy desk with my 40" and my 32"(currently off)
    Last edited by Sartharias; 2012-06-15 at 06:20 AM.

Nice setup, but do you really sit that close to a 40" 1080p monitor?

The picture makes it look closer than it seems, When I'm sitting there, I am about 2.5 feet away from the monitor, I know that is still really close, but the picture to me atleast makes it looks like I sit like 1 foot away. Also a lot of the time I lean back with my feet up off to the side and put my g13 on my lap and naga on the desk to the left of me to play, putting me further back.

It's still awfully close and considering that the pixel density is extremely low (lower than an old 1024x768 19") I would recommend a monitor change. I mean, even at 1.2 meters away, which is 40% further away than the average 80cm, one can clearly see individual pixels. You got a nice setup no doubt, but that 40" kinda ruins it for me. But hey, if it works for you then great!

Finally got my first self-built rig together and running. Very excited and happy!

Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer
    CPU: Intel i5-2500k ()
    MoBo: Asrock Extreme 4 z77 motherboard
    GPU: EVGA GTX 680
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance black(2x4gb)
    SSD: Crucial M4 64GB
    HDD1: WD 250gb blabla
    HDD2: WD 250gb blabla (dismantled an old external HDD and put it in xD)
    Heatsink: Cooler Master 212 evo with 1 fan only :S
    PSU: Corsair TX 750w v2

Peripherals:
    Mouse: Razer Deathadder 3500dpi
    Keyboard: Some old Microsoft board (Incoming Steelseries 7G or 6G v2)
    Headphones: Steelseries Siberia v2 green
    Monitor: Old 22"? Chimei monitor running 1680x1050

So I only moved the stock 200m fan from front to top and that it I guess? Before I've put it TX PSU I used OCZ ModXstream 500w and it worked perfectly and pretty silent even on 100% load. Any TX 750 users around? My fan seems to spin at 100% anytime and is kinda loud but bearable :S

Well, I'm off to overclocking 2500k :P
    Last edited by Ninjaxl; 2012-07-05 at 03:45 PM.