Hi all. I built my first PC back in January, coming from a MacBook. I hate Windows with all my heart (should have Hackintosh'd it - one day I will) but the build itself has been awesome. I know Mac hardware is extremely overpriced for what you're getting in comparison to what you can build yourself, but the OS is really so much better. Anyway, I never got a mouse/keyboard until yesterday (was using cheapo Logitech mouse and no-name keyboard), and they're what sparked me to change around my setup a little bit today (and I guess finally sign up on MMO-Champ and start posting about it, lol).

I suck at keybinding so I got the Razer Naga 2012 in hopes of it making me a better player. (Question: Is there a way to have the logo always stay on as opposed to keep pulsing? Also: I'm a little sad I missed out on the blue Naga because it would've matched better.)

As for the keyboard, I always wanted to try the Lycosa, and when I was in Best Buy yesterday to get the Naga, there it was on the shelf. It used to be impossible to get in-store where I live, so when I saw it I had to get it just to try it. The reasons it appeals to me is because of the slim, Apple-like keys, nice rubber feel, illuminated keys, and iTunes controls (something I was used to having on a Mac). However, I am fully aware of how much of a piece of crap it actually ends up being for most people. And I have to say, with less than 5 hours of use, the rubber keys already look horrible. I'll probably end up returning it within Best Buy's 30-day policy, which is fine, because I kind of expected to anyway (I'd rather not have to, of course).

Now for my poor quality iPhone pictures. This is my new little corner setup (that is more ideal for watching TV, not that I do often). For reference, I used to have the desk under the shelf on the wall. I think I'm going to like this better.

P.S. My chair is ancient. It must be almost 12 years old. Recommendations are definitely welcome.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-07-12 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torque21 View Post
    I can't post links yet. I guess I'll go post around and come back to edit this right away. Sorry.
    Post it with spaces and I'll edit them in.
    And FWIW, a piece of hardware in itself can never make you a better player, just give you a hardware advantage or compensate for poor keybinding-abilities

Thanks. Out of curiosity, how many posts is the "few" you need to be able to post links?

http://i.imgur.com/h4PQxl.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/6MBgWl.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/eiNcNl.jpg

Fixed links.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-07-16 at 06:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need 10
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    And FWIW, a piece of hardware in itself can never make you a better player, just give you a hardware advantage or compensate for poor keybinding-abilities
    I suck at regular keybinding, therefore making me "worse" than I should be and for the last 5 years or so, limiting me to mostly healing only (with the help of HealBot, keybinding is only a second priority thing). So, if I'm able to master the Naga play-style and can actually play bear/cat the right way like I've always wanted to, wouldn't that mean the Naga made me better? It is compensating for my poor keybinding abilities like you said, yes, but isn't that then also making me a better player because I'm now doing everything properly (assuming I already know how my class and encounters work)?

Am I the only one that uses a ton of space between the desk and the keyboard/mouse? I always see people here with their keyboard and mice on the edge of their desk. I don't find that comfy at all Oo

Here's how much space I have between end of desk and mouse:

Am I just imagining this? lol

90s gameboy poster ftw

I actually agree with you, especially for the mouse arm. I wish my desk was deeper for that reason, but sometimes I do move my skull and monitor so I can push the keyboard/mouse back more to play like that. I mostly do this when I sit with my chair tightly sandwiching me between the desk.

Edit: No, I don't have armrests. I know that's why and plan to get a new chair that does have them.
    Last edited by Torque21; 2012-07-12 at 07:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you not have armrests on your chair? That might be why maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo6912 View Post
    Do you not have armrests on your chair? That might be why maybe.
    I do, I just don't use em big desk ftw ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    I do, I just don't use em big desk ftw ^^
    Just don't lean your elbows on the desk or armrest it's really bad for your joints.

Deleted

Impressed by the Antec ISK-310; more so than the ISK-100. Extremely easy to build in, albeit a bit big for a slim mITX build. Computer will be used as a "kiosk" where I work displaying promos and showcasing different products as well as doing some automated functions (print orders and change them to the proper status when prompted).

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Impressed by the Antec ISK-310; more so than the ISK-100. Extremely easy to build in, albeit a bit big for a slim mITX build. Computer will be used as a "kiosk" where I work displaying promos and showcasing different products as well as doing some automated functions (print orders and change them to the proper status when prompted).
    Dat Wifi adapter placement

Looks good!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like how that looks Marest, nice and tiny!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Err is that SSD just sitting there, or screwed in with invisible screws? Neat little build anyway.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Could be double-sided sticky tape or velcro.

There are screwholes on the bottom that align perfectly with what looks like the 2.5" screwholes next to it.

Pics coming soon:

NZXT Switch 810 Gunmetal
    ASrock z75 Pro3(will be upgrading in the near future to accommodate SLi/Xfire)
    Intel i5-3570k @ 4.5GHz - Finally after many attempts to stabilize it, was a headache and still not entirely sure everything I have it set to is where I want it
    Corsair H100 in P/P with Corsair Air Series SP120 120mms
    Mushkin Blackline 8GB 1600
    ASUS DC2 7950 - Anyone have this card and have suggestions as to how to "prop" it up better so it isn't hanging so much? It's extremely heavy
    WD Caviar Black 1TB
    Corsair AX 750w Modular

Quote Originally Posted by Ferfi View Post
    ASUS DC2 7950 - Anyone have this card and have suggestions as to how to "prop" it up better so it isn't hanging so much? It's extremely heavy
    Don't worry about it. I have a DCII 6970, and they all do it. I suggest you do like I did; I pushed the 6pin-cables in from above, so they add support and hang off of them rather than only the motherboard. That, and tighten the screws.

It won't actually harm it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Don't worry about it. I have a DCII 6970, and they all do it. I suggest you do like I did; I pushed the 6pin-cables in from above, so they add support and hang off of them rather than only the motherboard. That, and tighten the screws.

It won't actually harm it, though.
    Did both of those already. Great minds think alike(I'm sure everyone has who has one has done the same though)! I'm actually not worried about if it'll damage it or not, I was more asking because it looks rather "unorganized" compared to everything else, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferfi View Post
    Did both of those already. Great minds think alike(I'm sure everyone has who has one has done the same though)!
    Hey I'm not exactly a "great mind" but I like my solution just fine thank you very much -_-

http://i.imgur.com/GgFkz.jpg

^ Whiteboard marker wrapped in black tape. Elegance and genius at it's finest.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-07-13 at 05:56 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze