Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Hey I'm not exactly a "great mind" but I like my solution just fine thank you very much -_-

http://i.imgur.com/GgFkz.jpg

^ Whiteboard marker wrapped in black tape. Elegance and genius at it's finest.
    Last post before I post my pictures since we're getting a bit off-topic but I attempted that and the marker was a few inches too short. I thought about cutting a ruler in half and spray painting it black but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I wanted to see if anyone else had a different approach than using "tools" around the house to creatively prop up the heavy GPU. :P

Many Silverstone cases have a very neat way of handling that issue, lol.
    By flipping the motherboard 90 degrees, lol.

Anyway, the watercooling loop is done. With that said, here's a couple of things I'd say people want to consider when modding this case...
    1. If modding a 360 into the roof, I suggest bringing your fans with you, testfitting them as much as possible to make sure the last one slips through properly. Mine doesn't -quite-, but I could sort of wiggle it into place. Beyond that, dremeling the roof sections were the easiest parts of the build, really.
    2. The roof piece won't fit back on without modding. Why? Because there's a tiny bit of plastic over where the new fan is, which collides with said fan... Ergo, it won't fit without cutting that plastic as well.
    3. Things get nasty when you have to cut the 5.25" bay though. The bay is too cramped to work on from inside. However, you only have to gut the floor out and things'll slip in nicely. I suggest making the cut directly across the 5.25" from within, then do the rest from below.
    4. You don't -have- to cut the front for the fans, since the 200mm allows most of the fan to be exposed, but -some- restriction is sure to appear if you don't cut some more breathing space for them. Incidentally, the metal mesh is perfectly aligned to let you mount the four center screws for the two fans, leaving only top and bottom screws missing. (You'll probably need washers to keep them in place though.)

And with that said, here's a few small issues I ran into...
    1. The Alphacool 1/2" barb fittings have longer threads. This was a non-issue for the radiators and the CPU block, but the pump's threads were too short, so the fittings wouldn't screw in to the o-ring, hence they started leaking immediately. I had 90 degree adapters with shorter threads though, so I wound up using those... Don't know about the GPU block, as I went ahead and fitted 90 degrees on it for other reasons.
    2. Alphacool's 90 degree adapters have an enormously short fixed point where the threads are, so it's an absolute PITA to tighten without breaking out some tools.
    3. Alphacool's radiators have a bunch of nice features, but they completely lack any short screws, washers or the like. That seems like a mild suckerpunch.

And finally, one thing I gotta say about EK... the circle design thing looks many times better in person, as you just don't get to feel the scale of the blocks in person. They're frigging huge, and somehow that just makes it look a whole lot better once you get it out of the box.

Picturez tiem

Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-07-13 at 10:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap yes!! GPU block, scythe GT's, everything's there! Very nicely done!

Is the reservoir supposed to have those air bubbles btw?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

A backplate on the GPU would've definitely been the icing on the cake imo!

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Holy crap yes!! GPU block, scythe GT's, everything's there! Very nicely done!

Is the reservoir supposed to have those air bubbles btw?
    Thanks! But no, they're not supposed to be there. They're simply the last remaining bubbles, and take forever and a half to get rid of. Just gotta keep running the rig till they're gone, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    A backplate on the GPU would've definitely been the icing on the cake imo!
    I couldn't decide, to be honest. I kind of wanted to, but I decided that the backplate would've been a bit much when the motherboard has no kind of cover or anything.

On a final note, here's how the front fans turn out without cutting the front of the case.

Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-07-13 at 11:21 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks sick Drunken, very nice job! You going to stick with this rig?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I'll probably do minor changes, such as replacing the fittings. I have to admit that barbed fittings just didn't... feel secure, if that makes sense. I may just go ahead and test Bitspower's compression fitting range.

Additionally, I may opt to do something about refining the mounting of everything. Right now it's not very pretty if you start looking over the cut edges and such, nevermind that the front radiator is an abomination as far as mounting goes lol.

Just bought a 2nd hand PC

Asus VW192S 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor

Thermaltake M9 Case
    AMD Athlon II X 4 620 processor 4 cores running at 2.6Ghz
    4GB 1333MHz Ram
    ATI RAdeon HD5450 512mb
    Palit NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Sonic 216 SP 896 MB (Coming in the mail)
    2TB HDD
    Geforce6100PM-M2 motherboard

Xtreme power 780W PSU

----

New build I'm looking to make in the coming months:

SABERTOOTH 990FX
    AMD 990FX(AM3+) Military-Grade Motherboard with Aerospace-Grade CeraM!X Cooling Tech.
    http://uk.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_...ERTOOTH_990FX/

CPU
    AMD FX-4170 4.2GHz 125W
    http://www.pugetsystems.com/parts/CP...2GHz-125W-8597

CPU COOLER REV. 2 TRANQUILLO
    http://www.gelidsolutions.com/produc...&cid=12&id=64/

2x Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR3 1600MHz
    http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-...-922605/review

GPU, I might go with a Geforce GTX 460

PSU Already have a 780W

Storage:

Already have a 2TB HDD
    Maybe add another 60GB SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I, for one, believe the Macbook Air is the ultimate gaming machine. :trollface:

i5-3427U (1.8GHz, 2.8GHz when turboing a single core and 2.6GHz turboing both cores if thermals allow), Intel HD4000, 8GB RAM and 128GB SSD

Plays vindictus on above-medium (bootcamp), haven't tested any other game yet. Not gonna test many, I think ^^
    Last edited by Wries; 2012-09-10 at 01:23 PM.

The new MBAs have 1280x800 still, right? :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    The new MBAs have 1280x800 still, right? :|
    no that's mbp 13". MBA have had 1440x900 and still do (on the 13")

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    no that's mbp 13". MBA have had 1440x900 and still do (on the 13")
    That is indeed better. Something to consider, then.
    What about the MBA 11"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    That is indeed better. Something to consider, then.
    What about the MBA 11"?
    1366x768!

It's a tiny screen though. But some applications may have trouble with the resolution. Had that reso (on my 15" vaio) and some application windows were simply too large. And video editing, image editing, anything there needed too many pixels used on the tool palettes. Too little screen real estate overall. Might be a lil' different in OSX, though. Haven't tested.

That and the shorter battery time made me go for the 13". Also some might find the 11" too small to work on for a longer amount of time, I'm guessing.

I recently completed building my brand new rig! It is really awesome and my old computer was 3 years old, so I felt like I wanted something completely new. I built it with a friend of mine. It's my first time building a PC and his second. I believe we did a good job
    The spec list is (it is also in my signature):

CPU: Intel i5 3570K @ 4.00GHz (for now)
    - with a Corsair H100
    GFX: ASUS GeForce GTX 670 2GB
    MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
    PSU: 750W Corsair TX V2
    HDD: 1TB Western Digital
    SSD: 120GB Corsair Force Series 3
    Chassis: Cooler Master Storm Stryker
    Monitor: 23" Samsung SA750D & 21,5" Samsung Syncmaster P2270
    Keyboard: Logitech G510
    Headset: Logitech G35
    Mouse: Steelseries Diablo III Mouse

My main monitor is also rather new (got no direct pics of it right now). Bought it 4 months ago and then I figured out that i couldn't use it after all, because of my old graphic card didn't have a DP-port and my new monitor didn't have DVI-port. Therefore I had to wait for my new rig to be able to use my monitor. I was a bit saddened at first, but now I really enjoy using it and I don't mind the waiting time. It even has 3D!!

Pics:

Last edited by Shakatoss; 2012-08-06 at 06:51 PM.
    Rig:
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H100 | ASUS GTX670 2GB DirectCU II | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
    750W Corsair TX V2 | 1 TB WD Caviar Black | 120GB Corsair Force Series 3 | Cooler Master Storm Stryker

Goddamnit I love the look of the Sabertooth boards...
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Question, why is everyone getting 16gb of RAM? I was lead to believe 8gb is sufficient in most cases?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manu9 View Post
    Question, why is everyone getting 16gb of RAM? I was lead to believe 8gb is sufficient in most cases?
    It's cheap and it was rumored to become less cheap. But if it's useful today or not depends on what you do. If you just intend to play games, 8GB RAM is well enough right now.

Quote Originally Posted by manu9 View Post
    Well, in my case I almost only did it because I can :P And I also use After Effects and Sony Vegas so I like a little more RAM
    Rig:
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H100 | ASUS GTX670 2GB DirectCU II | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
    750W Corsair TX V2 | 1 TB WD Caviar Black | 120GB Corsair Force Series 3 | Cooler Master Storm Stryker

I see, thank you for the answers, yes, my uses are basically gaming and some photo editing, a little media etc.

I will post my setup once I buy it and set it, should be by the end of Aug

Deleted
    Love your rig Shakatoss ill post pics of mine as soon as i manage gpu power cables somehow, i cant route them behind the back panel because they are too short and stiff and for some reason gainward decided they will put connectors on the most visible place ever.. looking for ideas
    Here is the comp:
    Intel i5 3570k
    Asus p8z77-v
    Gainward 670 Phantom
    8GB G.skill sniper
    Cooler Master M2 620W
    1TB Seagate Barracuda
    128GB Crucial M4
    CM Storm Trooper
    Scythe Mugen 3 rev b