Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I'll change the direction once I go all-out watercooling with the GPU included in the loop.
    Dooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiit nooooooooow.~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Dooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiit nooooooooow.~
    580 isn't worth the trouble brah and I think my chip sucks because I can't seem to go past ~920mhz stable even with the vcore maxed out (1.150v) so it's reeeally not worth it.
    I'm seriously waiting for GK110. It's going to be the god of all GPU's, hopefully capable of pushing 120fps at high/ultra and certainly one deserving of a waterblock.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-07-18 at 09:08 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    120fps on high/ultra in what game? O_o
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Oh yeah, fun story.
    So dustinhome.no was being slow in processing our order, despite us having paid up front already. So we call them and ask. Turns out they only had 1 kit of 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum left, while we'd ordered two (4x8GB for X79's quad-channel).

After a bit of internal discussion, me and my brother concluded that we'd just drop one kit and let me have 16GB of Dominator Platinum, while he gets my 32GB kit of Corsair Dominator.

Hopefully we have all the stuff before the weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Post pictures damn it!!!
    "A flower.

No pictures to be had yet. However, I also ordered Corsair's blue braided cables for this rig.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    120fps on high/ultra in what game? O_o
    Every single game

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I think my weekend project this Saturday will be to swap my workstation and server cases around, so I can use this HD5970 that I got for free.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I'm seriously waiting for GK110. It's going to be the god of all GPU's, hopefully capable of pushing 120fps at high/ultra and certainly one deserving of a waterblock.
    I'm holding off buying GPUs until the next generation, because I honestly doubt that the GK110 will hit the GeForce-series.
    I wouldn't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I'm holding off buying GPUs until the next generation, because I honestly doubt that the GK110 will hit the GeForce-series.
    I wouldn't hold my breath.
    With Nvidias new GPUs being a lot less power-hungry this might be correct seeing how GK110 is almost twice as big as GK104, but they might also keep it for the 700 series. It makes no sense for Nvidia to release a single GPU card that can almost compete with GTX690.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    With Nvidias new GPUs being a lot less power-hungry this might be correct seeing how GK110 is almost twice as big as GK104, but they might also keep it for the 700 series. It makes no sense for Nvidia to release a single GPU card that can almost compete with GTX690.
    As we understand it, supposedly the GK110 was supposed to be the original GTX 680, then NVidia saw how "crappy" the 7970 is, essentially, and said the GTS 650~ is about equal, so bumped it up to the 680 position and held off on GK110.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    As we understand it, supposedly the GK110 was supposed to be the original GTX 680, then NVidia saw how "crappy" the 7970 is, essentially, and said the GTS 650~ is about equal, so bumped it up to the 680 position and held off on GK110.
    You are exaggerating a lot here. It was the GTX 670 Ti who got renamed. So it was just a step down.
    They also didn't see it as crappy. They realised all they needed was the GTX 670 Ti.
    And with the release of the GTX 690 they showed they had no need to "soil" the 600-series with the GK110 who as far as we know may have other issues, making them prefer the GTX 670 Ti.

I mean, rather than want a super hungry, warm but powerful GPU like they've been known for, they could get people to associate them with a power-efficient, cool-running and still pretty powerful GPU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pardon me, read somewhere it was the 650.

I thought that seemed a bit extreme.

Still though tetris, I think we would have been interested in seeing just what the GK110 could do, it is after all quite large and the supposed stats were stupid-ridiculous.
    "A flower.

New stuff! Who wants another Sabertooth Z77?!

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Black
    Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z77
    Power Supply: NZXT Hale82 750W
    Processor: i5-3570k 4.5GHz@1.25v
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 p/p (2xAerocool Shark White pushing, 2xCM Excalibur pulling)
    Memory: GSkill Ripjaws Z Series 4x4GB 2133Mhz
    Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce 560 Ti (w/Backplate)
    Hard Drive: Crucial M4 128GB SSD
    Storage Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM

It passed a full OCCT 1hr test, but evidently taking the screenshot didn't work for the OC thread.. Ugh, gotta run it again.
    Last edited by Ryann; 2012-07-18 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryann View Post
    New stuff! Who wants another Sabertooth Z77?!

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Black
    Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z77
    Power Supply: NZXT Hale82 750W
    Processor: i5-3570k 4.5GHz@1.25v
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 p/p (2xAerocool Shark White pushing, 2xCM Excalibur pulling)
    Memory: GSkill Ripjaws Z Series 4x4GB 2133Mhz
    Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce 560 Ti (w/Backplate)
    Hard Drive: Crucial M4 128GB SSD
    Storage Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM

It passed a full OCCT 1hr test, but evidently taking the screenshot didn't work for the OC thread.. Ugh, gotta run it again.
    Sexy stuff man! Gonna upgrade the GPU soon?

Was just gonna wait for next-gen series, probably grab a "780" or w/e whenever it comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    in the official statement Nvidia made a while back, they said they are not sure if the Geforce series will ever see the GK110, the GK104 is so far more than enough for gaming,
    currently they are planning on the GK110 being used for Teslas and Quadros, with a remote possibility to see a Geforce card sometime late this year depending on what AMD releases, otherwise nothing till Q1/Q2 of 2013

Boo. We'll see then. Maybe a 670/680 within the next couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    in the official statement Nvidia made a while back, they said they are not sure if the Geforce series will ever see the GK110, the GK104 is so far more than enough for gaming,
    currently they are planning on the GK110 being used for Teslas and Quadros, with a remote possibility to see a Geforce card sometime late this year depending on what AMD releases, otherwise nothing till Q1/Q2 of 2013
    I guess it makes sense to put the really high-end stuff in the workstation cards, that you can charge thousands for (I think the latest fermi Quaddro card was something like 4500 dollars) and will actually see sales at such a high price.

I'm rather sad we never saw a GTX 660 or 660 ti. Of course they may still be on the way, but I feel nVidia are lagging behind here very badly.