10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    No watercooling in this rig? oO
    there really is no point anymore, ever since SB came out, you hit other limits long before thermals, and i don't run a high enough clock on my 3960x to really push the thermals anyway, so why bother with a high maintenance loop when i dont have to

but, i am building a second FT02 that will be watercooled, its a power workstation for my brother, everything but the firepro and ram will be watercooled

10+ Year Old Account
    Another reason why I may just keep the H100 on my CPU and throw my next GPU into a simple GPU > rad > pump/res > GPU loop.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

CPU: AMD FX-8150 Eight-Core Processor @ 4.02 GHz
    CPU Cooling: CoolerMaster Hyper 212
    Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46
    Video Cards: AMD Radeon 6870 860MHz/1120MHz
    Memory: 8.00 GB Corsair Vengeance 9-9-9-24 @ 1600 MHz
    SSD: 120GB OCZ Vertex 3
    HDD: 500GB Western Digital / 320GB Western Digital / 1TB Hitachi
    Power Supply: OCZ ModXStream 600 W
    Case: Antec Eleven Hundred
    Monitor: LG Flatron 22"
    Mouse: Razer Naga
    Keyboard: Razer Lycosa
    Headset: Razer Carcharias

Also Pictured:

Apple Retina Display MacBook Pro (Intel i7-3615QM @ 2.3 GHz / 16GB RAM / 250GB Flash Memory / NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 900 MHz)

Apple 20" iMac (Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.66 GHz / 4GB RAM / 1TB HDD / NVIDIA GeForce 9400M)

So an update on the whole fan grill on the 600T's roof... I decided to cut away the bars running through the center, as they were bumping into the fans and thus wouldn't fit back on at all.

The result was that if fit like a glove. The center of the mesh is a bit more flexible than it used to be, but that's probably also from having to remove the mesh in the first place to do the cuts, and then not refitting it back on tight enough. /shrug

So... bunny-eared 600T returns.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Stationary tower on Wifi makes me a sad panda.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Yup, I recently moved into an apartment with a few roommates.
    First order of business: the modem goes in MY room.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Wifi is for tablets and smartphones IMO.

It makes me sadpanda too, but I sure as hell don't want to sit in the living room with my dad. -.-''
    And I could technically drag cable, but that's such a goddamn PITA when the house isn't setup for it in the slightest.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-07-24 at 06:55 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    My new 670 came today! Finally got rid of the 90degree 460! Booted up WoW and set everything to maximum and this lovely card is sitting at 45 degrees. The room is so much cooler now!

I'd take a picture but it's dark now and I only have an iPhone camera. Next on my list is a new case, more RAM and a nice looking CPU cooler.

Here's a link to the card I purchased.

There are sometimes issues that prevent cabled connections to the modem. In my case, the room my computer is in has no phone socket and the closest one is on the other side of the house, well out of range for a 100ft cable, so I have to begrudgingly use wifi.

Now, for OT stuff.

Since I ran into some cash recently I've decided to upgrade my desktop before the money is sunk elsewhere. I'll be upgrading my motherboard to a Z77 board and a 3750k cpu, and I'm also gonna add in a Corsair H80 for better cooling, and some LED fans and/or cathode lights just to make it look badass and fit the theme.

Gonna be buying all the parts today and *knock on wood* hopefully everything goes without a hitch and I'll be on here later today/tonight posting some pics once I get it all set up.

Edit: Can anyone comment on H80 vs H100? I've watched/read reviews but I cant really make up my mind, the only reason I'm asking is because the H100 is only $13 more than the H80.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2012-07-24 at 08:34 PM.

Deleted
    why is everybody buying the gigabyte windforce 670 btw? from what i've seen the MSI twin frozr 4 power edition is cheaper, runs cooler, quieter and can be overclocked higher.

gonna buy one for my rig in a week but don't wanna spend that much money on an inferior card.

CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2GHz with Corsair H100 cooler
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB
    GFX: 2 x Gainward GeForce GTX 680 Phantom 4096MB
    HDD: 2 x Seagate Barracuda XT 3TB
    SSD: 2 x Intel 520 Series Cherryville 240GB
    PSU: Corsair 850W

Trying to find out of my motherboard supports 64GB RAM, if it does then I'll be running 64GB soon.

I actually used to have the modem and stuff in my room. Alas, for whatever reason the signal went bad somewhere between here and the ISP's "box" down in the backyard there. (Delivered via cable TV.)

---------- Post added 2012-07-24 at 08:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    Trying to find out of my motherboard supports 64GB RAM, if it does then I'll be running 64GB soon.
    You don't actually mention what motherboard it is lol. But it should be perfectly able to, although my brother only runs a 32GB kit of Corsair Dominator RAM.

That kind of seems awfully overkill haha.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Etc.
    As far as H80 vs H100 goes, the H100 wins, although not by a mile exactly, but many cases can't fit it, while almost any case can fit an H80. Can you fit a dual rad in the roof or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    As far as H80 vs H100 goes, the H100 wins, although not by a mile exactly, but many cases can't fit it, while almost any case can fit an H80. Can you fit a dual rad in the roof or something?
    Yep, I've got a Coolermaster Stormtrooper so I have plenty of space available. Guess I'll go for the H100 then, since the price difference is marginal at best and hey why not.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Which motherboard do you have? Can tell you in a moment if you know.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    There are sometimes issues that prevent cabled connections to the modem. In my case, the room my computer is in has no phone socket and the closest one is on the other side of the house, well out of range for a 100ft cable, so I have to begrudgingly use wifi.
    CAT6 cables are good for 1000Base-T up to 100m (328ft)

Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    why is everybody buying the gigabyte windforce 670 btw? from what i've seen the MSI twin frozr 4 power edition is cheaper, runs cooler, quieter and can be overclocked higher.

gonna buy one for my rig in a week but don't wanna spend that much money on an inferior card.
    Gigabyte is cooler
    Gigabyte is cheaper than MSI

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    This seriously still amazes me. They put on an aftermarket cooler and do some overclocking (I think?) and all that, and still only charge reference cost. <3 Gigabyte.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water