Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Well that looks hot.
    I'm not that hot about the circle motif on the cpu block.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheafie View Post
    Are you all ready to cry painfully?...

Motherboard: Intel i865P Motherboard
    CPU: Intel Pentium 4 at 3.0ghZ
    Memory: 2gb DDR 400 (?)
    Hard Drive: 150gb SAMSUNG SP1604N
    Video Card: NVIDIA Geforce 7600 GT 512mb
    Sound Card: Built-In (Headphones)
    Headphones: Gamecom 777
    Monitor: Some crappy Japanese model TV Screen called YES
    Mouse: Razer Naga
    Mousepad: None
    Keyboard: Some crappy old school COMPAQ keyboard

FEEL FOR ME GUYS... Feel for meeeee...
    PENTIUM 4!!!! heheehe

Least you have some Caviar Blacks in RAID0. Or are they actually Caviler? Is that like an older series?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc
    4 hours seems slow for sure, wonder why that was. What firmware do you have on your m4? I have the m4 too and you absolutely need to be on 0309 at least or a later one like 000F I believe it is.
    The M4 is new so it came with latest firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Actually I had the same issue a while back and when i looked up the issue it turned out it was a USB device making the install hang at a certain point. It could also be other devices but my fix was to unplug my mouse and keyboard. After that there was no issue.
    I'll have to try that next time, remove everything not needed for PC to run. (Got USB mouse and microphone). I'm trying to live without physical drives, so will continue to install from USB pen regardless.

Alright, I'm not gonna post pics but I did upgrades on me and the fiancées PCs this week. New stats are as follows:

Mine

CPU: i5-3570k OC @ 4.3 (so far)
    GPU: Asus 580 GTX DirectCUII OC @ 900/2150
    RAM: 8 GB Patriot Gamer 2 1600
    Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V PRO
    SSD: Crucial M4 128gb
    HDD: WD Caviar Black SATA III 1 TB (32 MB cache)

Accessories etc. listed in my prev post

Hers:

CPU: i5-2500k OC @ 4.1 (so far)
    GPU: Asus 560ti 448 Core DirectCUII (no OC yet)
    RAM: 8 GB Kingston Hyper X Blue 1600
    Mobo: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    SSD: Crucial M4 128gb
    HDD: WD Caviar Black SATA III 500 GB (32 MB cache)

Minor upgrade for me, but huge for her. Kicked up her benchmarks by ~45%...surprising amount of bottleneck from her old CPU (e8500 OC @ 3.8)
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Deleted
    My 2 year old setup still doing what it is supposed to do, but due for several upgrades within the next 6 months:

ASRock P55 Deluxe 3
    Intel i5-760
    Gefore 460 GTX SLI
    4gig Ram
    Samsung F1 Spinpoint 1TB
    and some 850W power supply.

Peripherals:

My trusty Iiyama ProLite B2409HDS
    Logitech G500
    Razer Nostromo/Lycosa
    Gioteck EX05 Wireless

I'm looking for a GPU and CPU upgrade. No idea how good my mobo will handle future upgrades. No idea if more than 4gig ram is necessary, but I might swap them out for 2*4 sticks. An SSD is on the list too, since my case has one of those SSD docks on top.

This was my first custom PC. Before I always bought those store-configured desktops. It's a bit peculiar really, since I know absolutely nothing about my PC (even though I have opened my case several times and fixed some mechanical issues, it doesn't look that complicated really. Only the intense wiring the techies from the webshop have done for me looks like it's quite a feat) I'm a bit 'scared' of upgrading.
    Perhaps I'll just buy my upgrade parts from the webshop again and have them re-assemble it for a small fee. Or I might just do it myself with plenty of internet manuals

But it still runs BF3 maxed out, with shadows disabled (so not really maxed out ), so it'll be capable of running GW2, Black Ops 2 and the new Fifa/NBA games too.

It's also my first PC that allows me to run basically all recent games. And that at the age of 24. Bit sad
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2012-07-26 at 04:30 PM.

Deleted
    http://i.imgur.com/WYLfP.png

So you don't have to click on the link that I posted earlier. :P

Yes, I love Logitech.

You can't see the case but it has a Cooler Master elite 330 case (though without the sidewindow, just a panel)
    i5 2500 (not K, not K, just the locked version)
    Cooler Master Hyper 212+ for that processor
    GTX 460 1GB
    8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws ram
    Corsair 500CX PSU
    AsRock DE/S3 mobo
    Western Digital 500GB HDD
    And a optical drive of course.

* User was infracted for oversized image
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-07-26 at 05:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    I'm looking for a GPU and CPU upgrade. No idea how good my mobo will handle future upgrades. No idea if more than 4gig ram is necessary, but I might swap them out for 2*4 sticks. An SSD is on the list too, since my case has one of those SSD docks on top.
    To be perfectly honest with you here, I wouldn't start upgrading that apart from an SSD. Not now, not yet. Like you said;
    My 2 year old setup still doing what it is supposed to do, but due for several upgrades within the next 6 months.
    If it's doing what it's supposed to, why upgrade? And in case you nevertheless decided to upgrade, you'd be stuck with "dead" socket meaning that board doesn't support the newest CPU's anymore. You'd have to buy motherboard, CPU and new RAM and GPU if you so desired. That'd be more like complete overhaul instead of upgrade so I just wouldn't do that yet. Wait for couple of years when it starts to struggle to keep up and then buy the newest (which will be far superior compared to what you could buy now which'd be minorly better than what you have now). That's what I'd do anyway.

Oh and if you're looking for a nicely priced, great performing and solid quality SSD, check out the Samsung 830. As far as installing it yourself it's a piece of cake. Screw in, plug the 2 wires and go. Installing a GPU would be similar (infact, so would pretty much anything inside your PC).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    To be perfectly honest with you here, I wouldn't start upgrading that apart from an SSD. Not now, not yet. Like you said;
    If it's doing what it's supposed to, why upgrade? And in case you nevertheless decided to upgrade, you'd be stuck with "dead" socket meaning that board doesn't support the newest CPU's anymore. You'd have to buy motherboard, CPU and new RAM and GPU if you so desired. That'd be more like complete overhaul instead of upgrade so I just wouldn't do that yet. Wait for couple of years when it starts to struggle to keep up and then buy the newest (which will be far superior compared to what you could buy now which'd be minorly better than what you have now). That's what I'd do anyway.

Oh and if you're looking for a nicely priced, great performing and solid quality SSD, check out the Samsung 830. As far as installing it yourself it's a piece of cake. Screw in, plug the 2 wires and go. Installing a GPU would be similar (infact, so would pretty much anything inside your PC).
    Thanks for the advice. The SSD is coming soon, so that should be quite the upgrade. The moment I have to go to Low, it's a sign that I need something new. I've never really been used to perfect graphics, but then again I tend to play older games anyway. So that 'Low' might be far, far off

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post

<snip>

/excited!
    Impressive PC360 is basically an HD558 with a mic attached.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Impressive PC360 is basically an HD558 with a mic attached.
    Amazing headset. Been using one personally for over a year and I love it.
    Desktop: i7 6700k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 1080ti Gaming X | EVGA Classified K | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V @ 3200MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) Micron 2TB SSD (Games) | Seasonic 750W Titanium | Corsair 750D | Acer x34 Predator Benq PD3200U
    HIDevolution NP9877 Laptop: Delidded i7 8700k @ 4.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 1080 | 16GB G.Skill @ 2946MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) 2x 500GB SSDs (Games) | 1440p 120HZ GSync Display

I got my HDD working today when i finished up my cable management. I have more plans of making all my cables blue and a lot of modding work but it will have to wait until i get some more money again. Anyway for now here is the results!

Terrible cable management back behind:

Inside the case:

Outside the case:

Please don't make fun of the awful panel in my room :P

I tried to take a picture in the dark with no camera flash and it was terrible. The blue lighting off the fans is really nice and makes the inside of the case look just as nice as well.
    Last edited by Usako; 2012-07-27 at 07:00 AM.

Jelous of those rigs

Got a new pc:
    Define XL
    Intel i7 3770K + Mugen 2 rev b
    Corsair 8gb Vengeance 1600 mhz
    Asus 670 gtx dcii
    intel ssd
    samsung 500gb x2 raid 0
    lg bluray player

Dell u2711
    Logitech mx performance and g110

Denon avr 1611
    Jamo s608
    Jamo s60 cen
    Jamo s602 rear

DT 770 pro headset

Picture of the pc will be shortly going to do cable management on monday and get some good pictures with my dslr

Also cant post any links >.<
    Last edited by Konijntjes; 2012-07-27 at 08:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkusagi View Post

I tried to take a picture in the dark with no camera flash and it was terrible. The blue lighting off the fans is really nice and makes the inside of the case look just as nice as well.
    Just letting you know that the 3rd fan (closest to exhaust) on your PH-TC14 cooler is doing absolutely nothing, most likely hindering airflow.

Otherwise nice tidy-looking rig, love the blue theme you've got going there.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-07-27 at 11:51 AM.

Looking good but how are you going to close youre case on the back side panel ?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkusagi View Post
    I got my HDD working today when i finished up my cable management. I have more plans of making all my cables blue and a lot of modding work but it will have to wait until i get some more money again. Anyway for now here is the results!

Terrible cable management back behind:

So got new stuff, including the sidepanel as done by Corsair. Honestly, it seems a bit more frail than the one I have already... Two of these quick-DCs will be replacing my reservoir (ie fill up the loop, bleed and then disconnect), because my pump will be installed into this. The latter will be used in the Cosmos II's waterloop, the parts of which should arrive soon'ish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Corsair AIR series? Are those the AP or SP ones? On paper they look like real performers, hope they turn out nice for you.

It's a toss-up between SP series and Scythe GT's for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Corsair AIR series? Are those the AP or SP ones? On paper they look like real performers, hope they turn out nice for you.

It's a toss-up between SP series and Scythe GT's for me.
    They are the Corsair Air SP120 Quiet Edition fans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    They are the Corsair Air SP120 Quiet Edition fans.
    is the ticking sound you can hear in the 75% of the video coming from the fan?