The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuckoos View Post
    yes i would imagine so, im upset since i ordered my pc in may since my old one went down that the new 690 werent available quite yet so i had to go with the 3 680's which im not complaining bye no means they rock but the new 690 is so op atm makes me drool. but for GW2 ill be fine
    As I understand it though, dual GPU cards are a pain in the arse, anyways. :P

Also, when do we get pictures? :3
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    my new monitors should be in within this week ill have to restructure my whole setup too accomidate the monitors since my chassis sits on my desk i had previously taken pictures on my old 3g iphone but pics came out really bad.. its been dropped more than a few times once i get everything hooked up ill grab my wifes camera and take some new pics

my new monitors should be in within this week ill have to restructure my whole setup too accomidate the monitors since my chassis sits on my desk i had previously taken pictures on my old 3g iphone but pics came out really bad.. its been dropped more than a few times once i get everything hooked up ill grab my wifes camera and take some new pics
    Looking foward in seeing them sitting on a single 27" dell atm love that monitor

10+ Year Old Account
    i have one question guy at bestbuy told me other day not a employee hes running 3 23 inch monitores not 2560x1440 and he said while playing GW2, in WvW or spvp he had it setup when he was playing his center screen showed his toon then each side left/right showed the side of his toon while running around, meaning he didnt have to look over with his mouse to look that way giveing him a huge advantage in visibility, is that even possible cuz it didnt sound right to me

10+ Year Old Account
    i have one question guy at bestbuy told me other day not a employee hes running 3 23 inch monitores not 2560x1440 and he said while playing GW2, in WvW or spvp he had it setup when he was playing his center screen showed his toon then each side left/right showed the side of his toon while running around, meaning he didnt have to look over with his mouse to look that way giveing him a huge advantage in visibility, is that even possible cuz it didnt sound right to me
    I'll PM you with a reply since that question has more to do with GW2 and less to do with the gaming setup. That kind of thing should either be asked in it's own thread, the Computer Chat thread or in the GW2 sub-forum.

@OT My NZXT LED 2m thingy-stuff arrived yesterday! After raging about how it would fit in none of my PCI slots (retarded design) I finally realized that my CM Sniper had an 8th vertical slot, so it went there. Pics when I get home.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Set up a push/pull h100 in my 600t case lol, was a damn nightmare all for like 7C less. I broke a screw off too so its only on by 3 which probably isnt helping my temps durrrr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh even 2 screws holding a fan (diagonally) have the same effect as 4. If the screws are STUPIDLY ANNOYING to put in, I only bother with 2.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-08-01 at 06:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i meant on the actual heat sink touching the cpu, not just a fan

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    Well i meant on the actual heat sink touching the cpu, not just a fan
    You should probably replace that asap.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have nothing to replace it with really. I cant send the h100 back since i mangled it pretty good to make it fit in my case. Ill weigh my options at my work shop and possibly just mock up a replacement with a regular nut/bolt and some washers or something. For now im rocking it with 3 and it seems to be doing fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    I have nothing to replace it with really. I cant send the h100 back since i mangled it pretty good to make it fit in my case. Ill weigh my options at my work shop and possibly just mock up a replacement with a regular nut/bolt and some washers or something. For now im rocking it with 3 and it seems to be doing fine.
    Was more thinking of just going to the hardware store and get a new screw.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just build this computer 1 months ago im still working on some thing like getting my Chipset watercooled and prob get another Graphic card in but overal its a beast there is no game i cant play xD

My Rig:

Case: Cooler Master COSMOS II
    Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme x79 Extended ATX
    Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 850W
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3930K 6x 3200 MHz (Sandy Bridge E, WOF.)
    CPU Cooler: Custom made Watercooling system (goes for Graphic card too)
    Memory: GeIL 32 GB DDR3-1600 Kit Evo Corsa Quad kit
    Graphics Card 1:EVGA GeForce GTX 680 Hydro Copper
    Hard Drive: OCZ VerTeX4-512Gb-560 Mb/s and i got a Western Digital WD1000DHTZ 10k Rpm(VelociRaptor)
    Soundcard: Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus

External Hardware:
    Keyboard: Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse: Razor Naga
    Headset: Logitech G930 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset
    Desktop Speakers: Logitech Z 5500
    Monitor 1: 27" LG Flatron

Will post some Foto's later when i get a good camera mine is shitty lol coz im also still working on the watercooling tubes.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2012-08-01 at 11:39 AM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Will post another pic when I have some free time for cable management

i5 2500k @ 4.3ghz
    CM Hyper 212 EVO
    GSkill 8gbs 1600
    AsRock z64 extreme 3 gen3
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    500gb seagate hdd
    Corsair TX650v2
    HAF 912
    Last edited by Blulight; 2012-08-01 at 01:56 PM.

Current Build:

- 600t Case
    - Phenom II 1035t @ 3.12 GHz w/ H50
    - ATI 4890 Crossfire
    - 16GB Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600 MHz
    - 74 GB WD Velociraptor
    - 750 GB WD Black

Wow, that's a really narrow motherboard.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    jmt, either it is the picture, or it is the reality, but I love how the insides of your computer look!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I remember when 4890 CF was pretty much the only thing that could maintain 30+ fps in Crysis @ 1080p at max settings. That's a classic rig :P

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Yes, the motherboard is very narrow. I'm not sure why, though. I am weighing options on how to change the white on the side panel. I'm looking at a thin, adhesive black foam panel instead of paint. It'd be nice to add a little sound deadening to the case if possible.

I built this rig in May of this year. I have been piecing parts together since May of last year, when I bought that H50 on clearance for $20. I got the 4890's from New Egg brand new for $75/piece on Black Friday.

Some of the parts are old tech, but they are still running great.

I've got water blocks coming for the 4890s. Even with all the reviews I read, I never imagined they would be as hot as they are. However, the known fan noise issue was remedied by me right off the bat, so they're not too terrible loud.

Edit: Here's a shot of the box with the flash on.

Last edited by jmt; 2012-08-01 at 09:16 PM.

I couldn't quite get the pictures I wanted with the complete absence of light, even with some borrowed light from the house. We haven't connected cables yet, but the loop's been bled and stuff. So we're about done.

Specs
    i7 3930k
    P7X79 Deluxe
    Corsair Dominator 32GB (4x8GB)
    Corsair Force 3 240GB
    EVGA GTX 680
    Corsair AX 850
    Cooler Master Cosmos II

We were originally going to install a third radiator in the roof, but I realized post-arrival that the 45mm rad I'd picked wouldn't quite fit in place. Durp. Until we can remedy that, I've gone back on my plan and just gone with two 240mm rads in the bottom... Which are completely unsecured, because goddamnit I can hardly budge them in the first place where they are now.

Watercooling specs
    EK Supremacy Copper/Plexi
    EK CSQ GTX 680 Copper/Plexi
    MIPS Nickel/POM Asus X79 blocks
    Alphacool D5 Pump Station (bay res+pump)
    Alphacool XT45 240mm x2
    Enzotech compression fittings and adapters
    Primochill Primoflex Pro 1/2" ID tubing

The tubes on the motherboard are messier than I wanted them to, but I couldn't find a cleaner route. Damned things kinked with what I originally planned, and the alternatives I could think of would largely end up worse looking again. :<

Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-08-01 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmt View Post
    Current Build:

<snip>

- 600t Case
    - Phenom II 1035t @ 3.12 GHz w/ H50
    - ATI 4890 Crossfire
    - 16GB Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600 MHz
    - 74 GB WD Velociraptor
    - 750 GB WD Black
    Can I ask you what the fan at rear is called? and if it's a 140mm?
    Cause I've been looking for 140mm white LED fans and it's rather hard to find a place to buy them in Denmark. I had to look on ebay and amazon to find good ones with a rather low postage price. I've found one now though, but I'm just curious
    Rig:
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H100 | ASUS GTX670 2GB DirectCU II | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
    750W Corsair TX V2 | 1 TB WD Caviar Black | 120GB Corsair Force Series 3 | Cooler Master Storm Stryker