10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    So getting me one of these in red
    The best part is the LED on/off switch and variable brightness (dim to christmas). I know most cases these days come with those for LED fans, but most LED fans suck in terms of pressure/dba :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    The best part is the LED on/off switch and variable brightness (dim to christmas). I know most cases these days come with those for LED fans, but most LED fans suck in terms of pressure/dba :P
    Haha, a few of my fans are red already, but they're just weak and one of those would really fit the red/black theme I'm trying to pull off.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    computer not found
    iiiiiicwutudidthar! ;D

Mr. Admin Mod this page isn't working. =/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    going to be buying either a 670 windforce or SSD, storage, modular power supply, braided cables and case fans tomorrow. not sure if i want a graphics card or a ton of other smaller parts that i wouldn't particularly notice.

will post picks up on saturday depending which i chose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    going to be buying either a 670 windforce or SSD, storage, modular power supply, braided cables and case fans tomorrow. not sure if i want a graphics card or a ton of other smaller parts that i wouldn't particularly notice.

will post picks up on saturday depending which i chose.
    If you do not already have an SSD it will be a noticable upgrade, perhaps get the SSD and safe some more for the GPU?

Quote Originally Posted by Booteh View Post
    If you do not already have an SSD it will be a noticable upgrade, perhaps get the SSD and safe some more for the GPU?
    Go with this IMO, an SSD really is a noticeable change.

OT: I was tempted to buy a 7950/s today, but I snapped out of it and saved some money instead and bought the nzxt red led kit to spice up my case, of course that means I have to sort out the mess that are the cables in my case lol, and I gotta find a way to stop these graphics cards from sagging.

Just installed my new 140mm Akasa AK-195 fan with white LED's

Pic (also of my complete setup actually):

Also I'm considering replacing my 2 120mm fans on my H100 with some white LED fans too, although I can't decide if it's gonna be too light and if it's gonna blind me :P. It would probably look awesome as hell, but I'm still not sure.
    Last edited by Shakatoss; 2012-08-06 at 06:49 PM.
    Rig:
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H100 | ASUS GTX670 2GB DirectCU II | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
    750W Corsair TX V2 | 1 TB WD Caviar Black | 120GB Corsair Force Series 3 | Cooler Master Storm Stryker

Nice Stryker.

I found some lights to properly shine up my rig with while I take pictures, yay. No, I'm staying the heck away from installing anything resembling LEDs and such within the case itself. Just the debug LED, glowing Asus logo and some other small accent lights is more than enough for me. Maybe a soft white...

The SSD is just using velcro. Perhaps too much velcro, because I damn well nearly snapped off the cover on top trying to remove it last time.

Goddamn that 1st pic is sexy Oo

How did you manage to do your psu cables like that drunken?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    <Snip>
    You're almost there; just scrap the AX750 for an HX-series PSU to go along with the blue colour scheme
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

10+ Year Old Account
    What, do you mean the cable management? Or the blue sleeving? Those are cable sleeves, you can do it yourself if you have the time, patience and tools. OR you can grab Corsair's sleeved kits for their PSU's...wish all PSU makers did this....I suspect that's what Drunken is running (no offense if you sleeved those yourself Drunken!):

http://www.corsair.com/en/power-supp...cessories.html
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    What, do you mean the cable management? Or the blue sleeving? Those are cable sleeves, you can do it yourself if you have the time, patience and tools. OR you can grab Corsair's sleeved kits for their PSU's...wish all PSU makers did this....I suspect that's what Drunken is running (no offense if you sleeved those yourself Drunken!):

http://www.corsair.com/en/power-supp...cessories.html
    Perhaps I should have clarified, I meant the cable sleeving haha. Oooh I didnt know that they're available as kits.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2012-08-03 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelly View Post
    Yup, I recently moved into an apartment with a few roommates.
    First order of business: the modem goes in MY room.
    I recently moved in with my g/f: the modem goes next to MY PC! Who cares that the walls are so thick we can't get wi-fi in the bedroom, I'm not using wi-fi on a desktop!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Corsair sells whole cable sets in certain colours.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

The cable sleeving is the Corsair kit. I found out I could get them pretty cheap, so I decided I'd check 'em out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinho View Post
    You're almost there; just scrap the AX750 for an HX-series PSU to go along with the blue colour scheme
    Hell no. I'm sticking with the AX series for its modularity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Hell no. I'm sticking with the AX series for its modularity.
    Spoken like a true computer nerd.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Booteh View Post
    ya i just ordered a samsung 830 SSD, spinpoint storage drive and a asus xonar sound card instead of the graphics. will get that next month when I have a little more.

got it on next day delivery so hopefully I will have it running tomorrow and i can post some pics!

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, looking forward to the pics, crazypearce! Which Xonar card did you get? (there's a crap ton)
    "A flower.

Deleted
    D1/DX pci version. was debating getting a pcie card but opted to chose a PCI one to give my graphics more space and leave my second slot free incase I ever decide to get crossfire/sli.
    Last edited by mmoce6d6d6a277; 2012-08-03 at 01:14 PM.