Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2012-08-16 at 10:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do have to say, even though the cable management is crap, and the potential work-ability is limited, the FT02 is still one of the best and highest quality cases i have ever worked with
    Last edited by Cyanotical; 2012-08-16 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Many pictures, handle it!
    That looks great, wish I had a fortress and color matched parts.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Marest, you tease.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Marest, what sound card is that in your case? (Assuming it's a sound card.) O.o
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Looks like an ASUS Xonar DX to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Rear fan should be turned to intake, feeds the reservoir fans (that's how I've got mine setup, anyway).
    I was thinking of leaving it in, I actually replaced the stock fan.
    But I may remove it completely.

I just have to be careful of negative pressure. Don't want it to be sucking dust in every little gap.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fierae View Post
    Had another one of these arrive:

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...816_183924.jpg

Added it alongside the previous:

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...816_185931.jpg

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...816_185910.jpg

Sorted! Palit Jetstream 4GB 680's running in SLI.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/4137775

Slight overclock of +60 on each core.
    ..... I am jelly. x_x

Post in the GPU OC leaderboard thread!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by FearXI View Post
    I was thinking of leaving it in, I actually replaced the stock fan.
    But I may remove it completely.

I just have to be careful of negative pressure. Don't want it to be sucking dust in every little gap.
    Don't you already have huge amounts of negative pressure? You have 2 fans pushing in air and 5 out?
    Last edited by n0cturnal; 2012-08-17 at 04:02 AM.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

*snip*
    Lovely sleeving work there. Really need to get around to doing the rest of my PSU in white. Glad to see another Silverstone user as well. Hard to show any interest in new cases when the RV and FT series are so unique and efficient.

Here's a grainy webcam shot of my RV02.

http://i.minus.com/jycGh1NCxcZf7.jpg
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-08-17 at 01:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Don't you already have huge amounts of negative pressure? You have 2 fans pushing in air and 5 out?
    Exactly.
    I'm looking into using the lower rad 4 fans pushing in and the 6 fans pushing out.

Exactly.
    I'm looking into using the lower rad 4 fans pushing in and the 6 fans pushing out.
    Still tons of negative pressure and you'll be supplying your top radiator with already heated air, pretty much negating even having that top radiator in the loop in the first place.

Long story short, your front radiator isn't doing anything special. You may be dropping 1-1.5c in temps, but not much more. You would be better off taking it out of your system altogether and setting up some proper air flow. If having two radiators for whatever reason is an absolute necessity, make one of them external.
    Last edited by glo; 2012-08-17 at 05:21 AM.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Still tons of negative pressure and you'll be supplying your top radiator with already heated air, pretty much negating even having that top radiator in the loop in the first place.

Long story short, your front radiator isn't doing anything special. You may be dropping 1-1.5c in temps, but not much more. You would be better off taking it out of your system altogether and setting up some proper air flow. If having two radiators for whatever reason is an absolute necessity, make one of them external.
    I think I'll give it a try.
    If anything I could put it back in if the temps are higher than I'd like.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    When it comes to water cooling, negative pressure actually creates better circulation with less turbulence and fewer hot spots, though loop temps might increase slightly.

The front radiator is of course, not useless. The more radiator surface area the better the heat transfer...it doesn't matter if the hot air is going into the case. What matters is that heat is being transferred into the air at all.

If loop temps are what is most important to you, the best configuration would probably be to have every single radiator fan as intakes and the single rear fan as an exhaust. If you want balance, I would just leave the configuration as front-intake, top-exhaust with the rear fan as an intake.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2012-08-17 at 06:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    nVidia GTS 250
    AMD Phenom 9600 quad core
    320 GB harddrive
    4GB RAM
    4 fans, one on graphics card, one on processor, one on the top back of tower and one in the front on the bottom,

besides the graphics card and one fan, that's been my setup for about 3 years, and its still serving me well
    Last edited by Holypowah; 2012-08-17 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    When it comes to water cooling, negative pressure actually creates better circulation with less turbulence and fewer hot spots, though loop temps might increase slightly.

The front radiator is of course, not useless. The more radiator surface area the better the heat transfer...it doesn't matter if the hot air is going into the case. What matters is that heat is being transferred into the air at all.

If loop temps are what is most important to you, the best configuration would probably be to have every single radiator fan as intakes and the single rear fan as an exhaust. If you want balance, I would just leave the configuration as front-intake, top-exhaust with the rear fan as an intake.
    What?

You are aware that the ambient temperature within his case is going to directly influence his top radiator, right? Just because the top radiator will be transferring heat off of the radiator itself doesn't mean that it wouldn't have drastically better performance with room temperature air to start out with in the first place.

Regardless, unless he's going to -heavily- overclock, the 360mm rad is plenty, especially with only 2x GK104. He can plop the extra fans in push / pull and be set.
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

15+ Year Old Account
    What?

You are aware that the ambient temperature within his case is going to directly influence his top radiator, right? Just because the top radiator will be transferring heat off of the radiator itself doesn't mean that it wouldn't have drastically better performance with room temperature air to start out with in the first place.

Regardless, unless he's going to -heavily- overclock, the 360mm rad is plenty, especially with only 2x GK104. He can plop the extra fans in push / pull and be set.
    I wouldn't say so, actually. Not drastically better at least. Probably few degrees at the best. And it would improve the temperatures inside the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually going to do just that. I want the highest stable OC I can get.

I'm actually going to do just that. I want the highest stable OC I can get.
    Then at least swap the triple rad up top as an intake, keep the rear as exhaust, use the bottom mounted fan mount for intake for the front radiator and use the front rad for exhaust.

Logically that's the best I can come up with. The rear exhaust (at an appropriate RPM) should pull the heated air out as soon as it comes in, and the bottom intake should supply sufficient fresh air for the front radiator. If you want to further neutralize the air pressure, you can swap your PSU around so the fan is pulling from inside the case.

build pics

Finally got around to doing some of the upgrading I've been talking about.
    Switched out my crappy 50$ budget board and Phenom II x4 965

Current Specs
    I5-3570k @4.2ghz (going to push this further)
    Gigabyte Z77-3DH (Friend bought wrong mobo accidentally and never returned it so he left me have it for half price)
    2x2GB 1333 (Next upgrade is probably going to be this)
    6870 Core@974 Memory@1200 (Christmas I'm going to up this to either a 670 or a 7970)
    Rosewill Challenger (Either going to build next case or going with a corsair 500R, but I do have to say best damn budget case ever. Cable management, Backplate cut out, tool-less Design and decent room)
    Antec BP550 (also a decent budget item at the time)
    2x1TB 7200 RPM (one WD other Seagate)
    120GB OCZ Vertex 3 (Worked really well despite everything I've ever heard about it)
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D