Indeed, can't agree more on that. Here's hoping that won't be a hassle for you! ;D
    Do the panels bow any noticeably, or is it just an impression I get in general?

Well i plan on getting 2 7970s.
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Indeed, can't agree more on that. Here's hoping that won't be a hassle for you! ;D
    Do the panels bow any noticeably, or is it just an impression I get in general?
    They're fine, maybe it was just the camera angle. It's just kind of a shame how such a good case can have it partially ruined with such a window panel, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaV View Post
    Well i plan on getting 2 7970s.
    Still overkill with a 750w PSU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    new addition, figured it has some place here :P
    ]http://i.imgur.com/iyx1xl.jpg[/IMG]
    Ultrabook powaah! Though since you posted it in the "gaming setup"-thread you now have to install a game on it for it to be legit

What specs did you get, btw?
    Last edited by Wries; 2012-08-22 at 04:14 PM.

Deleted
    Notebook: Asus UX32VD-R4002V (UX Series)
    Processor: Intel Core i7 3517U
    Graphics Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GT 620M
    Display: 13.3 inch, 16:9, 1920x1080 pixels, glossy: no

got the hdd swapped for corsair SSD today and ram stick from 2gb to 8gb :P

soon some games for fun on it (did fresh w7, so atm it's screaming need moar drivers -_-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Still overkill with a 750w PSU.
    Better overkill the PSU than "Underkill" it It's not a massive overkill anyway, just a slight one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Better overkill the PSU than "Underkill" it It's not a massive overkill anyway, just a slight one.
    But it is. Dual 7970 and a 3570k will only use around 450-500W max load. With overclocking the setup might reach 600W, but we are talking during stress-tests with both the CPU and GPU. Only reason to get a 750W PSU is for the proper connectors.

You're gonna get right connectors with the AX 650 too tho, for one.

Even if the computer can draw 600W under 100% load (which it will never be running at), most of the time it will be idling around 80W, can't imagine it needing more than 400 when gaming.

15+ Year Old Account
    Since we're a bit on PSU topic right now....

I currently have a TX750w, (that I got for free 4 years ago with my old PC) non modular... lots of extra wires clogging up space and stuff... corsair really put LOTS of connectors on this one...

I don't really care for price.. Need something FULLY modular (because it obviously looks better finished ;D).. and I was looking directly at corsair website for an AX750 and individual sleeved cables...

I plan on o/c'ing my cpu as much as I can (hopefully up to the 5.0 club ;D), so should I get a smaller PSU, stick with a 750 or what? (probably by next summer, SLI setup)
    Last edited by spaace; 2012-08-22 at 05:37 PM.

650w should cover SLI GTX 670, landing somewhere at <70%.

But really, this is not a quick question, quick solution thread. Make a new thread instead, or join the chat thread.
    &nbsp;

or join the chat thread.
    Just a suggestion but could the mods move it over to this forum? A lot of people probably don't even know there's a general computer chat thread since it's all the way in the Fun Stuff forum and it would be easier for people to just ask in there if it was actually on this forum.
    3930K . RIVE . 2x 7970 . Cosmos II . AX1200 . 3x Dell U2312hm
    Computer Setup / DH / huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Kristie View Post
    Just a suggestion but could the mods move it over to this forum? A lot of people probably don't even know there's a general computer chat thread since it's all the way in the Fun Stuff forum and it would be easier for people to just ask in there if it was actually on this forum.
    No.
    There's a sticky, that should be enough.
    Besides, as a chat thread, it's more apt for fun stuff.
    Also, post counts don't count in Fun Stuff, which is another advantage.
    &nbsp;

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristie View Post
    Truthfully I did not know there was a chat thread until today...>.<
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop complaining about PSU's being overkill, sometimes they come in at a good price point, on more than one occasion i have seen the AX850 on sale for the same price as the 750, and there is nothing wrong with tons of overkill, 750/850 may be overkill for a quadcore/670, but it's not overkill for a quadcore/sli, there is nothing more upsetting than to get a new GPU or second GPU only to find out after it arrives that you are a few amps short on your PSU

nor can you point to efficiency loss, if you really care about those 50 or so watts you are wasting by not being in the optimal power range, shut off a light somewhere
    Last edited by Cyanotical; 2012-08-22 at 07:15 PM.

Deleted

Sorry about the bright screens haha
    Last edited by mmoc0a09494339; 2012-08-22 at 07:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    Stop complaining about PSU's being overkill, sometimes they come in at a good price point, on more than one occasion i have seen the AX850 on sale for the same price as the 750, and there is nothing wrong with tons of overkill, 750/850 may be overkill for a quadcore/670, but it's not overkill for a quadcore/sli, there is nothing more upsetting than to get a new GPU or second GPU only to find out after it arrives that you are a few amps short on your PSU

nor can you point to efficiency loss, if you really care about those 50 or so watts you are wasting by not being in the optimal power range, shut off a light somewhere
    Im in agreement with this, i dont know why people are so crazy about having the perfect psu in these forums. If you get a nice price just go overkill and dont worry about it at all.

Deleted
    @to make it officially "gaming" i present sc2 on native res(yes 1920x1080) with medium settings

Last edited by mmoce1d4ab16bc; 2012-08-22 at 07:57 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also, post counts don't count in Fun Stuff, which is another advantage.
    Sure they don't count.

But I still hit 10k+! ;D

Thought this was in Fun-stuff.... now I see it's not. wtffff.

Lucifuriex, your monitors look... oddly bright. x_x
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2012-08-23 at 02:24 AM.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water