Quote Originally Posted by defer09 View Post
    How much did the cooling system cost you?
    With the bits I couldn't actually use in the end, and the bits I opted not to use, I paid ~7k NOK total. The costliest piece was the pump/res combo, which in the end I don't especially like due to the droning noise in the video.

Picked up a MSI 670 GTX Power Edition for $375, Horray. The thing is a BEAST.. I love it.

Got the rest of my parts in (new fans for the H100).

Cleaned up the back of my case... a few times... Couldn't get the back panel on, so I had to move things around..
    the TX750 from corsair... even tough I got it 4+ years ago, and works fine... has too many extra wires I can't hide and they are starting to get annoying..

Lost track after 50 tie wraps.. and trimmed them up

That blue fan is only a place holder because I lost one of my dust guards in the back.
    3DS FC: 5172 - 0403 - 7277
    Pokemon Y Safari Steel Type (Feroseed, Forretess, Brozong)
    Bravely Default
    White Mage|XIV Stream

Built a computer to my girlfriend this weekend. She has been stuck with the same POS for over five years now so I felt she deserved a new one.

Specifications:
    • Cooler Master Elite 430
    • ASRock B75 Pro3
    • G860 3.0GHz
    • Samsung 830 64GB
    • Optilac DVD RW +/-
    • Corsair Value 2x2GB
    • XFX Radeon HD 6870
    • Antec VP450

A very budget oriented build throughout. The Elite 430 was a bit of a hit and miss. No proper SSD mount and no space between the motherboard tray and the back-panel (at all), but it was cheap. I will say though that my expectations for the Double Dissipation cooler wasn't too high, but it performed admirably - especially since the card was less than 1400 SEK.

Build itself was around 3500 SEK, including the SSD but excluding her previous HDD. She wanted purple LEDs throughout the chassis but had to "make do" with the blue LED fan. Might get her some red and blue LED-strips later for a nice purple shine.

I also got some nice stuff for myself but I'll get to that once my order arrives.
    Last edited by Marest; 2012-08-27 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    "She wanted purple LEDs throughout the chassis but had to "make do" with the blue LED fan. Might get her some red and blue LED-strips later for a nice purple shine."
    Purple leds Now there's an epic thought..

At Drunkenvalley; I feel like I've seen you go trough 4-5 different builds in the past months.. Make up your mind already! Looks extremelly sleek and spot on at the moment though. Maybe constant fiddling around has actually paid off. :P

I can't settle down though, lol. This build makes an awful droning noise, so the pump and res are being replaced by XSPC's D5 bayres... Hopefully, the color is also closer to the PC than the RP-1200 was.

Come to think of it. How's one 240 rad working for you? Good enough temps (with low fan speed I spose)?
    Last edited by Ghâzh; 2012-08-27 at 08:04 PM.

The temperatures are honestly fine, surprisingly.

http://imgur.com/a/nK2tw/

My build. Not perfect. But I was so satisfied and proud of myself when I completed it considering I have never touched a computer component before. The cable manegement still bothers me but I didn't touch it since I know I'm never going to make it the way I picture it.
    Last edited by Theeb; 2012-08-27 at 09:43 PM.

Build must've taken you days! Taking a picture of every step :-P

Welll well it was a historical moment. First step is always the hardest and I was hesitated to build it myself. Now I have an urge to build another one just for the smell of a new rig and I keep trying to find an excuse haha.
    Actually it did take a long time. I completed it in 2 days (for the hardware part). Didn't rush. After I get back from work I work on it for an hour or so. Though it took longer than the average build, it went smoothly except for the video card. Had to fight with it a bit ....
    Last edited by Theeb; 2012-08-27 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theeb View Post
    http://imgur.com/a/nK2tw/

My build. Not perfect. But I was so satisfied and proud of myself when I completed it considering I have never touched a computer component before. The cable manegement still bothers me but I didn't touch it since I know I'm never going to make it the way I picture it.
    Holy crap, where do you live? ;o By the Windows 7 box, somewhere in Africa/Middle East.

Also, looks like a build we would have told someone to build like 8~+ months ago. This new or just finally posting? ^_^

Great build nonetheless!

^ Saudi. And yes, finally posting. I came here to check the forums and see if I should be upgrading and found this thread. Figured I'll post my precious ... ^_^

I did this build right after my last post here asking for suggestions. I reallly *want* to upgrade, but I don't *need*.

I built mine in ~2 hours because of over-excitement, pretty much rammed everything together and started yelling "CMON WORK WORK WORK" (it didn't obviously, RAM was loose :P)...and then I took it apart later because I didn't even know what cable management was until I had looked at some of the builds posted here >_>
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-08-28 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I built mine in ~2 hours because of over-excitement, pretty much rammed everything together and started yelling "CMON WORK WORK WORK" (it didn't obviously, RAM was loose :P)...and then I took it apart later because I didn't even know what cable management was until I had looked at some of the builds posted here >_>
    So you didn't ram everything in hard enough :P

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    So you didn't ram everything in hard enough :P
    I see what you did (or didn't do?) there.

I upgrade my GPU last week, so i thaught it was time to post my set up again.

Specs:

i5 2500k @ 4.5 GHz
    8 GB corsair 1600 ram
    Asrock p67 extreme 4 gen 3
    Sapphire 7970 Dual-X 1100/1500
    Crucial m4 128 gb
    samsung spinpoint 1 TB 7200 rpm
    XFX 850 watt

As for the PSU, original plan was on going with 2x 6950 @ 6970. But turned out i didnt have the money for it :P

The discoloration between the 5.25" cover and the bay is not as obvious in real life. But only mild angles quickly mess up the lighting over the two, making them appear different.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-08-29 at 02:22 PM.

Finally upgraded my setup so i can post here

Eyefinity 5040x1050 - 2x Dell 2208WFP and 1x Samsung Syncmaster 2233BW - All 22"
    Logitech G510
    Logitech G9x on Razer Goliathus speed

Phenom II x4 955 at stock.
    G-skill sniper 2x 4GB
    Sapphire HD 6870
    MSI 760gm-e51
    160GB barracuda + 320gb barracuda
    All in a Fractal Design Core 3000

4670k @ 4.4 - Kingston HyperX (XMP) 8GB (2x 4096MB @ 1600mhz) - Zotac GTX 680
    h20 620 V4 push/pull - Fractal Design Pearl R4 - Samsung 830 64GB - Surround 5040x1050
    -

Did a bit of rewiring to better accommodate the new Xonar I got a few weeks ago. Got a custom cable made to feed power to the Xonar, then continue on 2 feet to feed power to the DVD drive.

Statism: Total bliss is just one more regulation away.

You should feed your front panel audio connector from two grommets down, where the molex powering the Xonar is coming from. That cable running over your video card makes me sad

And personally, I would take all your SATA cables and run them behind the mobo tray first, and the back through the grommets. I just hate seeing wires. Otherwise it looks good!!
    Last edited by Skelly; 2012-08-30 at 03:09 AM.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650