10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cusco View Post
    My brother is building a desktop for our father, his needs are low so it's going to consist mostly out of our old hardware. My brother's old 650W psu made more sense in my computer than in our father's, seeing as mine is 550W, so we decided to swap. Unfortunately, the 650W isn't modular either (just like the 550W).

Cable management... I still don't know how you guys can stand it, hahah.

If there's any illogical difference in light anywhere, then that's because the picture is composed out of three different exposures, which I threw together for optimal light and quality. Couldn't bother much about fixing the colors, though.
    I have the same heatsink, but my fan is on the other side. I just did something when i put it on because i could see no way to identify which way it was directing the air to...
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2012-09-02 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cusco View Post
    My brother is building a desktop for our father, his needs are low so it's going to consist mostly out of our old hardware. My brother's old 650W psu made more sense in my computer than in our father's, seeing as mine is 550W, so we decided to swap. Unfortunately, the 650W isn't modular either (just like the 550W).

Cable management... I still don't know how you guys can stand it, hahah.

If there's any illogical difference in light anywhere, then that's because the picture is composed out of three different exposures, which I threw together for optimal light and quality. Couldn't bother much about fixing the colors, though.
    Lol I hate it as much as the next guy, but I decided to get it over and done with and not have to worry bout it after that.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ATI Radeon HD 4850 with Accelero Twin Turbo Pro aftermarket cooler. This is one of the pieces that will be going in my home server.... Because I got it free. lols

VRAM heatsink is not exactly.... stuck in place, but is rather being held in place by the heat pipes. >_>

My Zalman ZM-STG2 thermal grease from a year ago is dying. I need more. sigh. Going to test this thing in my build now to see how horrible the temps are.

Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2012-09-02 at 10:16 PM.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Specs in the signature. This is my pc still kicking strong after 3 years coming this October. As some should notice and remember the Cooler sits crooked because its a day one i5 p55 1156 board and at the time Xigmatek was one of the few manufacturers that actually had a bracket but caused it to sit crooked lol.

My wifes build picture below Specs: i5 3570k, Biostar Tz77xe4 (first day combo deal on Ivy release), CM 212, Sapphire 6870, Kingston Hyperx 1600Mhz Low profile, CM 430 elite, 500Gb WD Cav Black, and Corsair 650tx. Pretty beastly budget build.

CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just really curious right now because everyone seems to have their heatsink fan pointed towards to front of the case, mine is pointed towards the back.. is that bad?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    His fan might be oriented differently.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    His fan might be oriented differently.
    Naw it looks right, the fan is in push. If it was in pull you would see the rear framing.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    I'm just really curious right now because everyone seems to have their heatsink fan pointed towards to front of the case, mine is pointed towards the back.. is that bad?
    When you have a single-side fan setup, pushing air onto a heatsink/radiator is more effective than pulling air through it. Fans in general push air better than they pull.

Also if your CPU fan is in pull, you basically end up with your case's rear exhaust and CPU fan right next to each other (which isn't achieving much).

So yeah, this pretty much sums up the ideal fan placement with a single-fan heatsink:

The temperature drop will barely be 1-2c (at that most) with a heatsink like that, but the theory becomes more noticeable with big radiators in watercooled setups.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-09-03 at 02:54 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    If youre talking about my heatsinks fans i have them pushing thru to the back exhaust.
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Also if your CPU fan is in pull, you basically end up with your case's rear exhaust and CPU fan right next to each other (which isn't achieving much).
    I don't even know if my fan is pushing or pulling. How do i know?

Deleted
    Your fan should come with some arrows on it, pointing towards the fan is directing the air (so to speak).
    If those arrows point towards the heatsink you are pushing, otherway around is pulling. Or so i assume

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess i need to open it up for a second time and reinstall it again then -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    ...arrows indication the fan direction? Pfffft no need lol.

Here is the easiest way to remember it.

The "smooth and clean" side of the fan is where air gets pulled in from (intake):
    http://www.atxpowersupplies.com/imag...er-350x350.gif

The "framed and wired" side of the fan is where air gets pushed out from (exhaust):
    http://www.cooltechpc.com/ctpc/images/tricool.jpg

So you can either have the fan "pushing" air onto the heatsink (like the image I showed earlier, the ideal setup) or you can have the fan "pulling" air through the heatsink.

With 2 fans you can have a "push/pull" setup like this:
    http://i4memory.com/reviewimages/mot...8_T3EH8_12.jpg
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-09-03 at 04:05 PM.

That's a horribly busy motherboard you've found there, Xuvial...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    That's a horribly busy motherboard you've found there, Xuvial...
    Haha yeah I realized it looks so chunky with all that heatsinking and filled RAM slots.

But who cares, motherfucking 3000rpm ultra kazes! 38mm thick and loud enough to wake up everyone's mothers.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-09-03 at 04:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha

So yeah, it was definitely pulling air in then. So it was actually pulling air in, where 5cm next to it the rear exhaust fan was pushing air out of the case. I'm such a genious.

Fixed it now though.

Pull means it was still sending air towards the back, ie, takes it through the heatsink to reach the fan.
    Push is when it takes it from the open and you know, pushes it through the heatsink.

So if you had it in push, it'd be bad.

http://imgur.com/S0fLA
    http://i.imgur.com/sf42j.jpg
    http://imgur.com/X7VCJ

Specc:

CPU: Intel i7-2600k (not overclocked yet)
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16gb 1600Mhz (black)
    MoBo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 660 TI Power Edition
    Cooling: Corsair H100
    Case: Corsair 650D with 3 Corsair high Profromance SP120 install (2 on H100, and 1 at the back - 200mm at the front)
    HDD1: Intel SSD 330, 60gb
    HDD2: 1TB Normal drive
    PSU: Corsair HX1050 (for future SLI - "may still be overkill" :-P )

Out side the PC:

Keyboard: Logitech G110
    Mousepad: Roccat Sense Glacier Blue (soon to be replace)
    Mouse 1: Logitech G600
    Mouse 2: Roccat Kova
    Screen: Samsung SyncMaster SA350 27"
    Last edited by Saehon; 2012-09-03 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saehon View Post
    http://imgur.com/S0fLA
    http://i.imgur.com/sf42j.jpg
    http://imgur.com/X7VCJ

Specc:

CPU: Intel i7-2600k (not overclocked yet)
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16gb 1600Mhz (black)
    MoBo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 660 TI Power Edition
    Cooling: Corsair H100
    Case: Corsair 650D with 3 Corsair high Profromance SP120 install (2 on H100, and 1 at the back - 200m at the front)
    HDD1: Intel SSD 330, 60bg
    HDD2: 1TB Normal drive
    PSU: Corsair HX1050 (for future SLI - "may still be overkill" :-P )

Out side the PC:

Keyboard: Logitech G110
    Mousepad: Roccat Sense Glacier Blue (soon to be replace)
    Mouse 1: Logitech G600
    Mouse 2: Roccat Kova
    Screen: Samsung SyncMaster SA350 27"
    Fix your cable management! No excuse in a 650D! Plenty of space to tuck em away!

Nice build

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Pull means it was still sending air towards the back, ie, takes it through the heatsink to reach the fan.
    Push is when it takes it from the open and you know, pushes it through the heatsink.

So if you had it in push, it'd be bad.
    I know. The thing is that the pull fan was facing the rear exhaust fan. Kinda pointless don't you think?

Not as bad as it had been pushing at that place. :P

It feeding the rear-exhaust, doesn't matter much whether pushing or pulling, imho D: